write a reply

Roleplaying Quirks

pronounsHe/him
7written posts
rubixearned bits
offlinecurrently
rubix
rubix Avatar
- My characters tend to have certain phrases they use a lot, and if I'm rusty on them, I'll use the phrase to get into character. 'Bah' is one. 'Oh please / As if ' is another. 'I do believe' is a third. And one uses reckon every three sentences.

- I can't use the FC of a character I know. I've purposefully not watched certain anime (tiger & bunny) to avoid the issue of knowing what the character is actually like.

- I really like playing alternative view points when it comes to site issues, especially if that issue isn't currently being commented on by other characters.

- I have an annoying habit of having my characters look, frown, stare, gaze, as if the eyes are the only thing that exist and there's no other way to express body language. I need to work on it xD
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,705written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
All my posts are plain af. They read less like story sometimes and more like someone broadly explaining what someone else is doing.

Also, I dislike starting a new paragraph with the same word I started the one before it with.
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
making my post sound more threatening w/ the flavor text + narrative speaking while the actions and dialogue is tame.

i.e.:

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. The putrid smell of her sweetness is masked by his matching politeness. โ€œGood morning,โ€ he nods, secretly strumming his inner turmoil. He holds the door for her to come in, contemplating ramming her head right into it. One concussion is all it would take for him to rip her apart.

Instead, he breaths in the scent of their coffee date. Starbucks, if his memory serves correctly.

take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
the phrase... "there's a" as a way to start my descriptions off (idk if this makes sense) but basically:

"there's a narrowing of her eyes"

"there's the sound of a bone breaking"

"there's the gentle sway of his hips"

last edit on Apr 24, 2021 5:45:16 GMT by cae
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,705written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
My whole reply process.

I write all my replies in Grammarly and then post them on my test site inside their templates. Why? Because for whatever reason, I'm hyper-focused on making sure they look aesthetically pleasing inside the template. It's 100% why it can take me like 2 or 3 hours to post sometimes. I complained about it to myself every time but low-key, I like it.

I should say that while I'm writing on Grammarly - I'm editing and being beyond picky about the words I use. I'll write a sentence or sentences describing the same thing like 5-6 times at points. Super draining at times, and I never end up really satisfied. But damn, do I enjoy it.
pronounsany
297written posts
flareearned bits
offlinecurrently
flare
flare Avatar
rp is supposed to be fun, remember
Some of my posts still read like my attempts at my dissertation rather than stories, so much that I feel the need to go back and add more "character" to them. Years of break does it to someone I guess, but it certainly makes me feel super insecure at time.
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
704written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
hyperbole, war crimes against english grammar and the oxford comma, as well as a notorious amount of em-dashes

also i tend to hate reusing certain words in paragraphs or more, particularly if they're a "large" (see: multi-syllabic) word like, hypothetically, "admission" or "possibility" or "avoidance". i'm not joking when i say i have a tab open purely just to google synonyms whenever i have to write something.

coming soon.
aliasNova
pronounsShe/her
159written posts
Novaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Nova
Nova Avatar
Reviving cuz Iโ€™m curious :eyes:

I usually write my replies starting with the dialogue or the ending first, and work my way back to the beginning. Then I read it through start to finish, edit it to flow better, and then post. Unless itโ€™s a starter (so nothing to reply to), I find it really hard to write straight start to finish.

I like thinking of how my character responds to someoneโ€™s dialogue immediately after reading it, so I like to write that down first and then work around it, usually writing the reply to the end before backtracking to the beginning.

It sounds v disjointed but I like to think my posts make sense lol. I do read through it straight to finish so it's cohesive, it's just that I can't imagine beginning a reply without the chaotic jumping anymore. Some advice an old writer friend gave me was โ€œwrite what you want to write, if you want to start at the end, go for itโ€ and I live by that personally.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,136written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I did not know this thread existed and boy oh boy do I have that thing I do. Yikes.

I will read sections of a reply at a time and start writing a reply, only to have to delete like half of it because it's been addressed in the second part of the post I haven't read yet. Whoops. I really should learn to read a whole reply first before I start replying to it, but no.

Also, I have weird dyslexia that likes to flip flop whole sentences instead of just letters or single words, so I've 100% read the same sentence like 3 times and misread everything all the time and am like. Oh. Wait a second. That's not what happened okay. I often have to rewrite all the things because I am not smart lolol.

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW