write a reply

What's The Deal With Proboards 2023?

2written posts
clemintineearned bits
offlinecurrently
clemintine
clemintine Avatar
Hello peeps,

Alright so hear me out, what does the world of proboard look like in 2023? I have been using this site for over 10 years, I have created multiple roleplay sites, some failed others were pretty big and lasted for the majority of those years. I've been out of the loop apparently because I was still waiting on V6 until an hour ago when I saw they stopped working on it earlier this year. I mainly stepped back and waited for V6 because a lot of the skin sites stopped making proboards skins. A lot of the coders (that I saw) stopped doing premade skins and even the ones who would sell their services (I began to pay for them naturally as I wanted my own) had became inactive. This made it difficult to get help on the larger projects for sites. So I waited on V6 and now its poof out the window.

From what I see the roleplay sites are dead, did everyone go to JCINK, is there another site, are people just not making good roleplays? I'm purely curious on all of this because I had intended to make a new roleplay site once V6 hit and now I am unsure if I should make one on proboards or continue onto something else. I'm also curious of everyone else thoughts on this, especially people who are move active on proboards. 

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
729written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
Tbh I donโ€™t know all the details, but I know proboards v6 is supposed to beโ€ฆ.not good. Tbh I havenโ€™t liked proboards really since v5, and I know a lot of people who feel the same way. As a coder, Iโ€™ve just never jived with proboards and its newclass nonsense lmao 

internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,790written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
from what I understand v6 was postponed because they couldn't do the work they wanted on it. So that could be coding or funding. I do know the original CEO stepped down. Proboards is still around and thriving? People still make sites and still work on both jcink and proboards. However, the animanga sphere of new influence has dwindled rapidly due to discord and people moving to semi-private or just quitting rp in general.

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW