phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
man i kind of feel super awkward coming back down into this rabbit hole again, but. i really am wanting to find some place to call home because i'm not quite wanting to give up on some of my rp childhood yet so.

simply put, hello, my name is kuroya. i've been rping for six years and after living in the real life community for two years, i'm in desperate need of a new friend group to help me integrate onto a new site on the animanga side. so please consider this in one part a site request but in one part a buddy request as well. this might be a lil bit rambly, but uh. if you want to cut to the chase, there's a tl;dr at the end. also if you could do more than just dropping an ad and running, i would appreciate it, i hate when people just dump their ad and don't even bother to at least say hi.

what i'm looking for as the flat-out most important things are going to be a bit loose. i'm wanting a jcink site (because i can't stand proboards anymore, it's such a mess coding-wise) that is animanga only (because mixed faces mess with my brain). it needs to have gentle activity standards both for general standards and for creating additional characters, as i run one-and-a-half sites of my own and have no desire to be on a site that expects me to drop everything for them. i'm also going to need a site that has a dedicated community, as in it's not going to be anywhere remotely close to dying some time in the next three months because of site-hoppers or the members (or staff) deciding to move on to the next shiny thing.

but most of all, what i want is a site that is genuinely friendly and welcoming - like i said, this is also kind of a buddy request, because i don't really have a friend group anymore, and i'm super discouraged by how much of the community seems to plaster the label "welcoming" on them when they really aren't interested in actually playing with new members or really being there for them after they're approved. i get that it's hard to judge how someone's going to integrate into a community, but basically, if the site is running primarily by friend groups threading with one another and it's a bit of a struggle to get people to interact outside their friend groups (or simply interact with newbies), i'm sorry, but i'm not really going to be interested in your site.

from here, i'm going to try to keep an open mind, so uh. i'm going to say that i am a fan of more slice-of-life or open-world sites because i generally just do not really care for large-scale world plots i gotta keep up with. i prefer stat-less sites generally, just because i'm not a fan of running into the powerplayers and min-maxers that tend to follow sites with a lot of rolling. freeform applications are preferred, as is jcink premium and no word count and easy to understand site lore (because i don't wanna read an entire brick to play tbeh), and i have a special softness in my heart for romance-oriented sites (what can i say, i'm a sucker for love), as well as panfandom sites (i'd love to play my old pre-nibelheim sephiroth again tbeh).

the only dealbreakers i can think of right now are mostly things that contradict specifically what i'm looking for. the only thing i can think to add is literally that i am not looking for a site with staff that are going to be micromanaging the members or otherwise looking to kick them out before they even get started. because uh. yikes i've seen a good few sites like that and i am not a fan. oh that and uh. please no superhero-esque sites since i already run two marvel + dc sites so i don't want to burn out on that and no fighting genre sites because of similar reasons (and it's just not my cup of tea, personally).

other than that, there's just a quick and dirty "hey, i've seen these sites around before, and no offense, but for one reason or another, they are not even remotely appealing to me, so please don't waste your time and mine by throwing them at me since this is a site search, not an advertising thread" disclaimer, so uh. yeah. if you're here for world of remnant, eledria, dotai academy, heartsigh, alohomora, event horizon, fallen leaves, all of me / stroke of luck, chaos theory, or intoxicated with your scent, please do not post.

tl;dr, i'm looking for a new site and a new friend community after being more or less entirely orphaned by a year outside the community, so please take a couple of moments to say hi, decide that you want to take me home like the dumb stray dog i absolutely am at heart, and please mention a few of the things i'm looking for with your ad.

deal-makers are
โœ” hosted on jcink
โœ” animanga only face claims
โœ” loose activity standards
โœ” gentle standards for additional characters
โœ” dedicated site (as in not gonna close soon)
โœ” actual welcoming and friendly community

deal-breakers are
โœ˜ hosted on proboards
โœ˜ mixed face claims
โœ˜ strict activity standards
โœ˜ strict requirements for additional characters
โœ˜ brand new sites
โœ˜ sites with strong site-hopper presences
โœ˜ hostile or ambivalent attitudes towards newbies
โœ˜ micromanaging staffers / rule layouts
โœ˜ superhero-esque sites
โœ˜ fighting genre sites

nice bonuses to a site include
โ— jcink premium
โ— no word count
โ— freeform app
โ— character driven / slice-of-life style (or at least, a site plot i can ignore)
โ— no stats / low-stats
โ— easy to understand lore
โ— romance-focused
โ— panfandom (with sephiroth open)
โ— fandoms only: easy understanding if unfamiliar (i don't know a lot of fandoms so rather than list, if it's fandom noob friendly, you're probably fine, since if not, it's a gamble)

sites i will not consider include
โœ– world of remnant
โœ– eledria
โœ– dotai academy
โœ– heartsigh
โœ– alohomora
โœ– event horizon
โœ– fallen leaves
โœ– all of me / stroke of luck
โœ– chaos theory
โœ– intoxicated with your scent
last edit on Nov 2, 2018 15:11:02 GMT by Kuroya
214written posts
โœฆ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
โœฆ MAD
โœฆ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

I just came by to wish you the best of luck on your search. Finding a place to call home is no easy task. Iโ€™ve only ever found one I could say was home. It lasted for two years, but Iโ€™ll never forget them. [break][break]

Even my current site at the moment has a lot of work that needs to be done to it. Especially now with how busy Iโ€™ve been with work and life, I just havenโ€™t been able to dedicate to it the time I wish I could. I honestly wish I had the time to rp at all, but lately itโ€™s just been me as an admin, maintaining and coding... ugh sorry for the ramble. Running sites is tough.

[break][break]But again, I do hope you find this site. Honestly, im keeping an eye on this thread cause if you did find something like this Iโ€™d be interested as well. (Even if just to see how theyโ€™ve become so successful)

last edit on Nov 2, 2018 16:03:52 GMT by โœฆ MAD
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
- thank you so much for your well-wishes! it's just been so odd coming back, it feels like a lot of the animanga world has become a stranger since then. i'm hoping i'm going to find something because i don't want to just walk away from animanga entirely, but well. i won't lie and say that i'm a little wary of more or less ending up staying homeless just because what i've gotten used to is not what's popular on this side of the fence.

- i'll keep it in the back of my mind, but to be entirely frank, as much as i love loveless overall i used to help run an old loveless site back in the day, actually, and one of my current sites is heavily based on some of the ideas for its core mechanics, i really would not have the kind of time to keep up with those activity requirements, hence why i make it very clear that that's a deal-breaker. like i said in my op, i'm running one-and-a-half sites (one full-on public and one semi-public laid-back site), so i'm not exaggerating when i say that i really need a site that's going to be willing to work with me when it comes to posting. to me, one post per week in any form is very decidedly not gentle (nor is 200+ posts for a new character, whether the first handful are free or not), so i would not even remotely fit in well. i actually had nearly added kd to that list as well since i'd looked previously, but i'd ultimately decided against it as i wasn't sure if the rules had loosened up from when i had checked it closer to when you open. i'm also a bit personally leery of a certain thread you have up as an announcement, but that's. neither here nor there. tbeh.

i apologize if it seems a bit rude (since imo i hate when site searchers break down exactly why they don't like my site in a reply), i just. didn't want to flat out dismiss kd since you did take the time to write all that out and i figured you'd at least want to know why it's not really something i would consider. i wish you the best of luck with kd, as i do genuinely have no hard feelings for you or the site, it's just. not really a good fit. for me. even a little bit. oops.
last edit on Nov 2, 2018 17:57:24 GMT by Kuroya
214written posts
โœฆ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
โœฆ MAD
โœฆ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

I know what you mean... I feel like as we age the community changes because not many stay, and so many younger people join. As the community shifts, so do the norms. [break][break]
You are running those other sites, no? Are they animanga? If they were then you wouldnโ€™t be really leaving the animanga community. The reason I had always wanted to make my own animanga rp community was because I couldnโ€™t find one in the mmo genre that actually stayed open. Thatโ€™s mainly why Iโ€™ve stubbornly keep Actuality going even through all the hard times Iโ€™ve been going through irl. Iโ€™ve been lucky to have nice and hard working staff to help me along.[break][break]
Because of how unpredictable and busy my job can be I made sure to make Actuality with mega low activity requirements. Just post once every two months with each of your characters. Everyone gets five free characters, after that you can buy a character slot at the shop.[break][break]
Iโ€™ve had members join and immediately make the five accounts to link together lol[break][break] The reason I didnโ€™t initially invite you to check it out was because of my rp slowness lately. Been so busy I havenโ€™t had much time to sit down and rp with the members. Usually I sit and chat with them for a bit, trying to include everyone. The members themselves and staff have been super friendly though, but I still wish I could be there to jump in or suggest others to rp together... I dunno, I might be the only one who thinks this is a lull moment in the site...[break][break]
Have you tried google searching, or looking up other rp communities? I had a friend show me some nice ones that are not the usual hang outs of people here, but I do find animanga forums on these sites. If youโ€™re interested in checking any of these out just shoot me a pm. Iโ€™ve been so disconnected I didnโ€™t know about these, but there might be a high chance you know of them already since you seem to be way more active than I am. XD

4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
lmfao honestly there's a lot of things i want to say since there's a lot of stuff going on (i ramble about it a lot to val over discord, it's a thing we do a lot) and some of it gets into some really meta stuff with rping and just. ahhhhhh i should probs actually pull this into discord, oops if you pm me your handle i'm more than happy to go into it, i love talking rp meta tbeh.

i do run both of the site that are in my signature - i own them and i love them both to bits - but they're definitely real life faces and very firmly so (hence why they're just the little banners, not the big one). link cable is going to be animanga but i've been making noises into the abyss since it's still something i want to do, but both the other sites are demanding more on my time so in a sense, i'm still trying to work out if i'd be able to give the site the justice it deserves or not. also i just. want a place where i'm really not solely responsible for doing staff work. or responsible for staff work at all. let me not be responsible for cleaning up the messes for once.

as far as checking out other sites goes, i actually have checked out a few other sites - i've gone through p2's directory a couple of times and i've tried hitting up affs on the bigger animanga sites. i just ended up closing out since ultimately what i'm looking for is more of that friendly community just because i've had so many bad experiences with communities where they say they're welcoming and friendly but then they turn around and basically disappear after you're approved or they're low-key just waiting on you to ditch so they put minimal effort into plotting and threading and i just. am not here for this whole game where people say they want new members but put in negative effort into actually trying to include them. so the site search is kind of. an attempt to find a sites that aren't like that and then try to fit in. essentially, i'm hoping it'll mean i have less attempts at making an app and getting approved only to get stonewalled out and then forced to repeat the process all over again.

......... yeah just. pm me your discord. cuz otherwise i'll just. keep wheezing. into the abyss. forever. and derailing my own thread. oops.
last edit on Nov 2, 2018 22:07:41 GMT by Kuroya
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.