839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
eliza Avatar
will i get kill if i double post in this thread? yeet im do it anyways

i've actually grown to be pretty uncomfortable rping. like, in general.

i don't really know how this happened. i don't think i changed that much, and i don't think my environment changed all that much. maybe i just took notice of what was always there. i just really hate feeling like i'm forcing characters, or ideas on people. my actual interests are largely in playing really fucked up characters. not like, "i have daddy issues", characters - get outta town, - like, "i may look normal, but i long for nothing more than to dig one of your eyeballs out of your skull and eat it in front of you" fucked up. that, or to really be involved with the ongoing political tension of a scenario. it always feels like even the most ostensibly political rps are really just backdrops for fluff romance. had a dime for every one of those, i could buy... i dunno. a nice book, i guess.

i feel like those sorts of things are all people are really looking for. that, or a snarky sibling maybe. and i just don't care to provide those things. i mean, i do appreciate a good romance plot, but those don't come along every tuesday. and i mean, i get it. people don't want their characters to be killed etc., whether by other players or events. but i really do. i want a single wrong move to leave my character lying in an alley with a bullet in the back of their head.

so what am i doing trying to foist such plots on people who signed up for coffee dates and love triangles? embarrassing myself, primarily.

i dunno. i'm probably overthinking shit. just felt the need to write this out.

these are definitely hard to find these days. idk if our niche is small but i definitely feel you. not so much the i wanna KILL KILL KILL thing but the political tension that can happen in RP. bunch of council members as canon? u best bet i'm going to thread w/ every single person on site under our affiliation and try to win them over. then when i oust ur ass I'LL BECOME DICTATOR BY POPULAR VOTE (just because i threaded and connected / persuaded other characters).

only problem is that to do that i have to pigeon hole myself to a certain archetype and go from there.
the eldritch truth
pronounsHe/Him
1,102written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
selkie Avatar
can i just say how much i love it when this site has in-depth, multi-paragraph discussions about rp stuff/design/etc

everyone is so goddamn smart never stop please and thank u

MOOD
159written posts
dsboywonder25earned bits
offlinecurrently
dsboywonder25
dsboywonder25 Avatar
iota Avatar
dsboywonder25 Avatar
I just sit here going 'why does everyone just have amazing 200x300 avatars and mine is trash'

-Covers your miqo'tes ears- your poor miqo. D:

Oh no my Miqo'te - Ta'vren is awesome.... but his avatar feels so out of place XD

He's such an un-keeper of the moon keeper of the moon. Half the time I'm playing as him his natural reaction when expected to stand still (He hangs out with one of my friends characters) is to jump around the poor Elezen XD

A Final Fantasy XIV Roleplay
159written posts
dsboywonder25earned bits
offlinecurrently
dsboywonder25
dsboywonder25 Avatar
Then there's the time that my friend was like "Follow me!"

ME: -follows-

Friends Elezen: -runs into wall-
friend: -had got distracted killing a mosquito (couldn't see-)

Ta'vren: -runs into same wall-

Friend: ..... you ... didn't just run into the same wall I did because you were following me

me: .... Ta'vren wanted to climb the wall!

159written posts
dsboywonder25earned bits
offlinecurrently
dsboywonder25
dsboywonder25 Avatar
iota Avatar
LMFAO. Too cute. I'm guessing you guys RP on FFXIV. A friend of mine and I recently joined Mateus to RP as well (because Cactuar really doesn't :| ). It's at a standstill atm cuz my sub ran out (but it was fun and am looking forward to continuing xD)

We semi roleplay - we're both on Zodiark because I'm EU and they had an alt on Zodiark so xD

But I also play Ta'vren on my ffxiv forum as well

But yes I'm very new to the game so I take 'follow me' literally

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
SPIRELE Avatar
eliza Avatar
will i get kill if i double post in this thread? yeet im do it anyways

i've actually grown to be pretty uncomfortable rping. like, in general.

i don't really know how this happened. i don't think i changed that much, and i don't think my environment changed all that much. maybe i just took notice of what was always there. i just really hate feeling like i'm forcing characters, or ideas on people. my actual interests are largely in playing really fucked up characters. not like, "i have daddy issues", characters - get outta town, - like, "i may look normal, but i long for nothing more than to dig one of your eyeballs out of your skull and eat it in front of you" fucked up. that, or to really be involved with the ongoing political tension of a scenario. it always feels like even the most ostensibly political rps are really just backdrops for fluff romance. had a dime for every one of those, i could buy... i dunno. a nice book, i guess.

i feel like those sorts of things are all people are really looking for. that, or a snarky sibling maybe. and i just don't care to provide those things. i mean, i do appreciate a good romance plot, but those don't come along every tuesday. and i mean, i get it. people don't want their characters to be killed etc., whether by other players or events. but i really do. i want a single wrong move to leave my character lying in an alley with a bullet in the back of their head.

so what am i doing trying to foist such plots on people who signed up for coffee dates and love triangles? embarrassing myself, primarily.

i dunno. i'm probably overthinking shit. just felt the need to write this out.
these are definitely hard to find these days. idk if our niche is small but i definitely feel you. not so much the i wanna KILL KILL KILL thing but the political tension that can happen in RP. bunch of council members as canon? u best bet i'm going to thread w/ every single person on site under our affiliation and try to win them over. then when i oust ur ass I'LL BECOME DICTATOR BY POPULAR VOTE (just because i threaded and connected / persuaded other characters).

only problem is that to do that i have to pigeon hole myself to a certain archetype and go from there.

yespls.
I struggle with this myself a lot too- I'm not really here for fluff I'm here for a story. Sometimes the story is happy and fluffy if that's what I want but not always. I have characters I play in multiple different ways and some variants are specifically designed for an unsavory end. Even when i find a site that's supposed to be about that kind of thing it never feels like i can comfortably play it out....

sometimes i feel like i need to put a wanted ad out not for characters- but for like minded rpers

pronounsHe/Him/His
1,103written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
honestly, i've been feeling Riverdale so much that it's high-key made me want to appreciate slice-of-life a little more, and i'm not talking about the romanctic-kissy-kissy shit. gimme that cold-blooded murder mystery, drama every gahtdamn season one after another storyline. and, honestly, maybe a pinch of The Originals/Vampire Diaries/Legacies, with a mix of the chilling adventures of sabrina? Mix that supernatural/slice-of-life-we-got-a-new-problem-and-we-have-to-fucking-solve-it-again-even-though-we-just-finished-one-problem-sort-of-vampire-diaries-and-the-originals-kind-of-situation.

i'm just ready for the superhero era to end. gimme my supernatural/riverdale-slice-of-life-mystery fun.

pronounsShe/Her
424written posts
luxearned bits
offlinecurrently
lux
lux Avatar
But I'm a sunflower, a little funny
light Avatar
honestly, i've been feeling Riverdale so much that it's high-key made me want to appreciate slice-of-life a little more, and i'm not talking about the romanctic-kissy-kissy shit. gimme that cold-blooded murder mystery, drama every gahtdamn season one after another storyline. and, honestly, maybe a pinch of The Originals/Vampire Diaries/Legacies, with a mix of the chilling adventures of sabrina? Mix that supernatural/slice-of-life-we-got-a-new-problem-and-we-have-to-fucking-solve-it-again-even-though-we-just-finished-one-problem-sort-of-vampire-diaries-and-the-originals-kind-of-situation.

i'm just ready for the superhero era to end. gimme my supernatural/riverdale-slice-of-life-mystery fun.

YAAAAAAAS RIVERDALE
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW