write a reply

Post a Random Thought

pronounsno preference /o/
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
perhaps i am faint glimmer —
a classic kura move: printing a handout out a week before i need it, then promptly losing it some time in between and stressing out about where it when/how will i print out a new one at the midnight before class.

oh yeah class is at the hellish hour of 830 am so i can't just run somewhere in the morning to print

wheezes school is hard

update: i found it. it was in my bag all along annd i panicked over nothing. another classic kura move
last edit on Sept 4, 2018 6:10:08 GMT by k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
Crownautic Avatar

im serious tho, i feel like im crying a waterfall greater than iguazu falls ; A ; 
honestly i keep debating doing a whole bunch of jcink tutorials. i just. don't know where to start and what people would want tbeh.

tl;dr if y'all tell me what you'd like me to tutorial for jcink, if i know how, i can and will do it tbeh

I'm super late, but if you're not sure where to start then starting with setup, basic tips, or just things that you wish you knew when you were getting started seem like good places to start! I'd personally love to see some basic admin guides, whether it be admining in general or host specific stuff. \o/
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Kitten4u Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
honestly i keep debating doing a whole bunch of jcink tutorials. i just. don't know where to start and what people would want tbeh.

tl;dr if y'all tell me what you'd like me to tutorial for jcink, if i know how, i can and will do it tbeh
I'm super late, but if you're not sure where to start then starting with setup, basic tips, or just things that you wish you knew when you were getting started seem like good places to start! I'd personally love to see some basic admin guides, whether it be admining in general or host specific stuff. \o/

The guide I would like to see the most from both a proboards coder and a jcink coder is an indepth guide on specific ID's that are native to the host. I.E the div class/id's that are already part of the structure that you can technically manipulate but never think of. Like categories and forums and profile id's, search page id's, etc. 

Another example: When I was creating my current skin for Victory, I wanted the avatar's to show in the footer for who is online. I easily got that to work, but I couldn't appropriately get it to hotlink to the players profile until Leap helped me by giving me the needed ID.

$[online_user.href]">$[online_user.avatar_small]{if $[online_user.invisible]}

^^^ THIS crap doesn't come with a handbook that is easy to read and written specifically for a proboard and jcink skinner pov.

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
nova winchester. Avatar
Kitten4u Avatar

The guide I would like to see the most from both a proboards coder and a jcink coder is an indepth guide on specific ID's that are native to the host. I.E the div class/id's that are already part of the structure that you can technically manipulate but never think of. Like categories and forums and profile id's, search page id's, etc. 

Another example: When I was creating my current skin for Victory, I wanted the avatar's to show in the footer for who is online. I easily got that to work, but I couldn't appropriately get it to hotlink to the players profile until Leap helped me by giving me the needed ID.

$[online_user.href]">$[online_user.avatar_small]{if $[online_user.invisible]}

^^^ THIS crap doesn't come with a handbook that is easy to read and written specifically for a proboard and jcink skinner pov.

Jcink actually does a decent job documenting their stuff (or if you were looking for variables). I wish Proboards documented their advanced features better but they are unfortunately pretty bad about it. :< I was thinking about writing up something for this (both the css and variables), but it'll probably take awhile just because Proboards has so much of it. Documenting some of Proboards' features is definitely on my radar though. \o/ I just have a billion other projects to sort through right now.
Any way the Wind Blows...
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
nova winchester. Avatar
Confession: I have not seen Voltron: Legendary Defender yet.... Another Confession: I am about to start binge-ing it
You're in for a treat. AND A VERY VERY WILD RIDE.

Have tissue.

last edit on Sept 4, 2018 8:51:02 GMT by Scaramouche
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW