Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN KINGDOM HEARTS?

THE PLOT
It all began with the Master of Masters a Keyblade Wielder capable of peering into the future. With this miraculous power he foresaw the end of not one but all worlds. Brought about by a war between the forces of light and darkness. This war was unavoidable. There was, however, hope. A chance to perverse the light so that others in the future might win against the darkness. Thus the Master of Masters began to set in motion a plan.

He wrote down the future within the pages of four books. Each one detailed the events that would result in the war between the light and dark. With the books complete he gathered his five apprentices giving four of the five a copy of the book. The books, titled the Book of Prophecies, would help guide them in their tasks.

They were to form four unions. Each union would gather Keyblade Wielders and gather an energy called Lux. They would then use this Lux to combat the darkness spreading throughout the worlds. He also gave each of the four union heads a task specifically for them.

As for the fifth he gave them a mission separate from the others. The Master of Masters gave his fifth apprentice his Keyblade. Within this Keyblade was the Master's eye. By handing down this Keyblade from apprentice to apprentice it would allow the Master to see the future. This fifth apprentice was to also watch the others, to help ensure that events proceed along the correct path.

After giving his apprentices their missions the Master of Masters faded away. It is with his disappearance that the path towards the Keyblade War has begun.

We now draw the attention of our story onto you. You are a Keyblade Wielder recruited into one of the four unions. Will you gather Lux and aid in the light in its war against the darkness? Or will you help the forces of darkness achieve their goals?

THE GOAL
Last Hope is set several centuries into the past from the current Kingdom Hearts setting. Taking place before the infamous Keyblade War. While borrowing heavily from the mobile game Kingdom Hearts Unchained X for our setting we are in fact AU. As things will not be playing out how that game has pictured them.

You the member shape the site just as much as we the staff do.

That's a simple thing to say I know but on Last Hope I really want that to ring true. I've got a plot in mind but I want the setting to expand and change with input from the members. I want the actions of the characters that inhabit these worlds to have weight and meaning outside of just a single thread.

I feel like members come into a site sometimes and are afraid to try big and interesting things. With Last Hope I want to change that mindset and offer a place in which members can take on big ideas. All while doing so in a universe that I and I'm certain others enjoy playing around in.

If your character wants to and can take over Twilight Town then do it. The site will adapt to that change and any others that may occur. I know that's opening up a large can of worms but I'm quite certain that I'm capable of it handling it. I've always had a strong passion for the Kingdom Hearts series. It was such a major part of my childhood and the entire reason I got into roleplaying in the first place.

It's because of this series that I have been able to meet so many interesting and different people. I've met two of closest friends because of our mutual love for the Kingdom Hearts series. I want to share that same passion I have for it with everyone else, but do so in my own unique way.

FEATURES

• Four Unique Factions - Each character is sorted into one of four different factions known as Unions. Vulpeus, Anguis, Unicornis, and Ursus. Each of the Unions have their own goals and motives as well as benefits unique to them.
  • Mission System - A system in which characters partake in member or staff created 'Jobs' to earn Lux. Jobs have a ranking system where higher ranked jobs offer the chance to earn unique abilities and Keyblades for completing them.
  • Keyblades, Keyblades, Keyblades - Because of the setting characters have easy access to Keyblades. Although not all Keyblades are created equally. And much like the games Keyblades come with their own perks attached.
  • Lux - The currency of the site which can be used to purchase new skills and various other things.
  • Play as Heartless & Nobodies - At the beginning only 'Sombodies' may be created but future updates will allow players to create Heartless and Nobody characters.
  • Player Created Worlds - Members are welcome and encouraged to create their own unique worlds for others to explore.
  • Open-ended Plot- The members of Last Hope are able to have a strong and lasting input on the plot and the direction in which it goes.

CLOSING STATEMENT
I will continue to update everyone interested about the progress of the site. I would like to say that I'm open to any questions or suggestions that you guys might have.

last edit on Oct 30, 2018 2:15:06 GMT by Mouse
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
540written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
I started my roleplaying career on a Kingdom Hearts site a very long time ago, so this thread brings back some feelings of nostalgia for me.

I do have some feedback for some of the features you've listed! Take this with a grain of salt, of course, as you are free to shape your site however you wish.

• Option for members to go "rouge" โ€“ I'm familiar with KHUX so I understand that the basis of the system is to have character choose one of the four unions to swear their allegiance to. However, it's also good to give members the option to reject that system completely and have them be Unionless. Whether that entails a minor disadvantage could be a welcome challenge members would take if it means agency for their character.

• Keyblades โ€“ I really like the idea of creating my own Keyblade, and slowly progress it by leveling it up via Lux, Mythril Gems, or any other "item drops" you wish to implement. I like to think that my character's Keyblade is an extension/reflection of their soul, and as they mature, so do their Keyblade. Of course, secondary Keyblades (for those dual-wielding Keyblade Masters out there) can be a thing as well, but it would be mainly member-maintained.

This would ease some burden off staff from listing all the Keyblades in existence from across all the KH games, and instead let members handle it. They can purchase power ups, level ups, etc. whatever using Lux from the site shop. Or implement a materia system for added elemental perks.

• Open-ended plot, character-created Worlds โ€“ Totally appreciate the sentiment of allowing players to feel like they're directly influencing the plot, but you also have to keep in mind that most of the time (this is speaking from experience) most members are also happy to follow along whatever storyline you have dictated for them, since it's much easier to react than proactively... well, act. I would suggest that at the very least, play a semi-influential character personally and have them subtly direct the events on the site if you still want to have that feeling of player-character immersion.

Character-created Worlds is a bit of a niche, since people have lots of ideas but there usually isn't enough of a demand to see those boards being used, which results in a bloat of subforums on your board that just looks empty. I would prefer to see perhaps a monthly feedback thread where people can put in suggestions about certain Worlds they like to see, and if it gains enough traction and interest then totally implement it.

All in all, I'm quite excited to see this if you follow through with it. Best of luck!

last edit on Oct 30, 2018 14:12:36 GMT by ninelie
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,707written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
AN UPDATE FOR THE INTERESTED

THE DETAILS
Hey there! It's been a few days since I posted my Interest Check. So I figured I'd give you guys a little update on my progress so far. I'd like to start off by saying that I'm excited to see people interested. It's actually made me far more motivated to focus on the forum.

I've made quite a bit of progress in the last few days, or at least it feels that way. I've recently finished up the mission system. Which is going to be a main part of site progression. I've also given it a fair amount of thought and have opted to shy away from World Creation. As there is currently a wide enough selection of locations for characters to visit.

As per the suggestion of I'm also going to give the option of being Unionless. As I've not full fleshed out the perks and benefits of the Unions any negatives, if any, from being Unionless haven't been laid out yet. Before I go on to list the major updates I'd like to answer the questions asked.

Disney Characters: The site is going to be strictly non-canon. At least in the sense that members will not be able to app any characters from the Disney Worlds. They will instead make appearances as NPCs to be used during important events and Jobs. I do not wish for them to be absent because they are an important part of the worlds being used.

Chirithy: I had actually forgotten all about the Chirithy! Now that you've mentioned them @noir I'll be working on implementing them into the site. The way I was thinking was as a sort of personal NPC unique to each character. Their personality and appearance being dictated by the controller of said character. There overall purpose would remain the same however.

FEATURES

• Command Decks - A character's Command Deck serves as a list of all their currently known spells & abilities. At character creation a character is allowed to start with 6 abilities or 'command slots'. One is capable of purchasing additional slots using Lux at the site store.
  • Keyblade Traits - These will serve as powerful passive abilities that operate separately from the Command Deck itself. These Keyblade Traits can range from effects like adding fire damage to your strikes or something far more unique. A single Keyblade is only capable of holding two traits. The second of which must be purchased in order to be obtained. Traits can also be upgraded into more powerful versions.

last edit on Nov 3, 2018 17:32:57 GMT by Mouse
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
Ears flickering I heard something about Original Kingdom Hearts Roleplay.... I haven't been on Pixel Perfect in months.. BUT Imma here, Tag me, Pm Me, Nag Me, sumthin' When this Roleplay exists. HUGE HUGE Sucker for Original Kingdom hearts Roleplay.

-- Question though: In future will Heartless be playable as a character who has fallen to darkness?

last edit on Nov 15, 2018 6:24:39 GMT by Ginger
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.