Quick Interest Checks

pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
I wanted to check here, mostly to kill my own muse/loneliness.

But does anyone want a Modern Fantasy Roleplay with CEOs, Power Houses, Politicians, etc etc.. All With High technology available, Genetic Mutations, And Magic? Like a Supernatural, Advance Tech, and Super powers mix-mash up? However the main focus is all these Characters Facing off one another in Political Highclass manner? Trying to Outrank, Out Buy, etc etc each other? Without giving away their powers?Banter encouraged

Should your character get caught using their powers in front of "Normies" something bad will happen to them, or that "normie" Like random event type thing?

Again just typing this to feel slightly better. though I would love to expand this idea if anyone was actually interested, you can pm me...  proboards only, I'm weak against Jcink coding and forum design

maybe lovecraftian being involved too... it has high tech and magic and bad political things

Edit later: Wait wait.. I just saw "my life as a villainess"  AND NOW I want it where These characters actually age together to Adulthood SO they Can Snob and Banter together. Like 1 School Year every Season type ordeal. And this Way you can start threads in any Season + The Characters Grow up together. And Bond.. And Allowing you to change Faceclaim through their aging. Then when a Member goes inactive or something they can say the character "transferred" that year or Moment.. and have came back due to Living lifestyles of high class and travel.

Yep, now it'll be Unique Roleplay that nobody has experienced before.
last edit on Apr 4, 2020 20:57:30 GMT by Ginger
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,501written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Trying to think of ways to achieve my Ideal Forum :tm: without hitting the same old road bumps. Panfandom + original + fandom originals forum, which allows for all manner of character with no limitation (beyond, say, two people playing the same character - although potentially put in a clause that two people can play different versions of the same canon, so long as the original player gives the other the a-okay). Remove need for face claims altogether for original characters, either through heavier emphasis on appearance descriptors and/or use of aesthetic images in place of your usual avatar and icon. Want to play a native OC? That's cool. Wanna play Claude von Reigan? Excellent taste. Wanna play some mega obscure canon that only appeared in an audio drama as a side character? Go ham. Wanna play a character pulled directly off another RP site? Game. Want to play your Sonic the Hedgehog OC? Heck yeah.

No solid ideas for a plot, but something civil war-esque or heavily faction-based with lots of in fighting. Trends I see in most panfandoms tend to boil down to: a) complete sandbox, where heavily motivated/active characters are suddenly at a loss for what to do and don't naturally integrate into a laid back setting (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I've just never personally been very good without some driving plot, sfkjlhdskfjsh); or b) there's some external threat that causes all the characters getting sucked in, but doesn't end up having all that much impact on the characters when you get down to it (which, again, not necessarily a problem, but it goes back to the first part parenthetical). Introducing character friction and groups that appeal to certain ideals can, if handled correctly, shake things up. You don't have to wait for the big site plot to find you - each character shapes the site plot. Canons can fight with their own series enemies, and now they can fight with other canons and OCs who ally themselves with opposing groups, or even with old friends/acquaintences who ended up on the opposite side because of who they are as a personal and what morals mean to them.

I just want ANGST. :clap: And the ability to play literally whatever character I WANT. :clap: Don't wanna worry about my canon character 'not being popular enough' for plots or being 'too obscure to PLAY'. :clap: Don't wanna worry about finding that Perfect Face Claim :tm: for a character who looks nothing at all like the popular animanga CLAIMS. :clap: Gimme gritty character-driven anything goes RP.
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
Trying to think of ways to achieve my Ideal Forum :tm: without hitting the same old road bumps. Panfandom + original + fandom originals forum, which allows for all manner of character with no limitation (beyond, say, two people playing the same character - although potentially put in a clause that two people can play different versions of the same canon, so long as the original player gives the other the a-okay). Remove need for face claims altogether for original characters, either through heavier emphasis on appearance descriptors and/or use of aesthetic images in place of your usual avatar and icon. Want to play a native OC? That's cool. Wanna play Claude von Reigan? Excellent taste. Wanna play some mega obscure canon that only appeared in an audio drama as a side character? Go ham. Wanna play a character pulled directly off another RP site? Game. Want to play your Sonic the Hedgehog OC? Heck yeah.

No solid ideas for a plot, but something civil war-esque or heavily faction-based with lots of in fighting. Trends I see in most panfandoms tend to boil down to: a) complete sandbox, where heavily motivated/active characters are suddenly at a loss for what to do and don't naturally integrate into a laid back setting (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I've just never personally been very good without some driving plot, sfkjlhdskfjsh); or b) there's some external threat that causes all the characters getting sucked in, but doesn't end up having all that much impact on the characters when you get down to it (which, again, not necessarily a problem, but it goes back to the first part parenthetical). Introducing character friction and groups that appeal to certain ideals can, if handled correctly, shake things up. You don't have to wait for the big site plot to find you - each character shapes the site plot. Canons can fight with their own series enemies, and now they can fight with other canons and OCs who ally themselves with opposing groups, or even with old friends/acquaintences who ended up on the opposite side because of who they are as a personal and what morals mean to them.

I just want ANGST. :clap: And the ability to play literally whatever character I WANT. :clap: Don't wanna worry about my canon character 'not being popular enough' for plots or being 'too obscure to PLAY'. :clap: Don't wanna worry about finding that Perfect Face Claim :tm: for a character who looks nothing at all like the popular animanga CLAIMS. :clap: Gimme gritty character-driven anything goes RP.
You literally just laid out everything I could ever want in a panfandom oml, I'd DIE for this to become a thing. I have characters I always want to play that never get any plots on normal panfandoms because most of them cater to anime and anime only, BUT THIS. I NEED/WANT THIS SO BADLY.
pronounshe/him
729written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar

tbh panfandoms without centralized plots always lose me because it's easier for plotting if your characters have a unified goal. Otherwise you have to basically play popular characters or be super proactive and have lots of laid-back plot ideas, or you're fucked :/.

So I'd be down for this.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
pronounsany
297written posts
flareearned bits
offlinecurrently
flare
flare Avatar
rp is supposed to be fun, remember
idk quarantine thoughts i guess.

• deities/gods-personified: think of noragami where they have a human form where they can be seen by people and have to live among them. they also have a transcended version with a physical appearance that is a bit different that they can phase to unlock the full potential of their powers - but only other divine beings can see them. they carry the seed of the god they personify - which means that they can die and are not immune to harm and the seed would find a new home to occupy.

• metropolitan city: i don't really like small cities or strictly one area or the other but what if it was a metropolitan city where the gods were drawn to (for obvious purposes such as council, or maybe a training grounds to regain powers on new body after death etc) and you can do what-ever you want to do. you can also plot with whoever you wanted to because they can probably sense each other so even the most polar opposites would have a reason to meet?

• maybe SOL with optional combat: ok i am not imagining this to be a stats-fest or anything too complicated. however, i am imagining them to be able to have a weapon of their chosing that they can summon, and attack with their powers inflicted upon it. (e.g a spear or bow user that can use shadows etc) would probably go DnD style with dice-rolls and allow a lot of overpowered stuff because anime power fantasy but yeah. maybe something like noragami where there would be demons or devils as counterparts? maybe a tournament event? (idk i just watched

• sandbox/semi-serious: alright i will be honest that i don't expect this to be the most staff-heavy site to be, nor overly complex, but maybe council politics, maybe a semi-school thing, maybe crusaders as guardians, who knows. just what you make it out to be and what you want it to be.

• soft restrictions: probably deities, myths, superstitions and folklore allowed to be played. if there is a demand humans wouldn't be bad either but its not something i'd love to spread too thin over and have demons, devils, classes, canons and just-- i don't want to overwhelm anyone tbh, just pick something and you should be fine. also thinking one-god-per-character meaning only one apollo etc but who knows if it would bite me later on tbh. (though there are a ton of deities so i am thinking not but??)

i really dont know what i'm writing anymore fam, just find me in dms or vera#0530 on discord ig. this is the most cookie cutter noragami-but-not style of interest check ive ever written.

last edit on Apr 6, 2020 19:38:46 GMT by flare
pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
flare Avatar
idk quarantine thoughts i guess.

• deities/gods-personified: think of noragami where they have a human form where they can be seen by people and have to live among them. they also have a transcended version with a physical appearance that is a bit different that they can phase to unlock the full potential of their powers - but only other divine beings can see them. they carry the seed of the god they personify - which means that they can die and are not immune to harm and the seed would find a new home to occupy.

• metropolitan city: i don't really like small cities or strictly one area or the other but what if it was a metropolitan city where the gods were drawn to (for obvious purposes such as council, or maybe a training grounds to regain powers on new body after death etc) and you can do what-ever you want to do. you can also plot with whoever you wanted to because they can probably sense each other so even the most polar opposites would have a reason to meet?

• maybe SOL with optional combat: ok i am not imagining this to be a stats-fest or anything too complicated. however, i am imagining them to be able to have a weapon of their chosing that they can summon, and attack with their powers inflicted upon it. (e.g a spear or bow user that can use shadows etc) would probably go DnD style with dice-rolls and allow a lot of overpowered stuff because anime power fantasy but yeah. maybe something like noragami where there would be demons or devils as counterparts? maybe a tournament event? (idk i just watched

• sandbox/semi-serious: alright i will be honest that i don't expect this to be the most staff-heavy site to be, nor overly complex, but maybe council politics, maybe a semi-school thing, maybe crusaders as guardians, who knows. just what you make it out to be and what you want it to be.

• soft restrictions: probably deities, myths, superstitions and folklore allowed to be played. if there is a demand humans wouldn't be bad either but its not something i'd love to spread too thin over and have demons, devils, classes, canons and just-- i don't want to overwhelm anyone tbh, just pick something and you should be fine. also thinking one-god-per-character meaning only one apollo etc but who knows if it would bite me later on tbh. (though there are a ton of deities so i am thinking not but??)

i really dont know what i'm writing anymore fam, just find me in dms or vera#0530 on discord ig. this is the most cookie cutter noragami-but-not style of interest check ive ever written.

bro I would DIE for noragami/god rp. I want the drama of having a zeus-like character runnin' around LOL
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,501written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
blair Avatar
(NOT dragonslaying that literally defeats my purpose ide)

Wow, you're just gonna go for my throat, huh? Gonna murder me right there on the carpet?

NO, THOUGH, IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, SDLFJHDKJFSDH, most Fire Emblem sites these days have wyvern riders as an available class, if that's enough to scratch your itch, but a site dedicated to something like How to Train Your Dragon - not even necessarily based on that series, just the general idea of having different breeds of dragons and flying on them, either as pets or into battle would be so rad.
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar

hard agreed. 

make a simple but inclusive plot that acts as a segway into plots but can also be straight up ignored so ppl can still have their SoL coffee shop thread (not like anything'll stop them).

taking from tried n true cliches and setting works very well w/ u adapting and putting a little bit of change to add that seasoning (which is salt in @pinksugar 's case)

liberty vs freedom is a very constant one.

something like kingdom hearts but mold around something less good vs evil is kosher too.

guy who did alucard made one like that... think it was called drifters? 

shit could be afterlife. every1 dies eventually no matter what universe ur in (panfandom). turns out there is a heaven / hell but it's universal for every multiverse. it's a bit different than everyone expects and badda bing BADDA BOOM.  

pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar

since everyone commenting on this. I wanna too.. [bandwagon jumper]

-whimpers- I wanna deal with lotsa and lotsa lotsa Angst.. I want characters to suffer... and I wanna play Bill Cipher and Flowey... which are characters that I am 100% if admins saw would gasp and say no due to their OP abilities.. and just.. Mmmm.. I WANT ANGST and Torture.. and just BAD THINGS... really really really bad things.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Ginger Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar

since everyone commenting on this. I wanna too.. [bandwagon jumper]

-whimpers- I wanna deal with lotsa and lotsa lotsa Angst.. I want characters to suffer... and I wanna play Bill Cipher and Flowey... which are characters that I am 100% if admins saw would gasp and say no due to their OP abilities.. and just.. Mmmm.. I WANT ANGST and Torture.. and just BAD THINGS... really really really bad things.
 I want to play star butterfly...  or pacifica northwest. MAYBE EVEN REVERSE MABEL. so many I've always wanted to play from cartoons where panfandoms are usually full of anime and game characters, and cartoons are frowned upon?? Which, honestly... I love me some usagi tsukino, rei hino, and kagome higurashi, too. nothing wrong with anime/manga/games.

but, like--

GOSH.

SO MUCH I want to explore. SO MANY CHARACTERS I have never gotten to play.

If it helps, I, too, am an advocate for angst and deep emotional wounds. however, I love a good amount of fluff too

just saying I third this. would join yes
last edit on Apr 8, 2020 6:28:36 GMT by Deleted
Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
I'm gonna ramble about an idea for a bit, it's still really new and rough but I try..

fantasy MMO site with elementals as main playable character focus??? No character classes, each element is essentially its own "class" with its own abilities and stuff to unlock at higher levels (note: I'm not sure yet if we're gonna use a leveling system or something else)
We'll probably start with six or seven elements, but there will probably be more unlockable elements through events, site milestones, or other things.

There probably won't be a lot of stat-heavy or complicated dice roll stuff, because as much as I love rolling dice, I know it's not gonna be easy to make a balanced system with this. The only system thing I have so far is that with each "level" your character gains, you get some points to spend on skills and abilities and stuff like that. These skills can be changed over time, so you're not stuck with them. One thing I do imagine to be important is that it would be necessary to list your current skillset in your first post in an IC thread.

I'm probably not going with the "you're stuck in this game and if you die here you die irl" stuff, because I personally don't like the idea of characters being stuck in the game. Instead, I kinda wanna make it more like a text-based MMO where people can actually log out and stuff if they want to, maybe I'll even make a board for out-of-game RP stuff?

I don't know what forum host I'd use yet, since I don't really have preference between Jcink or Proboards (I know there's more hosts but I either don't know how they work, or I don't like how they work)

since I can't make an actual AE MMO type of game, I might just make a forum-based one
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Really considering working on an animanga Vampire Diaries/Legacies forum after having recently rewatched the series. It be AU but have slight nods to canon, namely in the Salvatore Boarding School. Set it on Jcink, maybe have it be premium, of course that means I'd have to learn my way around Jcink's interface better but it's doable.
8written posts
Plemithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Plemith
Plemith Avatar
Man I just have so many ideas, who said all of them are good.

I wanna use Pokemon, been getting into it with tabletops but always want more. A more normal Pokemon setup, region with badges or contests or whatever it may be. Really stat minimal, if any at all that actual affect battles. A variety of things to promote whatever you wish to get out of Pokemon, "exploration", battle, contests, collecting whatever it may be.

Actually extremely interested in this idea specifically so if anyone wants to add an idea to the pool feel free to PM me.
last edit on Apr 18, 2020 13:13:36 GMT by Plemith