phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
catch me nervously sweating at the idea of an animated panfandom in the vein of kingdom hearts where you can unlock access to segments of the canon worlds (like opening up midgar from final fantasy vii or ba sing se from avatar) and do quests in those areas to earn money to open up new areas / make the current areas places you can settle in

(i like the concept just... struggling to come up with ways to make it work out well... maybe make the world access mostly for questing? idk it's really rough and i'm kind of dying banging my head against this solo asdfjkl-)

4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
deyja Avatar
I use to play Shin Megami Tensei online and a cool thing about that game is you could always repeat story quests if you were helping someone. So, I'd say create a bunch of different boards as worlds/areas then create member groups that have access to certain areas and as people complete maybe a quest or participate in an event they get access to more boards. My execution may be flawed, been some years since I worked with proboards, but I think something like that could work. The groups could be considered like badges or titles and people could go back to help others topple areas or something.

Just trying to be of some help.

(honestly i hate proboards as a host, we all know if i'm pitching something, it's gonna be on jcink-)

the issue i'm wrestling with is less.... general execution per se as much as it is trying to avoid falling into the obvious traps of 1) ending up with canons mostly sticking to their own worlds and refusing to plot with anyone else, 2) having some of the worlds feel "too similar" to each other (since like imo it doesn't make much sense to have the tokyo of death note and the tokyo of yugioh both be available when they both fill the same basic "modern city" niche), 3) figuring out a questing system that allows for more than just basic combat (ie being able to explore the crystal tower from xiv or engaging in all the politics of game of thrones), and 4) getting the questing mechanics so they're engaging to participate in with a sense of progression without being super mod-heavy or feeling super grindy / stat-heavy.

it's...... honestly a bit of a mess just because it hurts my brain trying to balance all that out, especially when i know it's all stuff i have to fix because those kinds of things would make or break the concept (because i've seen other sites fall into those exact traps before) and just. soft screaming into the abyss because it's fine i'll just muse absently about this in the shower and as i'm trying to fall asleep and whisper what a bad idea it is as i increasingly yearn all the more for the concept because it just sounds so neat-

Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Kuroya Avatar
catch me nervously sweating at the idea of an animated panfandom in the vein of kingdom hearts where you can unlock access to segments of the canon worlds (like opening up midgar from final fantasy vii or ba sing se from avatar) and do quests in those areas to earn money to open up new areas / make the current areas places you can settle in

(i like the concept just... struggling to come up with ways to make it work out well... maybe make the world access mostly for questing? idk it's really rough and i'm kind of dying banging my head against this solo asdfjkl-)

Working on this exact thing at the moment. It'll be on proboards, since the skin I have was made for it. But also because I'm not familiar with how to set up a site on jcink.
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
Mouse Avatar
Kuroya Avatar

Working on this exact thing at the moment. It'll be on proboards, since the skin I have was made for it. But also because I'm not familiar with how to set up a site on jcink.

negl, i'd actually be willing to help with setting it up on jcink if i had to + that would get it on jcink (because real talk, the jcink acp is actually a lot easier than it looks, you just need to figure out what to pare down that you don't need for day-to-day use). i actually keep meaning to make a guide to jcink's acp, i just...... haven't. i'd offer to convert the skin too but........ i am not fast with skinning and i don't want to commit to something i can't/won't follow through on.

i just dislike proboards that much as a software, okay, i spend the entire time i'm rping on it desperately missing jcink because i find the interface so bad now-

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
for your entertainment ;D
(shout out to and for talking about this in another thread)

slice of life pokemon. magic has been a great pal for bouncing ideas back and forth, so this is something that's definitely happening.

everything is sort of in the works right now, wip title being "POP!" or something to that effect for now.

ideas thus far:
- small but busy town, nice place for folks to retire after their pokemon journeys.
- chill place, not a lot of aggro type stuff. it's slice of life, after all.
- town is plugged into the US somewhere, probably near the coast. there was the idea of placing the town in an already established pokemon region, but we figure exploring pokemon in the real world would be pretty hype.
- app is gonna be minimal, for sure. just get folks plugged in and on their way. backstories and all that groovy stuff can be ironed out in individual plotters or something.
- jcink because we've found some nice skins that'll suit the theme nicely.
- am fcs because, well, it's pokemon.
- there's gonna be a proper cbox, #MakeCBoxGreatAgain.

all aboard the hype train.
discord or message me if you just want to share in the hype or help out.

gonna be a chill, pure time.
last edit on Dec 31, 2020 23:57:31 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

discord: wisshfye
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
FYE Avatar

slice of life pokemon. magic has been a great pal for bouncing ideas back and forth, so this is something that's definitely happening.

everything is sort of in the works right now, wip title being "POP!" or something to that effect for now.

ideas thus far:
- small but busy town, nice place for folks to retire after their pokemon journeys.
- town is plugged into the US somewhere, probably near the coast. there was the idea of placing the town in an already established pokemon region, but we figure exploring pokemon in the real world would be pretty hype.
- app is gonna be minimal, for sure. just get folks plugged in and on their way. backstories and all that groovy stuff can be ironed out in individual plotters or something.

give it to me.

but also i have. one (1) consideration for y'all. and that is. "i would literally die of happiness if there was an option to make something in the vein of the warlords from pokemon conquest because :eyes: i'd be feral to be able to bring over one of my old characters that i have as a warlord with a connection to the zorua line since his hair changes color and he's ~old money elite~ and i love him-"

i just love the warlord vibes from conquest, okay, and i go feral for the thought of it being like the purebloods from hp in terms of the ~we're elite and important families but we don't really do much~, just leave me be-

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
give it to me.

but also i have. one (1) consideration for y'all. and that is. "i would literally die of happiness if there was an option to make something in the vein of the warlords from pokemon conquest because :eyes: i'd be feral to be able to bring over one of my old characters that i have as a warlord with a connection to the zorua line since his hair changes color and he's ~old money elite~ and i love him-"

i just love the warlord vibes from conquest, okay, and i go feral for the thought of it being like the purebloods from hp in terms of the ~we're elite and important families but we don't really do much~, just leave me be-

Hngggh, you make me wanna break out my DS games and replay this so bad right now. It was so good! I'd honestly LOVE having something based of pokemon conquest. 
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
niall Avatar
Hngggh, you make me wanna break out my DS games and replay this so bad right now. It was so good! I'd honestly LOVE having something based of pokemon conquest. 

oh my shiva someone else understands my feral need for a pokemon rp that draws from conquest-
last edit on Jan 3, 2021 20:55:54 GMT by Kuroya

aliasBunny
pronounsThey/Them/Their
151written posts
★BUNNY★earned bits
offlinecurrently
★BUNNY★
★BUNNY★ Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
FYE Avatar

ideas thus far:

give it to me.

This bunny also has a conquest-based character that he has been absolutely DYING to use based on Fairy-Types! Have lore planned out, history, and everything! T_T
Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
Fantasy MMORPG isekai of which the MMORPG part is set in an afterlife? With a simple app and optional faceclaims? And D&D-inspired classes but mostly for flavor? Maybe an AU board for RPing the pre-isekai versions of the characters?

(No site plot set in stone yet but probably something involving the "game afterlife" and the "real afterlife" merging the more people die (and respawn) in-game until the point where there is no respawn available anymore)
last edit on Jan 7, 2021 11:55:55 GMT by Mari
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
i've posted about this before but i wanna go fresh since it's looking more and more like i'm gonna be doing it since i want nice things without having to be attacked for it.

animated panfandom site in the style of kingdom hearts where the characters are in small segments of settings from their original worlds (like saffron city for pokemon and midgar from final fantasy 7) and new worlds are periodically added based on member hype + character demographics + what the current world layout is. characters can participate in quests + dungeons to "restore" each world (quests are mostly freeform, dungeons are modded by members to be a combination of combat + exploring) and there's some light vrmmo skill-building mechanics for the dungeons but imo if you don't want to participate it won't hurt you and tbeh "leveling up" just makes them easier.

easy freeform app that's just "getting back to the basics" (quick and easy basic info area, powers area, freeform area, quick ooc area). casual approach to "listen xyz series / character is problematic but if you're willing to put in the work to approach this properly, we will allow it." relaxed activity requirements that will probably tl;dr down to "okay if you have a good reason for why you haven't posted this month (ie you're in 5 threads but you're waiting for replies in all of them), we'll let you through, nbd" because i don't like punishing people for stuff beyond their control.

(heck i might even get a lil bit spicy and go for a general panfandom and/or allow fandom ocs and/or maybe even allow "duplicate" characters if people give permission for it, idk, it's my house and i am emotionally exhausted and i honestly just wanna have a good time without feeling attacked and give people a home for if they're in the same boat tbeh-)
last edit on Jan 9, 2021 15:10:51 GMT by Kuroya

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
for your entertainment ;D
『Remember Me』

TL;DR plot: every day is something new. characters wake up in another place, another time, surrounded by different people. an example: a character works a long day at the office, goes to bed dreading the next day, and wakes up in, say, victorian-era england. another scenario: a character dies of the black plague, and after consciousness fades away, their eyes open and they find themselves in the middle of germany at the climax of ww2. this occurs every day. said "jumps" can send a person forward/backward days, weeks, months, years, centuries. lots of potential scenarios to be had here, which is the point.

characters retain the memories they have made over the course of time. this includes, especially, other characters they've met over the course of their...whatever this phenomenon ends up being called. but the meeting of other characters, forging bonds, etc. is the meaning behind the title "Remember Me". can such bonds hold together when the world one find themselves in is constantly changing?

-- am fcs, BUT fcs aren't required. i'd actually rather folks go through the process of describing their characters for the sake of storytelling.

-- because it's not necessary, there isn't going to be an exhaustive app. i wouldn't even call it an app at all. it'll all be done in a miniprofile with a few simple details and further development can be done in plotters and/or roleplay.

-- i'd argue fantasy scenarios are definitely possible. in fact, it'd be silly to not leave that possibility open.

-- because i already have it sorted and ready to go, it'll be jcink prem.

lmk lmk lmk.
last edit on Jan 9, 2021 20:13:31 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

discord: wisshfye
Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
kupo Avatar
anyone else still thirsting for a vrmmo role play site or is it just me?
(and if you die in the game, you don't die for real, because it isn't isekai; you can role play slice-of-life outside the game and go questing in the game??? maybe?)

I like this 👀👀👀

technically I am working on a site like this with no "ingame death is irl death" stuff, except for that it is still an isekai thing