searching for long term writing partners

aliasnilla
pronounsthey/them
8written posts
nillaearned bits
offlinecurrently
nilla
nilla Avatar
hi there! this search might be a bit different than the norm, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

like the title says, i'm looking for some long-term writing partners, preferably for 1x1s over discord or a private site. i simply don't have the spoons to engage with a public site at the moment, but i'd still like to write and get excited over plots and characters! i'm especially eager to meet people who like to write original characters, so no canon characters please (though i'm open to writing ocs in fandom settings or aus, or writing against canons if you really feel strongly about them!). 

to share a little bit about myself: my name is nilla and i use they/them pronouns. i've been roleplaying for about 13 years across a number of platforms (primarily proboards, jcink, and tumblr) both in the animanga and real life community, though i have a preference for animanga. i work from home a couple of days a week, so i strive to reply to things during that time. i write in third person present tense and have an average word count of about 200-600, but i don't mind whatever my partners give me! as a queer person myself, a lot of my ocs tend to be queer and poc as well—and i have a large and varied cast because making ocs is my happy place.

my favorite settings to write in are fantasy (low/historical/high), modern supernatural settings, science fiction, space, post-apocalyptic, superheroes, entertainment industry, etc. generally, i'll try anything out. i've been writing slice of life for a while and although i'm definitely open to dipping my toes back into it, i also want to branch out! as mentioned above, i'm open to writing in fandom settings and aus—including those i'm not familiar with, as long as i can quickly read up on the lore. 

i'm down to do any kind of plot. i do enjoy writing romantic relationships and shipping in general, but i love to write things like fraught sibling relationships, navigating estranged friendships, mentor/mentee dynamics, found families and complicated friendship groups, enemies/antagonistic relationships turning to mutual respect, etc. i'm hoping my partners are similarly down to explore a bunch of different relationship dynamics! i'm also pretty good about picking up wanted characters/plots other people have, so if you're brainrotting over something in particular, please pitch it to me and 9 times out of 10 i will be happy to write it with you! 

i'm hoping to find some potential partner(s) who vibe with the above and are eager to collaborate on plots/characters/etc. i don't want this to feel too one-sided; i'd love to hear what you are excited to write and hopefully build a fun writing partnership together :) for that reason, communication is really important to me. i don't expect to talk every day, but i would like to keep in touch often enough that we both know we're still interested—and be comfortable enough to express if something isn't working for either of us. i know communication is hard sometimes but!! i think it's super important!! to building a strong + healthy friendship!!

anyway, that's about all! if you vibe with the above, please shoot me a pm here on pp and tell me about yourself/your dream plots/favorite ocs. we can chat on discord after that! thank you!!
last edit on Feb 18, 2023 22:59:18 GMT by nilla