lancelot Avatar
i (try to) draw
[nospaces]
[attr="class","infosheet"]

[attr="class","infosheetside"]

INFORMATION

PREMISE

[attr="class","infosheetbody"]

The Government of Cera has recently proclaimed Council Decree No. 174, otherwise known as the “Blockade Mandate,” ordering the mass arrest of suspected walkers: individuals who have crossed the Gates to travel through multiple dimensions and gained supernatural powers. After several confirmed reports of anomalies caused by the use of these abilities, authorities have finally considered these individuals who can control and alter reality as a threat to humanity. Unbeknownst to many, the Gates, which have been the source of the walkers’ extraordinary energy, are the consequences of the government’s attempt to search and investigate for the legendary tree, Yggdrasil.[break][break]

To whatever reason, no one truly knows.[break][break]

The GATEKEEPERS is a dark animanga sci-fi roleplay inspired by several media including the Stranger Things, MCU, Bungou Stray Dogs, among others, as well as integrating concepts of magic, secret organizations, and myths. This is a plot-based, member-driven site where the site plot develops with its characters.

SITE NOTES

CURRENT UPDATES

• The story is set in the CITY OF CERA, a place synonymous to glory and fame in the West Frontier. Cera is an image of burgeoning skylines against neon-colored night skies. It has been the haven for all socialites, personalities, influencers, artists, and the most elite section of society.[break][break]
  • On its literal underground, the SEWERS serve as the gateway to Cug, otherwise known as the CERA UNDERGROUND: the refuge of everyone else. Cug preserves the image if what Cera was once—a provincial small town that depended on quarrying and logging to survive, except for the mines and forests that are replaced with junks and trashes from the Skyline (Cera upperground). Because of its closer connection with the earth, the first Gates to have existed in the city has been found in Cug.[break][break]
  • In this world, there is no magic. However, people can control and alter realities if they are imbued with the energy of other dimensions. WALKERS, as they are called, are individuals who have crossed dimensions back and forth and gained supernatural abilities. These powers vary from what dimension they have crossed, and a person can only know what powers they gained once they got out of it. These dimensional energies exhaust in time but individuals who have KEYS can always channel dimensional energies and utilize them.[break][break]
  • The GATEKEEPERS' GUILD is a secret organization that has predated even the City of Cera itself. They are tasked to locate the existence of the Gates and prevent humanity from exploiting its existence. Their objective is to recruit fellow walkers into their group and teach them the ways of the Gatekeepers. In the advent of the Blockade Mandate, the Gatekeepers have been in full swing in finding all other walkers to protect them imminent dangers and threats.[break][break]
  • It is no surprise among the members of the government that Cera is locating all existing Gates and experimenting on opening new ones. The public does not know this, and those who know have no idea what the Council is up to. Their search for the legendary tree of YGGDRASIL has something to do with opening the Gates, but no clear connection has been made.

MISC. NOTES

[break][break]

This is still, pretty much, an interest check. But the idea is somewhat solid and I'm just hoping if others are willing to be part of this as well.[break][break]

I am thinking of making two factions (government & gatekeepers), each with their own goals and objectives that are somewhat contradictory of each other. There will be leveling system (but I hope I don't make it too complicated asjbdkjas). TBH there are a lot of things I haven't wrote yet. I also haven't figured out the system yet for abilities, gates, keys, combat, and the likes. I want to veer off from typical abilities that are "magical" and nature and opt for something more "science-y" (lol does it make sense) but let's see! If you have suggestions I'll be happy to accommodate them.

[googlefont=Fugaz+One:200,400][googlefont=Share+Tech+Mono][googlefont=Work+Sans][googlefont=Belgrano]

[newclass=".infosheet"]--accent_color:linear-gradient(45deg, #3f5efb, #fc466b);--accent_color_border:#ff8629;width:575px; border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetside"]width:100px; background: var(--accent_color); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetside h1"]writing-mode:vertical-rl; font:200 20px/15px Fugaz One; color:#212121!important;display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-align:left; position:absolute; top:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetside h2"]writing-mode:vertical-rl; font:400 35px/30px Fugaz One; color:#212121!important;display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-align:left; position:absolute;top:-5px; right:17px; display:inline-block;[/newclass]

[newclass=".infosheetbody"]width:405px; min-height:125px; font:400 10px/16px Work Sans; color: #e8e4e4; background-color:#212121;text-align:justify;padding:35px;margin-right:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody img"]border:1px solid #2b608f; padding:5px; margin: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h1"]font:25px/20px Fugaz One; background: -webkit-radial-gradient(circle, #3f5efb, #fc466b); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; margin-top: 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h2"]font:400 9px/20px Share Tech Mono; color:#606060; margin-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h3"]font:400 20px/25px Belgrano; color:#ababab; display:block; margin-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h4"]font:400 9px/20px Share Tech Mono; color:#212121; border:1px solid #444444; border-radius:1px; padding: 5px 4px 3px 4px; background: linear-gradient(to right, #fc466b, #3f5efb);display:inline-block; border-radius:3px;letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h5"]padding-top:7px; padding-bottom:7px; border-bottom:1px solid var(--accent_color_border); font:400 12px/18px Fugaz One;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h5 b"]margin-bottom:-10px; font-size:40px; color: #b0daff; display:block;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h5 img"]float:left; border:none; margin:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody b"]font:400 11px/17px Fugaz One; background: -webkit-radial-gradient(circle, #3f5efb, #fc466b); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody a"]font:400 10px/16px Share Tech Mono; background: -webkit-radial-gradient(circle, #3f5efb, #fc466b); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody u"]font:400 11px/17px Fugaz One; background: -webkit-radial-gradient(circle, #3f5efb, #fc466b); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; border-bottom:1px solid #606060; text-decoration: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody i"]color:#b0b0b0;[/newclass]
aliaslance
pronounshe/him
65written posts
lancelotearned bits
offlinecurrently
lancelot
lancelot Avatar
i (try to) draw
[nospaces]
eyyyy thank you for expressing interest! uwu I intend to make a Discord group soon, just to make communications and updates a bit faster so if you guys want to join just tell me! C:
[break][break]

[break][break][break][break]

INFORMATION

UPDATES

PLOT

WEIRD IS COMING

THE WORLD IS LOSING ITS POWER. It is only a matter of time before civilizations crumble at the mercy of nature, depleting all sources of energy for human consumption. It is not until they have discovered an alternative—the power of the dimensions beyond—possessing a seemingly “infinite” source of energy that can sustain the world for eons to come.[break][break]

With the sudden appearance of timespace rifts called Gates, the authorities have taken advantage of these anomalies for humanity’s best interests. Enter CeraLabs, a privately-owned laboratory sponsored by the Cera City government, which has been at the forefront of extra-dimension research. They pioneered the development of new age machines and technologies for everyday functions powered by extra-dimensional energy, also known as EDE. With this, Cera City has progressed dramatically in arts and science, being an economic, cultural, and political superpower in the West Frontier. Unbeknownst to them, a faction within the government has pledged an entirely different path upon EDE’s discovery.[break][break]

As the world depended on the powers of the Gates, more humans have attempted to enter them indiscriminately. The phenomenon gave birth to the walkers—humans who have crossed the gates and possessed otherworldly abilities that helped control and alter reality—skills that are called the Weird. Some used their gifts for good but others exploited them for their own benefit. And as society continues to employ the power of the extra-dimensions, the more the Gates become frequent and the more dangerous they have become.[break][break]

Troubled by the mass unrest, the Cera City Government solved the problem with the proclamation of Council Decree No. 174, ordering the arrest of all suspected walkers. The Gatekeeper’s Guild, a secret organization that has been there for more than three centuries, decides to come out of the shadows to save all the remaining walkers.

SYSTEM

CURRENT UPDATES

• Due to the circumstances of the opening plot, the site will introduce THREE FACTIONS: government, gatekeepers, and civilians. Both the Government and the Gatekeepers have their own—usually contradicting—goals, objectives, and motivations. Players may choose the third faction for their character to explore their own motivations and plot but they will not gain access to faction-exclusive plots and features. As the plot progresses, civilian characters may eventually choose between the two or that there will be additional options.[break][break]
  • Before, it is common to naturally obtain powers by crossing the Gates until they have become unstable and unpredictable. Nowadays, people resort to using KEYS—items made from materials found in the other dimensions that can be used to channel extra-dimensional energy to perform otherwordly abilities the scientists call WEIRD. Keys come in the various forms, from day-to-day items to combat weapons, allowing each and every item to be modified and to reflect its user. Since extra-dimensional energy differs from the realms they come from, the keys will channel distinct abilities depending on which dimension they are found.[break][break]
  • The site's leveling system will be based on TALENTS, a combat mechanics that functions like a class system except that it does not limit a character to a single talent progression. Talents allow a character to base their Weird from it, determining its nature and power in battle. As talents rank up, the character is allowed to create and use more powerful Weird.

MISC

[break][break]

There is still much to write about the lore, the setting, and the systems but there is progress in almost everything now! (I want to tease that I'm making a map of Cera City Upperground and Underground but I just can't show it yet it's still ugley and empty hasjdhas) As soon as I finish working on the write ups, I will put up the site. We can expect a soft launching this at early or mid-July (if lucky!!!). I'll also be making a Discord group soon so if you guys want to be part of the on-going process, feel free to bump me so that I can add you. :>

[googlefont=Fugaz+One:200,400][googlefont=Share+Tech+Mono][googlefont=Work+Sans][googlefont=Belgrano]

[newclass=".infosheet"]--accent_color:linear-gradient(45deg, #3f5efb, #fc466b);--accent_color_border:#ff8629;width:575px; border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetside"]width:100px; background: var(--accent_color); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetside h1"]writing-mode:vertical-rl; font:200 20px/15px Fugaz One; color:#212121!important;display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-align:left; position:absolute; top:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetside h2"]writing-mode:vertical-rl; font:400 35px/30px Fugaz One; color:#212121!important;display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-align:left; position:absolute;top:-5px; right:17px; display:inline-block;[/newclass]

[newclass=".infosheetbody"]width:405px; min-height:125px; font:400 10px/16px Work Sans; color: #e8e4e4; background-color:#212121;text-align:justify;padding:35px;margin-right:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody img"]border:1px solid #2b608f; padding:5px; margin: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h1"]font:25px/20px Fugaz One; background: -webkit-radial-gradient(circle, #3f5efb, #fc466b); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; margin-top: 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h2"]font:400 9px/20px Share Tech Mono; color:#606060; margin-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h3"]font:400 20px/25px Belgrano; color:#ababab; display:block; margin-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h4"]font:400 9px/20px Share Tech Mono; color:#212121; border:1px solid #444444; border-radius:1px; padding: 5px 4px 3px 4px; background: linear-gradient(to right, #fc466b, #3f5efb);display:inline-block; border-radius:3px;letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h5"]padding-top:7px; padding-bottom:7px; border-bottom:1px solid var(--accent_color_border); font:400 12px/18px Fugaz One;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h5 b"]margin-bottom:-10px; font-size:40px; color: #b0daff; display:block;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody h5 img"]float:left; border:none; margin:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody b"]font:400 11px/17px Fugaz One; background: -webkit-radial-gradient(circle, #3f5efb, #fc466b); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody a"]font:400 10px/16px Share Tech Mono; background: -webkit-radial-gradient(circle, #3f5efb, #fc466b); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".infosheetbody u"]font:400 11px/17px Fugaz One; background: -webkit-radial-gradient(circle, #3f5efb, #fc466b); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; border-bottom:1px solid #606060; text-decoration: none;[/newclass]
last edit on Jun 5, 2022 16:19:50 GMT by lancelot
aliaslance
pronounshe/him
65written posts
lancelotearned bits
offlinecurrently
lancelot
lancelot Avatar
i (try to) draw
[nospaces]

INFORMATION

UPDATES

UPDATES

THEY COME IN BULLETS CAUSE THIS BE QUICK

• DISCORD IS UP! So as the site (which I'll be linking in the Discord channel that you can access when you click the ad)! We'll hold the soft opening of Gatekeepers in the weekend so brace yourselves! :eyes: For the mean time, we may discuss things re: mechanics, plot in the discord. And I won't hold you back if you decide to make your characters now too ~[break][break]
  • While we're on soft launch, I will still be posting updates on this thread regarding mechanics and systems that are tweaked up until we officially launch Gatekeepers! Let's work it together :3[break][break]
  • WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO AN OFFICIAL, NEW SKIN FOR OUR SITE !!! (which I may be commissioning from someone or will try to design RAWR but no kidding, really, since i am kind of learning how to code and i want this to be my first personal passion project JHASDHJKA) it may take time before having it (as in im talking about MONTHS) so let's do our best to wait and appreciate the beautiful skin we have uWu (which i kinda butchered to make it fit the style we want for gatekeepers, i hope i did it justice LOLOL)[break][break]
  • TIMELINE AND SETTING ARE FINALLY INCLUDED! you can check them on the guidebook page of the site. you'll notice that the Blockade Mandate is not yet included in the timeline. the reason for it is because we will be having its implementation as part of the site's grand opening. all that has happened during the soft opening are all events leading up to its implementation, so yeah!! let's all appreciate the calm before the storm C:<[break][break]

last edit on Jun 16, 2022 15:33:25 GMT by lancelot