Looking for a great many things!

3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Disclaimer: this is 100% trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, but you've been looking long enough that I thought I'd give it a shot. Our chat is Discord only, but we do have an on-site widget that I think is guest friendly. I haven't explicitly tested it, so my bad if this isn't the case. I'm also willing to sit down with you and figure out why Discord hates you so much if that's something you're interested in. The setting is completely original with no fandom inspirations and are not a panfandom or fandom site in any form, but I do technically allow people to play canons from series provided they're adapted to the setting just because I don't see adapted canons as any different from playing an OC. No one's done it yet, but I'm not sure if even allowing such a thing is a dealbreaker for you.

So if you're okay with all this Ascendant might work out. I'll just go into detail on how I think the concepts I know enough about would work.

I'll start with the very specific character concept you have posted. Your barbarian friend would be easy. Ascendant takes place in a multiverse, and one of the existing universes takes place during the European Renaissance, so superstition all around. To top that off, mages are fucking terrifying and have been causing all sorts of trouble, and a magical monstrosity attacked that world recently and wiped the entirety of Central America along with a big chunk of southern North America clean off the map. There's good reason to hate mages and I doubt such sentiments would be that weird given they problem mixed with the anti-witch and other religious fears of the time. We only allow mages, but his power could be a passive one to make him think he's not actually a mage. And a mage hunting other mages sounds pretty hilarious. I think it'd actually mix pretty well with an upcoming character concept of mine too.

The dragon is a little harder, but probably not for the reasons you're thinking. We allow really old mages even though magic was extremely uncommon there. The problem is that magic is supposed to be kind of an unstoppable force, so sealing probably wouldn't work (you can talk about it with us, but that's the biggest blocker that I can see). Making him comatose for a long time or some other shenanigan might. The other potential issue is that we don't really want people to make non-human characters in the non-player created universes, but there's ways around this.

1.) Make it so he was human and changed when he got his magic because this is 100% allowed. If it happened when he was young enough he might think he was always like this. Alternatively, he could believe he accepted a god into his body (the process that gives people magic can make them extremely delirious, so this is reasonable) and that he just is that god now or something.

2.) Make your own universe. You'd need 300 posts before you can do this (we post fast, it won't take forever promise), but if you make your own then you can just say dragons are real and then dragons are real. The only limitation is that magic is a recent phenomenon beyond the occasional archmage dickery, so they'd have to be more physically possible dragons, or your character would have to be special or something or other. An ice world would be pretty cool though, no pun intended.

But having an old mage that was the guardian of some area is pretty reasonable. Mages are super powerful, so being revered as a god is also pretty reasonable. Given mages weren't common until recently, it's possible that he was the only mage they'd ever seen, and you can still say some other old mage sent him into a coma/whatever sealing equivalent works for you. Our level 1 equivalent is 15, which all new members would have to start at, but here's some descriptions of what starting characters can do.

> Can hit as hard as a bomber jet and exert force as heavy as the largest buildings.
> Can dismantle biological systems in a city-block-sized area.
> Can manipulate skyscrapers and move at cruise missile speeds.
> Can create city-block-sized illusions that fool all human senses.
> Can detect all lifeforms and viruses in the same city block.

Basically, our power levels are really high so even at level 15 your character would still be completely god-like. You could also say that he just needs to stretch his legs and get back into the swing of things again after being sealed equivalent for so long. Alternatively, at 150 posts, we let people make a level 30 character if that's not good enough. And then at 300, we let people make a level 45 character. And a level 60 one at 600. And--well I'm sure you get the idea. The only restriction on those is that they can't exceed the highest level character on the site (which is 22 right now, so it might be a little while before someone hits 30). It doesn't stop you from taking it, it just means your character would be level 22 instead of 30 until someone hits 30. Levels just don't matter as much on Ascendant as they do on other sites (a level 15 character would absolutely be able to compete with a level 30 one) because we want new people to be able to integrate to the site and play with established members, so hopefully that helps too.

tl;dr since that was a bit long: Concept works, just might need a bit of tweaking to fight certain aspects of the site.

---

Going to put Site 1 and Site 6 concepts together since I think they'd work out in about the same way. I'm very familiar with Persona, but not at all with Nier Automata so I'm guessing on the latter. We do require all characters be mages, but being a mage construct with mage-like power is also acceptable. ICly they wouldn't be protected by the academy as the academy only goes out of its way to stop mages from dying, but we're not a death enabled site so OOCly you still wouldn't have to worry about your characters getting randomly killed off. It might add some interesting IC drama. Anyway, super powerful machine created by a mage would be fine. A mage that could pull out someone's 'true self' a la Persona 4's shadows, or collect ideas and manifest them could create something like a shadow. The mage that created them could be around if you wanted someone else to play them, or they could be dead to give your character more freedom to derp around and do stuff. Whichever you prefer.

---

Site 4 could work depending on how you wanted to swing it. If he could project himself somehow he could still interact with the world. Getting magic can make people delirious, so he could believe he's in the afterlife, or that he spoke to some god or deity, or whatever you want to do.

---

Site 7 could work as well. I said before that we only allow humans, or mutated humans, with one exception: if someone creates a new universe where they're a thing. I just so happened to have created a universe where the sea levels rose by about 2000% in the distant past, so most of the planet is covered in water. Given this is my world and I can do what I want, I'm okay with saying fish people are a thing because they fit pretty thematically.

---

I'm around to answer any questions, so if any of this sounds interesting to you don't hesitate to ask.
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
gym spots aren't open rn....

but you don't have to start level 1. you get to start at a decent medium level ranging from 4 stage 1 pokemon or 2 stage 3 pokemon. no levels, no grinding, and we have gachapon! don't want to grind out your journey? just post like normal and when you have cash you can roll for a choice between 3 pokemon. it's decently addicting.

3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

On user request. If you'd like it reopened for any reason, just PM a staff member