phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i've actually been using jcink's multimods for a good few months now! it's.... got some pros and cons.

it's good for things like archiving threads (since jcink moves threads in two screens normally but the multimod bypasses the screen to select where you pick where you're moving the thread) and approving apps (since it can post the approval message, lock the thread,and move the thread to the right board all in one go rather than four or five actions). i like it. i'm probably going to keep using it as a tool going forward. but it's also a little limited (like you can't post as a specific account if you want all your approvals on the placeholder account, i think, nor can you do custom approval messages if you still do those).

i also kind of like jcink's shop item that can sort an account into a member group when used, since you can pretty easily set it up so that filing your claims upon acceptance will give you the points without giving you the increase in post count, but the animanga rpc isn't as used to it as the rl one is, so people are kind of thrown off by it. i think it's neat, i'd like to give it more of a shot (and i think it's a good way to set up a site so it's still functional for people to make new characters on sites that the staff aren't maintaining anymore, but that's just me).

i know it also has a user-created group option that i've not explored (it might not be as effective as actual membergroups), so i can't speak for it. but it might be a similar thing. and i think there's a few other things you can do via the site store (like unlocking threads) that might also be fun to test out, if a little worrying for potential security issues.
last edit on Oct 12, 2021 23:51:45 GMT by Kuroya

540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
Icyboards had some really awesome multi-mod tools that were easy to set up complex operations with, I really miss it. I like JCINKs but it does feel a bit limited, but if you design your site a certain way it can make life a lot easier.