aliasraisin
pronounsshur
87written posts
reisenearned bits
offlinecurrently
reisen
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
reisen Avatar
I suppose a question is; how minimalistic can apps get while also still holding a "major" canon position?

In addition, are there any expectations hoisted upon the people in - what we'll call them - weighted roles? In many sites I've seen, people will snap up a position for the inherent power or maneuverability, and then squat there, doing their bare minimum of activity.
aliaszomb
138written posts
Kayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kay
Kay Avatar
reisen Avatar
I suppose a question is; how minimalistic can apps get while also still holding a "major" canon position?

So our applications are divided into four parts; the first two parts require mandatory information which consists fields like name, age, monikers, occupation, residency and then bits like training, abilities and inventory. The next two parts are freefrom where you can either write paragraphs or pointers that can be expanded on as you play your character, or use our site's available codes (or your own codes) to toss in a slider for personality or even a timeline. A canon character may require some backstory in their app for their families or factions to go off of. This can be bare at first but can be elaborated on later as a faction expands.

reisen Avatar
In addition, are there any expectations hoisted upon the people in - what we'll call them - weighted roles? In many sites I've seen, people will snap up a position for the inherent power or maneuverability, and then squat there, doing their bare minimum of activity.

Yes! We have a few rules and terms when playing major canons. This is an extract from our canon page:

Canons are characters necessary to help move stories and subplots on AWF. Playing a canon does not mean the story revolves around them, but rather, have more responsibilities, with every action and reaction possibility impacting the story. Before playing a canon, please keep these points in mind:

01.Canons who are part of factions or families are expected to communicate and discuss the lore set by the players of pre-existing canons. This means that if you wish to play the Castellane Heir Apparent and most positions have been taken, you are expected to discuss with the players of House Castellane to ensure the background and lore match.

02.Canons are expected to RP or plot with as many people as they can (within their limits) as they do help the plot progress. Of course, please do not overburden yourself. Being active is all we ask for.

03.Unlike regular characters, canons are required to submit two posts for the monthly activity check.

Additionally, each player can only play one major canon but can play as many minor canons as they can handle.