Prayers

aliasQueen, Kween
pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
qveenearned bits
offlinecurrently
qveen
qveen Avatar

300 years ago, a nuclear war that left Earth in critical condition and on the verge of destruction. Instead of accepting their fate of extinction, humans have taken upon themselves to relocate in space as a desperate and final attempt for survival. There was no clear destination, only the need to continue on and somehow live.

Humans later discovered a planet within the solar system that was extremely similar to Earth: Residuum. Technology was far more advanced than what humans could ever imagine, if not greater than their own imaginations. Teleportation, cars that can travel through the air, and other technological elevations.

But what caught the eye of many humans were the nonhuman species that resided on Residuum that was believed to only exist in fiction. Vampires, werewolfs, elementals, even species that no one ever thought would be a concept.

But the wonders of Residuum doesn't stop at technology more advanced than Earth's own and mythical creatures that were real. Every nation has succumbed to the world of hypercapitalism. They've surrender to constant consumerism that rose corporations to power and led the government to corruption. It's a constant power struggle between the average and the powerful and has no sign of stopping.

Humans since then have adapted to the culture that Residuum offers. Some have joined the cause to fight back corruption. Others have joined it. The rest? They just want to see if the planet will burn to ashes.

Prayers is a futuristic dystopian roleplay where Humans have relocated from Earth due to a nuclear war that forced the planet to meet its maker. Humanity eventually relocated to another planet named Residuum, which is described to be a far more technological advanced version of Earth that is the home to hundreds of mythical species. However, such technology have sold the planet to the lowest points of capitalism and submit themselves to corporations, leading to both government and corporate control for Humans to adapt. No matter who you are, everyone has a role whether they realize it or not in this story.

Players have complete control over Prayers' narrative as it finds a medium for action, and, of course, storytelling. They also have the freedom to create whatever species their characters are alongside the powers they hold. While Prayers does allow freeform combat and other conflicts, godmode or anything too overpowered will be heavily restricted or straight up banned for the sake of fairness.

It'll be on Jcink, have premium service, have animanga face claims, and factions that'll help shape the course of both Residuum and Prayers as a whole.

The site itself is near completion! We're planning to open the site around May 6 or May 7 for beta testing; May 9 as the late deadline to open the site for testing.
last edit on May 3, 2022 1:13:51 GMT by qveen
pronounsHe/Him
2written posts
cyborgearned bits
offlinecurrently
cyborg
cyborg Avatar
I literally just made this account to like and express I'm interested! I have a couple of questions I'd like to know (and it's okay if some info is classified 👀)

Are there only certain powers characters can have? How many can they have a at maximum?

What kind of factions are to be expected to be on the site?

What to apps look like? Are they in the profile

It'll be premium, but will it be exclusively 18+?

Can robots/androids be played?

Is it possible that characters can have weapons?
aliasQueen, Kween
pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
qveenearned bits
offlinecurrently
qveen
qveen Avatar
cyborg Avatar
I literally just made this account to like and express I'm interested! I have a couple of questions I'd like to know (and it's okay if some info is classified 👀)

Are there only certain powers characters can have? How many can they have a at maximum?

What to apps look like? Are they in the profile

omg i feel honored you made an account just for this! and to answer your questions:

if you're asking if there'll be powers already set up in the lore for players to grab (do correct me if i'm wrong!), players can pick almost any power they want! of course there will be banned powers, but for the most part anything goes! characters can start off with one power at creation with two abilities. what this means is that your power is pretty much an overall description of what power your character has. abilities are sort of specifics on what your character can do related to that power.

for example:

power: water manipulation - can create and control water.

abilities: breathe underwater, plant manipulation (since plants have water in them), healing.

as for how many powers a character have, we're thinking a total of four including the one you started off with. this is the initial plan, but before our official opening, this may change. for each power, they can have a max of five abilities. on the other hand, we may instead let characters have one power whilst also having an unlimited range of abilities under their belts.

definitely expect corporations and government to be major factions since they make the world go round! gangs are also up for debate as means to really create an immersing experience of life on residuum. an alternate to this would be leaving players to create factions that'll be canon to the site (space will be limited!) while also player created gangs, although may not be canon, may have a big impact as much as canon gangs.

What to apps look like? Are they in the profile?

yes! a staffer picked up on a skin that was unfinished but would be scheduled for completion once paid, tldr. we've gotten a sneak peak of the skin and the profile application on it is VERY detailed and has enough to put in essential information. since it's not done (though the coder did recently got in contact and let the staffer know what's going on!), we're going with an alternative premade paid skin that's just as beautiful, but not as detailed in the profile area! we may have to whip up a template in the meantime until the other skin is completed.

this was something i had to check in with the team first hence why it kinda took long for me to reply, sorry! to see if we're all on board with players under +18. we learned that a site can be premium while having underaged members! ultimately we agreed that while the site itself allows mature content, we'll also allow players that are at least 14 or older and mark mature content accordingly. kiddies also deserve to play in a world filled with the lowest scum and greediest loan sharks. (:

absolutely!

absolutely x2! characters will have inventories that store weapons, items, etc!

hopefully this answers everything you wanted to know and am more than happy to elaborate or answer any other questions, along with any feedback!
The Schediest of All
aliasSche
pronounsShe/her
88written posts
Codingwayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Codingway
Codingway Avatar
She'll tell you a fairy tale, or maybe she'll show your fate....
I am tuned in for this.

Outta curiosity, if there are robots and androids, would you also be allowing cyborgs and not just human ones, but vampire and whatever mythical creature cyborgs as well?

aliasQueen, Kween
pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
qveenearned bits
offlinecurrently
qveen
qveen Avatar
Codingway Avatar
I am tuned in for this.

Outta curiosity, if there are robots and androids, would you also be allowing cyborgs and not just human ones, but vampire and whatever mythical creature cyborgs as well?
for sure! cyborgs existed long before humans arrived on residuum so they'd be a very common sight.
pronounsHe/Him
2written posts
cyborgearned bits
offlinecurrently
cyborg
cyborg Avatar
Thanks for answering my questions! I'm even more hyped now! I do have a suggestion for superpowers and definitely think that the latter to your method of superpowers is much better suited with seemingly infinite related abilities just so no one goes too crazy with their powers ^^

edit: I also recommend making canon gangs but leave members the option to create their own groups! I do think it'll be a little complicated if someone leaves and for whatever reason doesn't want their work to be used anymore
last edit on May 4, 2022 22:20:01 GMT by cyborg
aliasQueen, Kween
pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
qveenearned bits
offlinecurrently
qveen
qveen Avatar
cyborg Avatar
Thanks for answering my questions! I'm even more hyped now! I do have a suggestion for superpowers and definitely think that the latter to your method of superpowers is much better suited with seemingly infinite related abilities just so no one goes too crazy with their powers ^^

edit: I also recommend making canon gangs but leave members the option to create their own groups! I do think it'll be a little complicated if someone leaves and for whatever reason doesn't want their work to be used anymore

i brought up these points and the team agreed, so we're definitely going to make a few adjustments to the guidebook! c:
aliasQueen, Kween
pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
qveenearned bits
offlinecurrently
qveen
qveen Avatar
Codingway Avatar
Will there be a site discord? That way its easier to input suggestions and whatnot when we actually get into the open testing?
funny enough, we were initially planning to release the link to the discord once the site is done, but we've decided that we'll release it now instead! the more people that can weigh in their opinions on certain topics and mechanics, the better we can get work done more efficiently. in general, we'll also be sharing bits of the site's info there so everyone can have an idea of what's to be expected on the prayers! 

the discord itself isn't complete as far as bots and the like, but for the most part it's fully functional~

discord link

last edit on May 6, 2022 20:57:57 GMT by qveen
aliasQueen, Kween
pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
qveenearned bits
offlinecurrently
qveen
qveen Avatar
sorry for leaving this thread in radio silence for those that are only waiting for beta testing to start and haven't joined the discord yet! there's some good news and not so good news:

the not so good news is another staff member and i caught covid and it's hindering our activities.

the good news is we pushed back the beta testing date to tomorrow, may 10, AND we still have one staff member left that's determined to help get the site up and ready for action!

i may not be on a lot for the time being, but i'll still be around behind the scenes and here as well to give updates!