phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
Mouse Avatar
Been toying with this idea of a Panfandom set in the Kingdom Hearts universe. With the whole, "Every star is a world." it wouldn't be too hard to explain either.

Just say that barriers once keeping Fire Emblem or Mega Man's world closed broke down. It be interesting to say the least.

I still have my old KH site up too - so it just be a matter of changing up all the info to fit the new setting. The site would be on proboards unless I found someone willing to convert the skin I have to jcink.

Would anyone even be interested in something like this tho??

honestly, i was thinking about this again last night, and i thought it would be super neat if like.... new worlds only get added when you get 3-5+ characters from a canon (just to minimize the amount of boards the staff have to make for worlds that otherwise wouldn't get used) or if there was some kind of mechanic where you were "finding" new worlds as you progressed through the site plot and stuff.

idk i just think it's super neat oops-

pronounsshe/her
90written posts
FINITEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FINITE
FINITE Avatar
Digimon Cyber Sleuth/Hacker's Memory roleplay, anyone?

Super lax, randomized Digimon starters (+ the ability to choose your own via purchase, + the ability to have up to three 'mon), the opportunity to be a Cyber Body or a Digimon, etc. etc. etc. Pretty much leaving it sandbox outside of the initial application process (& for custom Digimon).

I won't put up any official interest check/staff search, but if you want to help out or are interested, hmu. <3

edit: oh, and it's on jcink.
last edit on Dec 10, 2020 22:12:43 GMT by FINITE
pronounshe/him
724written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
if anyone shows interest in this i might flesh it out more but:

post-apocalyptic pokemon RP in which pokemon spirits have melded with human bodies. you have the ability to manipulate your pokemon spirit for powers. most of the focus of the RP would be on recovering from whatever destroyed the world, exploration, and political drama.

thinking animanga FCs, with simple apps, and legendaries as site canons. legendaries would not be inherently more powerful than non-legendary spirits, but they are the only "unique" spirits. probably starting with the Galar legendaries and introducing more if the site gets big, with site canons limited based on the size of the site. (i just wanna play a spectrier spirit ok let me have a horse.)

3-3-3 jcink nonsense etc etc probably booting with a premade skin but i'll make a unique one if the site succeeds.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
17written posts
dyfaluearned bits
offlinecurrently
dyfalu
dyfalu Avatar
illidan main Avatar

post-apocalyptic pokemon RP in which pokemon spirits have melded with human bodies. you have the ability to manipulate your pokemon spirit for powers. most of the focus of the RP would be on recovering from whatever destroyed the world, exploration, and political drama.

thinking animanga FCs, with simple apps, and legendaries as site canons. legendaries would not be inherently more powerful than non-legendary spirits, but they are the only "unique" spirits. probably starting with the Galar legendaries and introducing more if the site gets big, with site canons limited based on the size of the site. (i just wanna play a spectrier spirit ok let me have a horse.)

3-3-3 jcink nonsense etc etc probably booting with a premade skin but i'll make a unique one if the site succeeds.
I'd be interested in this, but I'd love if the legendaries did get god-tier boosts. It'd make them more desirable and also bring me back to my old site days. I'd also love a mechanic where the spirits were assigned rather than selected by the person making the character. Then again, I always loved a challenge.
pronounshe/him
724written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
dyfalu Avatar
illidan main Avatar

I'd be interested in this, but I'd love if the legendaries did get god-tier boosts. It'd make them more desirable and also bring me back to my old site days. I'd also love a mechanic where the spirits were assigned rather than selected by the person making the character. Then again, I always loved a challenge.
eh i'm of the mind that legendaries are special enough by being "unique".

and i could make it so that you can request an assigned spirit, but i'm not going to make it forced. mostly because I have specific spirits that I want to play, and i have zero interest in having someone tell me "no you can't have spectrier, audino, and bibarel, you have to have THESE POKEMON INSTEAD." so yeah if you want you can opt-in to an assigned spirit, that's fine. just.... i already don't play on Pokemon sites because I want specific pokemon and I don't feel like scrounging through a million route threads just to maybe get the Pokemon I want.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
49written posts
mavrohearned bits
offlinecurrently
mavroh
mavroh Avatar
I don't even know if I could pull this off, but lessee if anyone's interested in the first place:

BATTLE TENDENCY
So, the basic premise of this site is that it's a complete and utter shonen trash site. The main narrative drive behind characters and their interactions would be super duper hardcore fightan threads that pits all your favorite power fantasies against each other.
So, my idea here is to steal borrow, mix and mash all the edgy and cool stuff from popular and stylish shonen mangas like Bleach, Naruto, Black Clover, Jujutsu Kaisen, Nanatsu no Taizai and whatever other teenager's daydream shonen has serialized over the years and condense into something workable with a setting that would pit characters against each other.

There would be a class system setup, where each class represents some shonen-y trope. Like, for example there's weapon-wielders ala Bleach and Soul Eater, a technique-based class ala Naruto, Black Clover etc. with the ability to buy more powers as time moves on.
I don't want it to veer off into total absurdity though, so all powers would follow some kind of connective aesthetic tying setting, world and abilities together, but ideally with enough room for everyone to get creative with their version of the big-ass-blast

The setting would likely invoke either a higher power or a panfandom-y dreamscape of sorts, or basic circumstance like some supernatural anime fighting-institute/wrestling extravaganza. This ties in to the plot boiling down to a permanent Yu-Gi-Oh-ish Duelist Kingdom/Battle City arc for fame, or glory, or your nakama, or revenge, or maybe some harry-potter-house type factions.

My goal would be to foster an environment where people just enjoy writing big-ass-blasts leveling city-blocks and mutually discussing scenes and their outcomes as things move along rather than see who can spew up the most intricately masturbatory word salad. To foster this, characters would all be on a level playing field regardless if you're just starting out or have a long-standing character. The power scale would remain roughly the same. Your matchup and arsenal of abilities would be the only significant thing. This would be completely statless, rankless, etc. Basically, losing would only be consequential in the narrative and your character's plot because all fights are canon. But maybe the next fight they bounce back with by getting a critical hit on their rival or something similar.

But yah, my inner teenager is screaming to level some buildings and write some super fun shonen trash scenes without worrying too much about lore or overaching storylines or my character's place in the universe (as much as I love doing that). I just wanna have a place to shoot some hand lasers man.

PS: This got really long and I tried to edit it and cut it down to the essentials. Hope this is somewhat cohesive and not too word-y.
last edit on Dec 17, 2020 2:54:37 GMT by mavroh
pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
Okok so sorry for double posting, but I’m curious if anyone is interested in any of these (sorry i know this is a lot, just dm me or reply for specific ones ig. I just wanted to toss it all out together instead of posting 3 separate times lolol):

1. Zombie apocalypse
I’m thinking of focusing it around one of the first colonies to be established after the virus broke out. There can also be outlanders who live outside the colony walls and explore the land themselves. There could be a lot of political drama, cool fights against the undead, and a whole plot regarding the virus and how it came to be/how to fix it. I could also see the site having different classes for the characters, like medic, savager, lookout, etc.

2. WILD WEST BUT W POKÉMON

Okok so this is highkey based around this Pokémon dnd campaign I did a few years back. But, basically, it would be a Wild West based Pokémon forum. To spice it up, I would probably implement some different classes the characters can choose from. One being part Pokémon (like they can choose to be a certain Pokémon type and be able to use specific Pokémon moves within that type, as well as have a natural ability tied to that type. So, for example, if you chose to be affiliated with fire type your character could be fire resistant and use flame wheel). One class could be more involved with guns n shit, another could allow a character to focus more on Pokémon battling (like an ace trainer), and one could even allow someone to communicate w Pokémon.

I probably have the most ideas for this specific one and this is just me rambling, but I could easily organize this one a LOT more if there’s interest.

3. Hollywood slice of life forum

This is based off a forum I saw a while ago that I REALLY liked. Basically, it’ll take place in Hollywood and characters can either choose to be an actor, director/anything behind the scenes, a journalist/blogger/Internet personality, artist, dancer, or be apart of a band. This would be a much more lax site, with the only real system being a fame system that would just be a simple thing of more post/more albums or work = more fame. I would also like to include a system that has members putting together their own albums if they’re in the music industry (which would just be them claiming and putting together songs) and have actors claim roles in movies (ie: beauty from beauty and the beast). When they post the album, a mod can randomly generate the response to it. So, for example, a character would put together an album, send a mod request, and that mod would roll a dice or something and respond w “YOU RECEIVE 3 OUT 5 STARS” which would be like “this album is aight, but not ur best work”. Then, maybe out of all the 5/5 albums, one is randomly gets selected to be the “hot and trending album of the season/month”.

These are all just ideas I’ve thrown together. Sorry if it’s just a lot of rambling, but idk lmk if any of ya are interested???
last edit on Dec 24, 2020 20:13:40 GMT by Macchiato
pronounshe/him
877written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
Macchiato Avatar

2. WILD WEST BUT W POKÉMON

Okok so this is highkey based around this Pokémon dnd campaign I did a few years back. But, basically, it would be a Wild West based Pokémon forum. To spice it up, I would probably implement some different classes the characters can choose from. One being part Pokémon (like they can choose to be a certain Pokémon type and be able to use specific Pokémon moves within that type, as well as have a natural ability tied to that type. So, for example, if you chose to be affiliated with fire type your character could be fire resistant and use flame wheel). One class could be more involved with guns n shit, another could allow a character to focus more on Pokémon battling (like an ace trainer), and one could even allow someone to communicate w Pokémon.

I probably have the most ideas for this specific one and this is just me rambling, but I could easily organize this one a LOT more if there’s interest.

1. ive been DYING for a wild west rp in general.
2. pokemon somewhere in there is ALSO what i want too
3. THIS IS EVERYTHING I WANT RIGHT NOW

Now serving!