INTEREST CHECK: RUNELANDS

aliaszomb
138written posts
Kayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kay
Kay Avatar
Hello! I'm back with some updates! (Thank you for that bump, iota). The skin's been progressing smoothly and so have the systems. Here are a few images if you'd like to know what's up -

So a few titbits from the images:

We've implemented a monetary system called "Shallis" or Shells for short. They won't be handed out per-post but more so IC currency characters earn from their jobs/tasks/quests or selling items/running a business. We've also placed a market where you can purchase items from the site shop or go questing for them in dungeons. These again are items which have some extra/nifty functions but aren't required if you wanna just RP the neat village life. Because Talents are a thing, we've also devised a system where members can open their own shops or create said items on their own if their talents aid them in creating said items (i.e spellcasting/potion-making/carpentry/cooking etc).

The next thing is that we've implemented that date system which gives you a flow of time and helps us keep track of birthdays. There's also the weather added so that typhoons, hail or snow can played out as well. We're also planning on having characters "unlock" different boards/expand the village by doing IC threads/tasks together such as a small school or university or things of that sort.

Do tell us know whatcha think of all this o7
Army-Crushing Star
pronounsSey/Sem
274written posts
Benetnaschearned bits
offlinecurrently
Benetnasch
Benetnasch Avatar
All my attempts to rp end in failure, so now I'm a solo act.

Heeeeyyyy I am very much still interested in this. I love quests And IC currency is fair for this setting; I'd argue otherwise if it was smth like an mmo.

Also, will soloing be an option or are quests and jobs strictly group affairs?
last edit on Sept 7, 2018 14:36:30 GMT by Benetnasch
aliaszomb
138written posts
Kayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kay
Kay Avatar
Benetnasch Avatar
Heeeeyyyy I am very much still interested in this. I love quests And IC currency is fair for this setting; I'd argue otherwise if it was smth like an mmo.

Also, will soloing be an option or are quests and jobs strictly group affairs?

Ey, I'm glad. So Jobs/quests can be solo'd yes. There's no restrictions on that.

vy Avatar
Just saw this and I love Rune Factory! I'm curious how you are going to implement the talent system. Will it have levels or no levels? If so would it be bought in the store or would there be a different way to level it up?

So there isn't any levels for your character but more so stages for your talents ranging from Beginner - Novice and such, all the way to master. You earn proficiency points by doing requests/quests and getting better at it -- but can and will still be considered proficient in the trade just because your character has taken up said skill.

aliaszomb
138written posts
Kayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kay
Kay Avatar
UPDATE! So unfortunately, recovery isn't going as we initially hoped with my friend's memory post surgery being quite murky about quite a few things including Runelands/Rune Factory. Since I can't really work on Runelands on my own right now (seeing how there was so much we planned together), I am so sorry to say that its creation has been halted for now and I will focus on other projects. I may pick up on it later, but again, I seriously apologize for all the hype and no delivery. We were so close too orz.
last edit on Oct 5, 2018 17:24:34 GMT by Kay