emotional over wallace event/alt
โ€œI defended his existence, but accepted his death, thatโ€™s all.โ€

- the promise (snap studio)
aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
633written posts
offlinecurrently
๐š–๐š˜๐š›๐š’ Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.
But Sally doesn't care if Gillian phoned Gary last week and asked what on earth he was waiting for. It doesn't matter if he's had the aunts' address folded into his coat pocket ever since that phone call. By the time she runs down the bluestone path, it doesn't make a bit of difference what people think or what they believe. There are some things, after all, that Sally Owens knows for certain: Always throw spilled salt over your shoulder. Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Add pepper to your mashed potatoes. Plant roses and lavender, for luck. Fall in love whenever you can.

โ€” Practical Magic, Alice Hoffman
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,706written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Those tears, tooโ€”a symptom of the rot. There were other words for it, of course. The children, in their ignorance or innocence, called the affliction age, but in this, as in so much else, they erred. Age was not decrepitude. Tanโ€™is himself was old, hundreds of years old, and yet his sinews remained strong, his mind nimbleโ€”if needed, he could run all day, all night, and the better part of the next day.

No; time passed, stars swung through their silent arcs, seasons gave way one to the next, and yet none of these, in and of itself, brought harm. It was not age but rot that gnawed at the children, consuming their bowels and brains, sapping strength, eroding what meager intelligence they once possessed. Rot, and then death.

- The Emperor's Blade by Brian Staveley
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW