How does linking back work with a Discord server?

6written posts
welianearned bits
offlinecurrently
welian
welian Avatar
Hey staff, sorry if I got the wrong section! I'm asking for clarification on submitting a site to the directory, specifically a Discord server that is a general RPing community. I'm not really familiar with the concept of link-backs and whatnot, and I can't quite visualize what that would look like on a Discord server - do you have any specific examples or screenshots of what you're looking for? 
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
It's harder with a Discord server, but I think it's entirely possible which is why I wanted to include Discord RPs in the directory. There are two obvious ways to handle it that I see.

1.) A lot of servers have a forum associated with the server for announcements or whatever else. If we can link back there, that's perfectly fine.

2.) Just stick the link somewhere on the server itself, like in the announcements, rules, or whatever else. It's fine if it's going to be in a place that'll be buried in a few days, as long as it'll be there for a little while, much like advertising areas on regular forum-type RPs.

The main thing is just that we want people to be able to find us. I'm not super experienced with running a Discord RP, so if you have any suggestions that would make more sense I'm willing to listen.