Interest Check: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AU

2written posts
ishyearned bits
offlinecurrently
ishy
ishy Avatar
There is a new Netflix original based off Sabrina the Teenage Witch called Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Its a much darker version but that's what makes it so fresh and interesting. However, because it contains certain aspects of a particular being and religion (satanism) I'm not sure if it would prove to be too....inappropriate or offensive, or even if anyone would be interested. I could remove certain details to possibly help with that - use something less specific. I was leaning more towards it being a creation of my own and the show simply inspiring the general atmosphere of the site along with a few small details for the species. But I wanted opinions and feedback before I go through with it.
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
540written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
Woah, funny coincidence! I posted about this in the Quick Interest Check thread about the exact same thing!

I think it might be worth looking into whether or not you want to keep certain elements that truly make the series as dark as it goes since that can affect which forum host you're willing to work with, as Jcink Premium is more lenient with these themes whereas ProBoards is a blanket PG13 rating (iirc?)

Regardless, I think a lot of the bloodier/nastier stuff can be "dumbed down" a notch and it wouldn't take away from the concept at all. Just the aspect of modern day witches casting interesting hexes, curses, and spells to solve everyday problems in itself is already a hook for me. Throw in political unrest in the coven, power struggles and feuds between families/castes, and you have yourself a diverse environment for members to pick from!

...Anyway! I'm willing to lend a hand out as well with this, but I'll be fairly busy in the next little while so it's entirely up to your discretion. :)
2written posts
ishyearned bits
offlinecurrently
ishy
ishy Avatar
I've posted this on several sites and you're the first one to answer. So I thank you lmao. I'm starting a new job next week so I'll be fairly busy myself, so I won't be rushing to get a site up and running but I would most certainly enjoy some help! You can contact me on Discord Witchy Ishy#0721 or you can PM me here any time you wish!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.