write a reply

what is/are your irl character development/s?

the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
i'm slowly learning how to get motivated with everyday tasks. adhd is a bitch. but i'm getting a handle on it.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
729written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
my emotional maturity fr. i was in a state of arrested development for a long time and 26 hit me like a goddamn freight train. hopefully 27 will continue that trend lol

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
705written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
tragically, i went from being extremely critical of and anti-capitalism (ask anyone who knows me) to… working in an accelerated training program for a large international media advertising agency that intends to equip me with the skills to become a business executive in two years time. rlly screams “you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain” tbh

on the flip side, though, i’ve gone from sleeping at 6-10am regularly to sleeping at 1am at latest and that’s, like, wild to me.
last edit on Sept 24, 2023 13:28:50 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
pronounsthey/them
185written posts
inkearned bits
offlinecurrently
ink
ink Avatar
CEL Avatar
tragically, i went from being extremely critical of and anti-capitalism (ask anyone who knows me) to… working in an accelerated training program for a large international media advertising agency that intends to equip me with the skills to become a business executive in two years time. rlly screams “you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain” tbh

on the flip side, though, i’ve gone from sleeping at 6-10am regularly to sleeping at 1am at latest and that’s, like, wild to me.

6-10am??????? CEL???????

in unrelated news i was dead set on convincing a student to not join my incredibly exploitative and hostile industry but i've decided that it's up to the olds to warn the youngs and for the youngs to make their own decisions.

damn this is a shounen manga arc for real. i come back from the demonic front blood war of the apocalypse and I'm like "ok i recognize your resolve so I'm going to teach you the secret light soul dragon art so you can achieve what i could not in my own youth. but you're probably still going to get your ass kicked a few times L E L
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
173written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
I’m at a better place mentally than I have for most of my life, which encompasses a lot of development. Despite how angsty I still get and all that, I’m actually in the best condition I have ever been mentally. It took a lot of work, trials and tribulations, and the support of my friends to get here, but hey, I’m here, rocky life and all

And, nearly as importantly of course, I discovered that I love mangoes & I eat them every chance I can
Catscape Meow!
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
665written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
My job has given me a bigger backbone. I used to be pretty meek (and can be in some situations) but my job kinda. Forces me to be a leader and have a commanding presence. My present self is nowhere near what I was like in high school and college. But I guess that's kind of the goal of it all, really?

coming soon.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
add the regression tag Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
Wraith Avatar
And, nearly as importantly of course, I discovered that I love mangoes & I eat them every chance I can

i used to be obssessed with mangoes as a child. i would eat mangoes. i made my email about mangoes. and i would also draw mangoes killing each other on ms paint. i think i had a plot about fruit wars.

may your love for mangoes continue eternally
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
390written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
I'm so close to over the hill and have finished up my masters degree! I just have to take my licensing exam—

I've been stuck doing school and working full time for the past couple years that I'm actually not sure how only working feels like and wonder what I'll end up actually doing with my free time when I have it.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
add the regression tag Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
all right i have another irl dev

i was an armaldo kid growing up

but i now i love cradily more

i think it's weird and cute and funny-looking thing that can exist in prehistoric times. love its colors and patterns.

...no? there's no other reason wdym
aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
205written posts
Solaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
Routines! Big Routines. Doing stuff around the clock and making sure I have things done by a certain time is really helping my productivity. 
Not my chores however.

Moving out was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made, my mental health is at an all time high.
last edit on Oct 22, 2023 13:34:19 GMT by Sola
aliasnikki/nikz
pronounsshe, they
76written posts
hotaryuearned bits
offlinecurrently
hotaryu
hotaryu Avatar
one day!
Got into working out and supplements! I stopped being a fightey person on social media. And after 7 years of freelancing and 3 years of temporary and messy full time jobs wherein I didn't last a year, I'm now currently more than a year staying in my company and have recently been awarded Employee of the Month. Huge step up from the girl who lasted 6 months at her first company and two weeks at her second.

Having a supportive manager, therapy, and work setup (wfh) that allowed me to have more control over my time helped.
last edit on Jan 11, 2024 15:49:36 GMT by hotaryu

aliasruby
pronounsany pronouns
20written posts
rubyyyearned bits
offlinecurrently
rubyyy
rubyyy Avatar
in a city of ice, there are burning cathedrals
Went from shitty high school grades and taking any retail job that would have me, to 'obtained a traineeship with the local council, earned two qualifications, and got some great references for the resume/CV'. Going to continue that momentum and look at getting my full driver's licence in the first half of this year 🤞
a non-canon arknights rp

soon... the barriers will come down...
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,381written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

sometimes i really don't think that i've changed or developed that much but then i reflect back on things i said years ago - a perfect example is my post in this thread from literal 2018 (your roleplaying application was such a fun trend) - and realize that i have a WAY more solid sense of self than i did then. in all actuality, i don't really recognize the person that wrote that profile even if i can recall who i was then, and i want to say i think that's a good thing. i'm actually working with myself instead of fighting myself, and i've been really working with myself to break the cycle of people pleasing that has been just so ingrained into who i am and how i interact with others. therapy and good support systems have helped.

i also am very seriously seeking an autism diagnosis, so the journey of self discovery continues

ah uh i also started playing final fantasy xiv which has taken over my life since then and idk if you can say that's an improvement but it sure is something
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW