Admin favourites

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

I love when someone makes a good character. I mean like the characters that are well-developed, but still have bounts of room to grow and change. Like you can feel it in your bones, and they just have so much depth and layers and are portrayed beautifully.

That, and I love reading/seeing all the various characters/applications that people come up with. All the creativity and hope and desire to write them, and all the love and planning and kneading that goes into applying for them. I love seeing all the different and diverse characters that help make up the world, and being able to review them.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,774written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
When members can answer questions on the staff's behalf when we are away, and tag when they are unaware of the answer. My staff and I all, unfortunately, have extremely close time zones, making it difficult for us to be online during the evenings, thus I tend to appreciate members who help new members find their way around the site on our behalf. Naturally, I mean this in a positive light where they only answer questions they know the answer too and are willing to tag the appropriate staff should it be required. These are also the ones who step down once they notice a staff member present to provide answers. As stated, for myself this is extremely helpful on account of conflicting time zones, thus my reasoning for appreciating it.

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven ☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven ☆
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven ☆ Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
- helpful memberbase who can cover staff-related questions when I'm away (honestly the one bane of living in Asia but all your members are scattered around the world is the TIME AREAS, I swear)

- posting! for! everyone! *insert Oprah bee gif here*

- when they like the site changes you implemented (that you spent weeks, nay, MONTHS orking on with blood / sweat / tears / screaming at the RNG)

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
When people volunteer and are excited to run small story lines for other members.

I always feel squirrely about including my own characters in scenarios and threads I DM for, so I love when I can just pop in and be like 'yay nobody can accuse me of metagaming because I have no idea what's going on' and I don't have to intentionally do the wrong thing to make it obvious I'm not doing it and can just kinda do the plot.

That being said, I'm legitimately terrible at mysteries and puzzles so it won't even be me intentionally doing it badly. It's just me being bad at them.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,774written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I love welcoming new members. I may have said this before, but I absolutely adore it! Providing people a proper welcoming always feels incredible to me, especially if they give compliments towards the community being friendly. Makes me feel like I am doing a good job welcoming everyone.

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,774written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Okay, seriously? Why are there not more posts here?! ;-;

When members return to the site and get themselves organized by re-reading information, reactivating plots and generally returning in a responsible manner. In general, I do love members returning, but there is something extra special about it when they continue to place effort into being apart of a site. I don’t mind helping people one bit (I am an admin, so it is my job c:), but knowing that someone is genuinely trying instead of expecting staff to inform them of every single new occurrence (despite the existence of announcements) is incredible and a major relief.

Admin favourites written May 2, 2019 7:41:31 GMT via mobile
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
got my money on my mind and my mind on my money
When a new member comes in and reads all my site info to the point of picking out grammar or spelling errors in obsure places. Bless you person for even taking the time to carefully read all my stuff! ;~;
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,774written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
When members provide suggestions to my staff and me so that we can add them to the site. Really just makes site-building feel like a pleasant group activity for everybody to enjoy.

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,774written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Members or guests who ask questions and inform staff if certain sections of information are not concise enough or thorough. Honestly, love it when this happens, gives me the chance to spruce up the information and assure there will be no future confusion. People giving their opinions on these topics helps with assuring the site will be easily understood by future and present members. So thanks a million for whoever does this!

Admin favourites written Jun 13, 2019 9:59:41 GMT via mobile
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
got my money on my mind and my mind on my money
In any group I run I like to keep a venting space open. I usually regret it cause it’s always the source of stress for staff but it also makes it easier cause if I didn’t have it, all that mess would be scattered about and more stressful to manage. But that’s not my point.

My point is when a person who tends to ruffle up people’s feathers on the vent channels ends up getting venting buddy out of my other members. The way they manage to keep the conversation relatively tasteful while also tiring out the ruffler to a healthy end is some greeeaaat shit. I’m like left feeling proud for my ruffler for not starting shit and at the other member for being able to drive that convo further while keeping it down to earth.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,774written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Cleaned affiliates, it brings me such joy to finally clean them up and make them look pretty again. Now we will see how long it will take until I thoroughly clean them again and put all the open slots at the end. ^^'

When my staff/members remind me I am a real person with life issues and understand any absences. ;-; I tend to forget I do not live and breath role-play, so these helpful reminders and complete understanding is pure bliss. <3

When the community so chill we practically all adopt the phrase "No worries, take your time" and "It's fine, we'll be here when you come back." It is just a really heartwarming thing to see, especially since this is what I wanted from a community. Nice, laid back and genuinely makes role-play feel like a hobby.

pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
When my members make fun of my over excitement for threads/plots/events... I just love being made fun of XD they work so well as a team. [They even teased how I didn't have enough events...]
in my defense it takes everybody 6 months to complete 1 Event thread.....

When you're admitting an addiction to Roleplaying and Site building Process growing happiness to release a new site.. Only for them to be "You're going to keep working on this Site. You Have to. Don't you dare quit" Lol I love these guys.
last edit on Jun 24, 2019 1:07:12 GMT by Ginger
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,774written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Being able to comfortably say all applications usually get a response within 24 hours of completion. Acceptance or assistance, I just adore that my staff team and I are capable of accomplishing this. People joining our community is magnificent, thus why we are determined to try and complete these readings and give feedback before 24 hours has hit. Although, with how much of a mother hen I am over my site, it might be more like 12 hours. lmao

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
When events explode and shit moves fast enough to where I'm the one having trouble keeping up.

7 people all posting within 48h in the same thread is UNHEARD OF for me in previous sites, and I'm fucking glad they're biting so hard and making running events a breeze and making my projections for how long the events would last out of the water. I have literally never seen events being blown through so fast, and it's only my compulsive need to prewrite shit that has made sure I haven't dragged it.