coffee break...
aliasGasker
pronounsany
128written posts
Togaskoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Togasko
Togasko Avatar
This is a weird interest check. But I cant help but wonder if there'd be any interest in something completely or more different than the norm when it comes to an rp setting. I had been thinking about this on and off a bit over the past god knows how long. And this today I decided to share this little nugget.

Instead of a whole world to rp in, or a city, or as small as a town or village. What about a setting like a large apartment complex? A tall and large apartment complex with good sized apartments and maybe a roof yard, a garden on the ground. A lobby area. ect ect. It would be a slice of life type of thing maybe or like a "Nexus' type thing where theres all sorts of species other than humans? I do know there'd be like events and activities that would be possible to do for a group of floors to the whole building.

There'd also be opportunities to leave the apartment to go to other places in the main city that this building would be in. But its main focus would be the large apartment complex/building and its surrounding property.
last edit on Nov 23, 2018 16:23:37 GMT by Togasko
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
Man I think you legit just hit on that one specific itch I've been having that I haven't been able to place? I lived in an apartment complex one with like 5 people I know super well around me and the rest of the tenants were all equally WEIRD, and it was probably the most sitcom my life ever was. 10/10 would do it again.

So like needless to say I LIKE IT. I'm kind of partial to there being species other than humans mixed in, but just humans would also work hehe :D
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
283written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark
I dig it! Letting there be a mix of races is my vote, even if in a secret 'oops, don't let the humans know' way. 

In fact, especially that way if people would let their characters stick to that and explain very clearly supernatural things with increasingly convoluted excuses to the human roommates or neighbors. 

I know a "hidden" supernatural society is somewhat over done now a days and everything, but I've never seen people play it straight and actually try to keep it hidden from human characters.
83written posts
tieflingearned bits
offlinecurrently
tiefling
tiefling Avatar
There was a site awhile back that was running off this concept and was pretty popular, though I never ended up joining due to Life(tm). There was elements of games like Unholy Heights, where it's an apartment block for monsters, and you have to defend it from those pesky Heroes coming to slay the skeletons and other monsters.

I'd like to see a sort of weird blend of modern and magic, in playing the 'staying secret from humans' bit straight faced but also shenanigans and bending over backwards to keep the human visitors and staff and potential residents? unaware that their apartment complex is a magical nexus. Style it like one of those super green/ecofriendly buildings, build it around a small park, sprinkle in a bunch of 'bigger on the inside' areas and have a bunch of weird rumours about how the place is haunted or full of cryptids (cue the local mothman sweating nervously and trying to set it up so thrill seekers find a convenient mundane explanation for things).
coffee break...
aliasGasker
pronounsany
128written posts
Togaskoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Togasko
Togasko Avatar
Well. Since I already have 2 other projects in the works, whats a third? I've decided to put this idea into action and see where it goes.

I've put up a poll on my very first post because I cant decide on a name. Gimmie your votes plz!

Edit:

I was also looking up some stuff, mostly for coming up with names. And came across this neat thing that im gonna be using. Bit of info on the building itself!

So the apartment setting itself as a building is going to be taking up an entire city block. Eight stories with 348 units to "Rent" ranging from studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments.
last edit on Nov 23, 2018 16:28:07 GMT by Togasko
Army-Crushing Star
pronounsSey/Sem
274written posts
Benetnaschearned bits
offlinecurrently
Benetnasch
Benetnasch Avatar
All my attempts to rp end in failure, so now I'm a solo act.
Reminds me of smth I was on ages ago. Was was a mix of Tiny Tower and Unholy Heights. I like the idea of focusing less on the business aspect, however. Especially if we can mix non-humans w/ humans, where the former is actively trying to blend in, like Kapp suggested. I can go either way, but I'd prefer not to be a mundane human if given the option.