pronounsshe/her
537written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
Early update, whoops. But had to share this write-up.

last edit on Apr 9, 2024 16:50:28 GMT by ninelie
aliasvale
pronounsthey/them, he/him
62written posts
valeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vale
vale Avatar
"Hmm... Are you comfortable talking to me, Itsuki?"
:eyes: ..... i'm super excited to finally get another peek at some of the skills!! waiting with bated breath... i'm really looking forward to seeing more, i've been a huge fan of this ic so far!
"hello, i'm nazuna nito, a member of ra*bits!"
art credit @ ryoko kui - dungeon meshi official art
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
537written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
Jenesis Avatar
I loved "Meet the Skills" in DE and I'm loving it here.

Be interesting to see how you translate some of the skills (like Authority and Esprit de Corps) to a setting where all of the OCs aren't expected to be cops.
Authority is mostly unchanged, just tweaked so that it's relevant to your OC's background and narrative context. In another way, Authority also evaluates how assertive you are and how to control others. Esprit de Corps reflects your OC's sense of belonging to a social group or clique they're part of, so it can be anything like the book club you're part of to the company you're working for, if that makes sense!

Psyche skills are up next!

stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
537written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
Yevod Avatar
I have a question regarding the plot! Will this be able to support slice-of-life threads or is this going to be more serious in tone?
You can definitely have slice-of-life plots, and you're free to opt out of participating in site plots (that would probably be more serious in tone). There may be events where it can affect the environment of the city (e.g. political upheaval, etc.) but there are also other locations you can roleplay that's not confined to Elysium City. Hope that answers your question!

Next up are Physique skills:

aliasjail, rosetta, rose
pronounsshe/her
38written posts
Jailearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jail
Jail Avatar
big girls don't cry
the more i read through the site info the more i am intrigued ;v; as someone who has no idea what disco elysium is, i don't think i've ever seen these kinds of mechanics from <i>any</i> site before! it's going great <333