going on a site hunt !

pronounsshe/her
113written posts
mintieeearned bits
offlinecurrently
mintiee
mintiee Avatar
heyloooo !

i've found myself with extra free time and am looking to fill it with a shiny new community!  i'm gonna be totally honest, i'm not completely sure what i'm looking for.  i've been on the same site for about 12-ish years of my life with only a little bit of branching out here and there, so i think i this point, i just want to explore ... everything ... everything under the sun.

how helpful of me ...

• genres i'm into: medieval/fantasy, modern/fantasy, steampunk, post-apocalyptic, powers. probably not ordinary slice of life, and i'd probably stay away from standard sci-fi space shenanigans, too! i MAY be willing to look at panfandom, but i'm also highkey trying to claw my way out of that particular genre. that said ... i can't actually seem to resist my canon rp!!!

• genshin impact rp??? if there's a genshin impact rp out there, i would love to be a part of you!

• but also honestly if you have a site from a genre i didn't mention, feel free to drop it in here, i'm honestly willing to look at most everything!

• smol & close knit. this is a big one for me, whether the site is long established or not! i don't want to feel like i'm drowning in a big community.

• no word count, with a kind attitude toward short posts. i don't always do tiny posts, but i'd like to be free to do it without judgement if i have the itch. <333

• i'm primarily looking for animanga faces since that's what i'm most into right now! i'm interested in faces from genshin impact/mo dao zu shi/sailor moon/etc.  live action won't be a deal breaker, tho!
last edit on Nov 1, 2021 15:32:15 GMT by mintiee

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
heyo !

i know you cautioned about pitching a panfan because you're wanting to branch out (which shiva what a mood), but. as someone who also viciously stalks the panfan landscape, i know how hard it is to find a smaller site, so i figured i'd give it a shot anyway.

lovelorn is a "brand new" (as in we just came out of beta last weekend) fantasy animated panfandom hosted on jcink premium with a soulmate concept + periodic optional story arcs for expanding the setting locations.

we're a semi-private site (largely due to the fact my coadmin and i have busy lives and thus aren't really equipped to deal with a fully public site), which... honestly just works out practically where we don't care if you're advertising want ads or inviting friends, we're just not dropping ads all over the place unless we're doing a limited public registration period (like we are right now). but that policy is why we're so small now (i think we have less than 10 members rn?) and are likely to stay on the smaller side but be a bit more close-knit as a result.

we have a bunch of genshin characters right now both apped + reserved and requested, but we also do allow the option of creating original characters both native to the land or hailing from fandom series (or things that are a bit more "out there" like a human dvalin) with a purchase from the site shop.

honestly i'm just super hyped for the site + where it's gonna be going in the future and i'd love to be able to share that with more people even if i can't do a full traditionally public site asdfjkl-

a-anyway. if this sounds interesting to you or if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me here or via the site discord, and even if you give us a pass, i wish you luck finding a new place to branch out with!

pronounshe/him
732written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Okay so while I am starting a medieval fantasy site, it's probably not going to be open until next year; I'm willing to offer you the discord for that, but I figure I'd pitch the site that's established and won't be going away any time soon.

Ramora Weyr is advertised as a real life site, but we've recently started accepting animanga FCs with the rules being that if your FC has natural hair/eye colors, or you're willing to edit them for that, and the appearance is otherwise not too outlandish for a human-only low-tech setting, you can use an animanga FC. Because we only recently started accepting animanga FCs, we have a lot open. You can find our taken FCs here; we only have a few reserved Genshin FCs, one mzdz FC taken, and none of your other series have any taken.

Ramora is a dragon riders of Pern RPG that requires no fandom knowledge to play in. Pern is a blend between science fiction and medieval fantasy-- while it is scifi space shenanigans, we actually don't do any space travel in our setting and we're very grounded on the planet that was originally colonized (heck, no one ICly knows that humans aren't native to Pern, nor do they know about the history of humanity before the colony was settled). So it plays a lot more like a low fantasy medieval site than a scifi site, with the only remnants of the scifi setting being some slightly more advanced medical techniques and the dragons themselves. There's no magic, but there are psychic dragons in our setting and you can collect them for free serotonin.

The big draw of Pern, of course, is making characters so the admin can match them with custom dragons. We take it to an extreme on Ramora, and we allow a fair amount of member input. We like to make dragons that you as a player would like to play, and if something doesn't work for you, you can tell us at any time.

We are a bigger community (about 35-ish people), but if you ask for threads or connections you will be able to find them. I like to believe we're welcoming, at least. We're also not a very demanding community, so if you come and go, that's also fine by our standards. We're also not judgmental about short posts. We're more than willing to help you get acquainted with the lore, and we'll even direct you to character connections if you're looking for those early on (people might go a little feral, though, you have been warned.)

Here's our site if you wanna check us out.

(If you like canons, we also allow "adaptations" and "inspired by" characters. We have a Raistlin inspired dragon and a Cole Cassidy expy iirc, as well as a few others lying around that I might not remember. So long as your character fits the setting, we don't mind.)

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
668written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Alrighty, I've never really plugged a site in this way before so I hope I sell it okay! Haha~ Well, one of the site's I am on and help staff is a tight-knit and small community. We have posts daily, maybe every few days, and everyone is always ready to plot with new members!

You mentioned wanting a medieval-type RP? This site's based on the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but the world is becoming very much our own. It's definitely a medieval-type setting, with fantasy elements thrown in like magic and monsters! The premise is that as of late, there have been monsters that are coming from another realm called the "Twilight Realm" and our adventurers are the ones to find out why and stop the evil forces from coming through. But you don't need to focus on just that one side of the story! There are other side stories that happen, as well as certain "quests" you can do if you want to do something else. We also accept member-made lore for just about anything, so if you wanted to make your own town, or guild, or what have you, you can~

There's definitely no word count, and no one is a stickler about short posts (in my personal opinion, I LOVE SHORT POSTS, I do best when I rapid-fire them!) or any sort of writing!

The site focuses on animanga FCs, but we allow original art to be used too. And, luckily for you, just about every Genshin FC is open for the taking! ;3

I'm not sure what else to say about us. We've been around for a few years, only ever hitting a lull for a few months. But we intend on sticking around!

If you'd like to pop into the Discord, here's the URL!

And finally, the site's link!

If you have any questions, you can ask me wherever. Either in PM or through Discord (nightbloom#8636) if you'd prefer.

I look forward to seeing if we're a fit for you! :D

coming soon.
aliasgraves
pronounshe/him
175written posts
gravesearned bits
offlinecurrently
graves
graves Avatar
villain kissing is fun, actually
i totally understand wanting to branch out from panfans, there's always a ton of 'em around, but ephemeris fits the bill for legit everything else!

we're set within a multiverse, wherein characters have been mysteriously transported from their homes to the multiple varied worlds within the realm known as istreos. we've been around since april of 2020 and we have a very friendly community!

we're also currently running a nanowrimo event that's gonna be super fun, so feel free to stop by and say hi! if it's not your vibe, that's totally fine too! i wish you the best of luck either way in finding somewhere for you ๐Ÿ’–

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Hiii! I know you have a lot of interesting rps to look into already, but I'd like to offer up In The Name Of The Moon! We are a sailor moon-based site, with magical-girl elements, a bit of fantasy, and powers folded into a japanese modern slice of life setting. We have many canon slots still open and also offer opportunities for original characters!

We are just starting out and are definitely small and close knit! we aim not to be clique-ish and we are welcoming of new members and new interest.

Short posts are welcome and relatively the norm, since we only require a decent paragraph and have no word count.

And, of course, being based on an animanga series, we only support art that revolves around anime and manga fcs!

- We'd love it if you joined, or at least took a peek! ๐Ÿ’–

last edit on Nov 5, 2021 14:46:06 GMT by Deleted
pronounsshe/her
113written posts
mintieeearned bits
offlinecurrently
mintiee
mintiee Avatar
Y'all thank you SO much, to folks who have posted and folks who have PMed me, too!!! I want to ... I want to join everything ... v.v

Feel free to drop any other sites, too! I'm joining at least one, maybe a second after that depending on my self control, so I definitely want to keep looking at what's out there!

Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,146written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Hello! We at Remnants of Fate would love it if you came and checked us out too! We're an original plot, that's kind of everywhere I have to admit, there's like 6 different plots and a variety of groups right now, but it is pretty easy to get into. We are a smaller community, there's like 10 of us maybe, even though our discord is pretty loaded. Our activity requirements are a little lax, but most people try to reply within a week, some of us reply instantly. And word count doesn't matter, quality over quantity, but we do try to get out at least like 100 words. Everyone is super friendly and helpful, all questions are answered pretty much immediately by our staff team.

As for the site itself, it is an original plot, humans with powers set about 5 years into the future. We do have the option of humans without powers too. There are different factions that have different goals, some are more about policing the world, some are about saving it, or changing it. We're always open to adding new ideas. Feel free to come check us out or drop into our discord! Good luck with the site searching!

pronounsShe/Her
42written posts
Frizbeeearned bits
offlinecurrently
Frizbee
Frizbee Avatar
Heya Mintiee!

I'd like to recommend my site that ticks a few of your boxes! c: It's a Dragon Age site set post-trespasser. We focus more on site-canons (characters that run the organisations, which can be OCs) rather than focusing on franchise characters form the games themselves.

• Medieval / Fantasy / Magic
  • We're pretty new, so we have a small member base at the moment and I might be biased but we're all pretty friendly!
  • No word count! And certainly no judgement!
  • We unfortunately don't do animanga faces, but we do allow artwork if it has been made by you/commissioned for you

valiant hearts: an au dragon age rpg
23written posts
razzledazzleearned bits
offlinecurrently
razzledazzle
razzledazzle Avatar
@minitee, how about a straight up Sailor Moon game?

Rules ~ Canons ~ Plot ~ Discord

It should be the Golden Age of Humanity. Neo Queen Serenity rules a planet at peace at long last, but rumors of a new threat, an unbeatable weapon, has Sailor Soldiers, heroes, civilians, and even villains fleeing to Earth to seek the protection of the legendary queen.

As long as the moonlight shines, evil can still be defeated.

But weโ€™re running out of moonlight.

Itโ€™s time to take a stand.

Itโ€™s Moon Revenge
[/i][/url][/size].

Canons and OCs welcomed. [/center]
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,793written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

This thread hasn't had any replies since a month ago - feel free to repost if you wish!