659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?
nova winchester. Avatar
I am trying to incorperate more patterns into my templates, and I want to find something floral. Like lilies. Someone halp

last edit on Sept 27, 2018 8:44:58 GMT by valka
if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
valka Avatar
nova winchester. Avatar
I am trying to incorperate more patterns into my templates, and I want to find something floral. Like lilies. Someone halp

GASP thats pretty! ill have to incorporate that into some light colored templates. Thank you !
106written posts
apathyearned bits
offlinecurrently
apathy
apathy Avatar
a group of people (that i don't even know from fb) wanting to play dnd approached me about being their DM for a roll20 game, and said they were 'really excited to play' so i say yeah!

meanwhile, i'm over here pulling teeth for three of them to sit down with me and make their characters. the other two i had to @ their names like 2-3 times in FB chat just to get a time for them to do this with me.

like... you told me you were motivated to play so why am i the ONLY person in this group putting effort. ESPECIALLY after i have to build all this shit in the roll20 website, create the stats and personalities and voices, AND i have to organize their entire friend groups motivation?

tf
last edit on Sept 27, 2018 13:54:35 GMT by apathy
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,368written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
why is the thought of trying so terrifying?

is it because i've been burned before? because i'm so picky on what i want now? because i'm afraid of finding that i don't belong? because i don't know if i have the strength to try to re-establish myself all over again after so long and losing out on any advantage whatsoever?

why is the thought of trying to find somewhere new to call home so terrifying to me?

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
why is the thought of trying so terrifying?

is it because i've been burned before? because i'm so picky on what i want now? because i'm afraid of finding that i don't belong? because i don't know if i have the strength to try to re-establish myself all over again after so long and losing out on any advantage whatsoever?

why is the thought of trying to find somewhere new to call home so terrifying to me?
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I wonder if threading would become more organic if we didn't know anything about the other character. No looking at their application or anything like that, just tossing and going and seeing what happens.

This isn't to say ignore the other roleplayer, I think this works better if you know them and know how to match their strengths/weaknesses as a writer, but I feel like a lot more variety and play can happen if you don't plan too many details and just let yourself be surprised by facts about the character, like, holy shit this tiny guy is a world class pianist? Wow, I didn't know that, because I didn't know that meta knowledge!

Weird shower thoughts with Murdoc 2k18
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
murdoc Avatar
I wonder if threading would become more organic if we didn't know anything about the other character. No looking at their application or anything like that, just tossing and going and seeing what happens.

This isn't to say ignore the other roleplayer, I think this works better if you know them and know how to match their strengths/weaknesses as a writer, but I feel like a lot more variety and play can happen if you don't plan too many details and just let yourself be surprised by facts about the character, like, holy shit this tiny guy is a world class pianist? Wow, I didn't know that, because I didn't know that meta knowledge!

I'm a believer in keeping some information secret, this is why I have a section for secrets on all my site's character sheets where only admins can see what's put there, but as long as the forum format is reliant on people using their own initiative to make things happen and not that of a GM or the like, I think it's important to have something visible. Finding a starting point is already hard. Finding a starting point when you don't know anything at all will just make it harder. At least by having a rough sketch of the personality and maybe a few hobbies listed there's enough for some commonality to be found so the starting point isn't quite so terrible.

People that ask for every little thing about a character in a character sheet are silly though.
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
murdoc Avatar

to this day, one of the people i admire the most always did this. we were all kids on a battle site and everyone would spend hours looking at profiles to study each other's weaknesses and try to get as close as possible to winning w/o directly meta gaming. she still whooped everyone's ass. 2007 was a good time.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW