Forum Plotting vs Discord Plotting

pronounsshe/her
179written posts
hellsyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?
Discord.  I like to ramble, sometimes even in just summarizing shit your characters are doing will inspire something and it's easier to be like OH wait I see this thing you're doing, this is what I'm doing what if --c razy thought -- we try this??  I'm more likely to toss out a plot I'm not sure about but think might be fun through DMs than I am if we're public server, or I have to formally write something in a post because I'll think on it too long and I'll overthink it. LOL 

I think the back and forth flow has potential to give in to something great. 

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
725written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
I can plot anywhere, frankly the platform doesnโ€™t matter to me as much as the quality of said plotting is. That being said, I suck ass at updating my on forum shippers, and find people seldom look at mine anyway; so more often than not it feels like a waste of time. I often am the one who initiates plotting because of this (which I donโ€™t mind) but find that itโ€™s usually easier to just drop a DM in discord. Iโ€™ll be the first to admit that I primarily have shifted to plotting on discord, simply for the convenience. I like being able to go back and reference our dms later, whether this is in PMs on discord or on site, I donโ€™t really care. That being said, I like having a solid plan for plots. I like knowing where a plot is probably going to go, or what my characterโ€™s dynamic with another is going to look like. It makes it easier for me to write, but more importantly it gives me something to be excited about. 

Iโ€™ll rp on forum or on discord, I do both often. That being said, if I had to pick, I prefer forum rp obviously. It takes a bit longer to do, but it satisfies an itch of being able to go and physically look at a thread between characters than a chat history.