aliasray
pronounshe/him
30written posts
scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
scaramouche
scaramouche Avatar
working tirelessly on my site
hi I'm ray and I'm an old fart. I've been rping for a while but I dropped out for several years. coming back has been a trip. anyway I need help setting up my site's discord server. I'm not actually sure what's the norm, what kind of bots to use, etc. 
last edit on May 3, 2024 16:22:22 GMT by scaramouche
modern supernatural rp coming soon!
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,799written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
hello fellow old fart. I'm not too good with bots, but carl-bot and ticket bot is a good two to start with! Sprinto for writing if you want to. I think there is also Hydra and Reaction Roles as bots themselves. I can't wait to see your site around here in the community. :)

but to set up your discord - really tag channels are used and there's always plotting channels - but usually everything is pretty normal. Seclude topics you would want secluded such as game chat or pet spam, and go from there. Sadly there isn't too much of a tried and true guide.

last edit on May 2, 2024 0:38:16 GMT by Neko
aliasray
pronounshe/him
30written posts
scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
scaramouche
scaramouche Avatar
working tirelessly on my site
well that's already a good start because I currently know nothing about discord bots. I have figured out the channels, that seems pretty straightforward. it's funny you say that about the guide because that's what I was searching for when I came across this place. clicked on one thing which led to another thing and now I'm here.

(and thanks for the welcome, it's intimidating coming back into an old/new scene!)
last edit on May 3, 2024 16:23:30 GMT by scaramouche
modern supernatural rp coming soon!