write a reply

Looking for third storyteller, potential advertising help

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Hello!

I have a newer site (click) that already has two DMs but wanted to see if we can get a third so everyone's OC can get some individual quests and we can all sort of participate in some events/arcs as just a player.

We're going to be running with a historical fantasy set in Late 1596 and progressing forward from there. This is a low fantasy setting, and pretty soon we're going to be moving past the first village and onto a sort of magic knight training center region for a while where characters will be knights in training and going off to do chivalrous things fighting monsters and saving people. The theme that the site has is very much "heroic journey" and embracing that by giving characters things to do in order to sort of establish themselves in the world and make a name for themselves by making an impact on the setting.

Something that I've found in a lot of sites is society/world is fundamentally just really messed up. Government bad, society bad, everything bad. Everything is crappy and held together with duct tape and hope. Really hopeless, bleak, and frankly hard to get invested in.

I wanted to go opposite route and have a foundational society that is fundamentally good and idealistic and frankly great but also in danger. Also crumbling in parts. Also not perfect. Something that's a really, really good start but needs work and people willing to invest in it to see those ideals succeed.

I think a story about protecting something that already exists but is fragile and needs constant tending to could be compelling, and want to try it.

The lowest level of plot is like a one shot where everything starts and completes in the same thread. Something like a one-off dungeon, bounty mission, investigation, whatever. Moving up from there are mid-level plots which I've historically been bad at but want to improve upon where multiple threads and multiple groups, or even the same group in consecutive threads over time sort of unravel something that's not obvious at first but is a sort of longer term threat.

This storyteller type request is not asking you to run everything. This is asking for you to run some things, even 10% of things would be very helpful. In return you'd get 2 more motivated other storytellers willing to return the favor and give your characters quests, dungeons, etc. during that knight training arc. The hope is to eventually have enough storytellers and people willing to DM one offs that everyone can sort of have their pick on what type of writing they want to engage in.

Another thing that would be a huge help is advertising help. Having all the DMs/storytellers in the world doesn't matter if we don't have player characters willing and able to interact with the content being created. I can brute force this sometimes, but consistency is hard. Obviously more would be nice, but even someone helping with an ad blitz 1x a month would be very helpful because I tend to go really ham on this for a few days and then take off a month or three, rinse and repeat. That lack of consistency has definitely bitten me in the butt before.

In terms of contact information, we have a discord here (click) and any member of the discord can DM me who is listed under the server name "Wolfe" there.

I think a niche for a site like this exists, and this is my shot at it.
last edit on Sept 10, 2023 23:34:24 GMT by wolfe
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW