ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
君の名は。

Premise
You've lived in Itomori for most of your life. Or perhaps you have moved out here to the rural mountainside, desperate to escape your city life? Regardless, this small, charming town holds more than just a few secrets, but there's a certain force that compels you to stay here. On October 13th, during Itomori's annual Autumn Festival, the rumored Comet Tiamat was forecasted to pass the night sky directly above Itomori. Eager to enjoy the sights, you like many of the other townspeople congregate to enjoy the festivities... until a part of the comet breaks off and strikes the town.

What would have been the death of an entire town annihilated within seconds suddenly resets you one month back in September. You think it's all a bad dream, but soon you realize that you most definitely have been transported back in time... and it's not just you, but others too. Armed with your premonition, will you try to attempt to alter fate?

Setting
The small town of Itomori nestled in a valley of the Gifu Prefecture. Population: roughly around 1,250 people. Surrounded by idyllic, scenic nature, Itomori is steeped in a 1,000 year old tradition; however with recent political reforms they are looking to modernize and branch out. Divided into five main neighbourhood districts. Lake Itomori sits in the center of the valley, with Itomori's residents settled along its edge.

System
There won't be any sort of body-switching (yeah I know, it's the main aspect of KNNW) but I liked the idea of the plot being driven by the member's characters in their attempts to twist fate. Since the timeloop is one month, it would tick down to the Autumn Festival being held as a site event once a month (or perhaps an entirely different one depending on member interaction) where they try to save Itomori from Comet Tiamat. Players can choose to be Time Jumpers (the chosen ones who are aware that Itomori is stuck in a timeloop) or be ordinary citizens unwittingly having their lives being replayed over and over again.

That's all I got so far. I think it would be a nice twist on a slice-of-life town rp. Thoughts?
last edit on Oct 18, 2018 17:16:36 GMT by ninelie
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
dreams Avatar

this seems pretty interesting! I like the idea. I'm only weary because I know nothing of Kimi No Na Wa, or how the time-travelling thing would work... but definitely into it!
It wouldn't require any prior knowledge of the movie at all, thankfully! It's just a simple small town RP stuck in a one-month timeloop.

How the timeloop works, is that it starts on September 13th, and ends on October 13th when a fragment of the comet strikes the town (resulting in it being wiped out from existence). Then it resets again, indefinitely, until perhaps characters attempt to alter fate. Although it won't be easy!

Players will have the option of being aware of the timeloop or not. Those who are aware are effectively "time jumpers" so to speak!

Hope that clears up any confusion.
kimi no na wa. written Oct 18, 2018 17:29:07 GMT via mobile
176written posts
zeroearned bits
offlinecurrently
zero
zero Avatar
ninelie Avatar
dreams Avatar
this seems pretty interesting! I like the idea. I'm only weary because I know nothing of Kimi No Na Wa, or how the time-travelling thing would work... but definitely into it!
It wouldn't require any prior knowledge of the movie at all, thankfully! It's just a simple small town RP stuck in a one-month timeloop.

How the timeloop works, is that it starts on September 13th, and ends on October 13th when a fragment of the comet strikes the town (resulting in it being wiped out from existence). Then it resets again, indefinitely, until perhaps characters attempt to alter fate. Although it won't be easy!

Players will have the option of being aware of the timeloop or not. Those who are aware are effectively "time jumpers" so to speak!

I’m intrigued. Will the site reset every x months to account for this? And how will you enable members to influence the time loop? Through missions?
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
zero Avatar
ninelie Avatar

I’m intrigued. Will the site reset every x months to account for this? And how will you enable members to influence the time loop? Through missions?
Missions would be a good idea, although I don't want to pressure members into thinking that they need to join missions absolutely, but of course mini events like characters investigating rumors, doing research, etc. would definitely influence the fate of Itomori. If a certain number of rumors have been investigated before the Autumn Festival, then the timeloop will be altered. It may not guarantee Itomori being saved and allowed to exist past October 14th, but it will certainly change things in the next timeloop's iteration.

Characters in positions of power (part of the town council, an influential figure in the community, etc.) would certainly hold more sway on how the timeloop could be altered (or broken entirely) but I was thinking they would be considered more like canon positions due to that fact.

And of course, with each consecutive timeloop being completed, new/different rumours will be available. All timejumping characters will retain their memories from past timeloops so they won't lose anything they've learned from past investigations.

TL;DR: Yes the site will reset every month or so!
last edit on Oct 18, 2018 17:43:56 GMT by ninelie
176written posts
zeroearned bits
offlinecurrently
zero
zero Avatar
ninelie Avatar
zero Avatar
Missions would be a good idea, although I don't want to pressure members into thinking that they need to join missions absolutely, but of course mini events like characters investigating rumors, doing research, etc. would definitely influence the fate of Itomori. If a certain number of rumors have been investigated before the Autumn Festival, then the timeloop will be altered. It may not guarantee Itomori being saved and allowed to exist past October 14th, but it will certainly change things in the next timeloop's iteration.

Characters in positions of power (part of the town council, an influential figure in the community, etc.) would certainly hold more sway on how the timeloop could be altered (or broken entirely) but I was thinking they would be considered more like canon positions due to that fact.

And of course, with each consecutive timeloop being completed, new/different rumours will be available. All timejumping characters will retain their memories from past timeloops so they won't lose anything they've learned from past investigations.

I like the idea of key canon roles holding more significance, as well as your plans for instigating ways to alter events :3 I think one month might be a little short given how fast threads normally go, as it won’t allow much to be done.

I'm not usually a slice of life fan, but I love Groundhog Day and LozMM so will be up for trying this out if you make it. Please could you tag me on any updates? :D
last edit on Oct 18, 2018 17:54:21 GMT by zero
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
535written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
zero Avatar
ninelie Avatar

I like the idea of key canon roles holding more significance, as well as your plans for instigating ways to alter events :3 I think one month might be a little short given how fast threads normally go, as it won’t allow much to be done.

I'm not usually a slice of life fan, but I love Groundhog Day and LozMM so will be up for trying this out if you make it. Please could you tag me on any updates?:D

Of course! One month was just a basic timeframe I was thinking of. It certainly does seem a bit too short for any bulk of investigations to be done via RPing in our own Earth time, so if it feels a bit too short, then I think 2 months should be a good rule of thumb, too.

I'm always open to feedback on how to finesse this better to suit a flow that would be enjoyable for everyone, so this helps greatly thanks!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

On user request. If you'd like it reopened for any reason, just PM a staff member