write a reply

PURGATORIO / interest check (SMT/Persona Inspired)

pronounsshe/her
11written posts
safiearned bits
offlinecurrently
safi
safi Avatar
god is in his heaven; all is right with the world
do not fear what you are about to suffer, behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you shall have tribulation, be faithful onto death, and i shall give you the crown of life

>โ€œMidway upon the journey of our life I found myself within a forest dark, For the straightforward pathway had been lost. Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say What was this forest savage, rough, and stern, Which in the very thought renews the fear. So bitter is it, death is little more; But of the good to treat, which there I found, Speak will I of the other things I saw there.โ€

In the last year, you woke up in a town that you had never been before, surrounded for miles and miles by fine crystalline sand that shimmered under the sunlight. This town is the settlement that is known as Purgatory, the city at the end of existence, and has become the last bastion for humanity after the Rapture. It is a city that is seemingly a blend of traditional housing from various cultures mixed alongside modern convivences of electricity, plumbing and a feeling of the old and the new smashed together.

People do not age. People do not thirst or hunger. People cannot die - people can feel pain and be hurt, but they can never die. People can never be born. Despite speaking their own individual languages, everybody can understand each other's words perfectly. The sun and moon are both constantly in the sky, with one side caught in the bright hot haze of a midsummer's day and the other caught in the tranquillity of a brisk midwinter night, streets dusted with snow. The wind never howls. The rain never falls. There is never a cloud in the sky.

Despite appearing finite, one will quickly find if they try to leave Purgatory in any way they will continue to walk through endless mismatched streets. If you wish to go somewhere specific, you will always be no more than a five minute walk away. Purgatory does not obey the traditional laws of space and time - but rest assured, gravity, inertia - these forces are still very much at play. After all, this is not a dream nor is it the afterlife.

There is only one exit from the city of Purgatory - to the Labyrinth at the End of Existence, Tartarus. At it's heart, the power to recreate the world in the victor's very own image, and inherit the power of the gods to begin anew.

Hello! This is a very quick interest check for a product of brainrot that my or not happen. It has been a long time since I have even considered putting myself in roleplaying staffing position lol. This will take inspiration from Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, as well as the Book of Revelations and The Divine Comedy, a mix of ancient and modern achievements of humanity, myths and legends. The site will be focused around the goal of reaching the bottom of the Labyrinth at the End of Existence, known as Tartarus, in order to claim the prize at the bottom - one person or group will be able to claim the Fruit of Knowledge that when eaten, will conclude the Rapture and allow the creation of a new world that is governed by victors who eat the fruit.

The roleplay itself will focus around adventuring into Tartarus, forming bonds with other players and characters, developing Personas and building them through acquiring new skills, new passives, increasing stats all through items that are received from completing quests within Tartarus. It will also incorporate light TTRPG mechanics, but will not have a traditional leveling system. I plan to try to implement a crafting system. There will be no factions unless the players choose to create factions, but there will be NPCs in the form of angels and devils that can offer the players various boons, as well as advice on how to proceed.

Please leave a note if you're interested, if not, please have a nice day <3

last edit on Feb 12, 2024 15:50:02 GMT by safi
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
onlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
add the regression tag Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
Heck yeah! Friendship and pokemon demons, my favorite! Definitely will be hopping in!
pronounsshe/her
11written posts
safiearned bits
offlinecurrently
safi
safi Avatar
god is in his heaven; all is right with the world
omg i actually can't believe this is actually getting interest!!!

i've been hard at work regardless i got hit by the "must do things" bug to ignore the job im paid to do but here's a teaser with things subject to change.