write a reply

Passing the Ball Just Right

pronounsshe/her
328written posts
Mizoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mizo
Mizo Avatar
If you are reading this, I am beautiful.
1. Simple-- I really appreciate posts that get straight to the thick of things. While I love some prose every now and then, I often feel pressured to match word count and if my partner is giving me 600-1000 words per post, it just means I'm taking more time to respond. I have RPed with someone before whose writing is incredibly concise and well-written. I appreciate that a lot.

2. Focused-- Ideally, the posts should be focused on what is going on and not just on the character's inner monologue. I feel lost as to how to respond if there's no follow-up action on their end.

3. Not controlling/flexible-- It's difficult for me to write with people that have very strong and set expectations on how my characters should be acting. If I'm being told that xxx is going to happen to my character or my character should be doing xxx, I'll lose a bit of my will to write back since it feels like they should just write my character for me.

4. Clear goals-- I don't do well with threads that are first-time meetings & wing it. This one is 5050 since there are people that enjoy it, and I can definitely do it, but it's not for me. If it's their first time meeting, I need there to clearly have something going on for them to do.

5. Pre-established relationships-- I love jumping into the thick of things. That means I particularly enjoy writing with characters that already know mine or there are prior discussions on what our character's dynamics/history is like. I think that's lovely to think about and it provides me a good structure to keep in mind as I write.

At the end of the day, there are rpers that are more picky (like me) & there are rpers that are more on the go. I have busy periods so sites that are very demanding on activity or rpers that get unhappy & snippy at me for not replying are just not for me. I am happy with considerate reminders or open communications though! Totally okay with being poked or asked to respond/prioritize threads as well, since I'm forgetful. It's all about respecting boundaries and being understanding.

[googlefont=Karla]
last edit on Aug 25, 2023 7:00:01 GMT by Mizo