pronounsshe/her
129written posts
Y A M S ! ! !earned bits
offlinecurrently
Y A M S ! ! !
Y A M S ! ! ! Avatar
hnnnngh
verbatim Avatar
if a visual novel doesn't explicitly show or say who the protag is & it has romance in it i pretend its gay

i don't like in vns where it 'shows' the protag but it's just a grey blob or they go out of their way to make them as featureless as possible

either design the character or don't
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
Y A M S ! ! ! Avatar
verbatim Avatar
if a visual novel doesn't explicitly show or say who the protag is & it has romance in it i pretend its gay

i don't like in vns where it 'shows' the protag but it's just a grey blob or they go out of their way to make them as featureless as possible

Same. I really dislike it when VNs hide the character's eyes in CGs as well. You already went through with designing the rest of the character. Is seeing the protag's eyes really that immersion breaking?
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
Y A M S ! ! ! Avatar

Same. I really dislike it when VNs hide the character's eyes in CGs as well. You already went through with designing the rest of the character. Is seeing the protag's eyes really that immersion breaking?

I love when they don't give the protagonist eyes though, that's the best part. Like they say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, but homegirl doesn't even have eyes. Like really, imagine being an npc in the game where the richest, most handsome bachelor falls in love with something like this (click). I don't want to put the image in the img brackets cause I don't wanna spam recent posts w/ some eyeless protag. Plus I don't know if scopophobia is still a thing? If it's even spelled properly... But please give me all the faceless protagonists, I just like to imagine them and their chosen route having kids and someone looking at the protag like, "They have your eyes."

Edit: I also love it cause it's like, "When you realize you still have the other eye to draw." Like if I have to draw two eyes and make them symmetrical, well sorry gurl, she ain't gettin' any eyes.
last edit on Dec 1, 2018 5:27:46 GMT by Deleted
pronounsshe / her
396written posts
Ven ☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven ☆
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven ☆ Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
There's a reason why I prefer certain genres of games: when I know it has a ton of collectible in-game stuff + achievements + is set like a jrpg, then I know it's personally good. Oof.

Problem is my completionist tendencies tend to make me stay for too long in one area and overgrind my levels waaaaaay beyond what's normal at that point.

the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,360written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

i have played through dragon age:inquisition at least 9-10 times and not only do i end up playing the same class/gender/race but i tell myself i'm going to romance someone else and then i meet dorian.
pronounsshe/her
129written posts
Y A M S ! ! !earned bits
offlinecurrently
Y A M S ! ! !
Y A M S ! ! ! Avatar
hnnnngh
verbatim Avatar
Y A M S ! ! ! Avatar
i am deep in smash hell

and stardew multiplayer coming to switch in a few days...

rip free time
it comes out tomorrow

we're gunna make Lesbian/Bi Solidarity Farm and get rich as hell
pronounsthey/them
103written posts
verbatimearned bits
offlinecurrently
verbatim
verbatim Avatar
iota Avatar
verbatim Avatar
double post but, psn is having a sale on the suikoden games meaning my dreams of them bringing suikoden 5 to me might be coming true
I. LOVE. SUIKODEN V! It's probably my absolute favourite game. I managed to snag it for $12 in an auction when, at the time, they were being sold between $80-$160 for just the disc.

EVERYONE. GO PLAY SUIKODEN V NOW. IT'S A MUST.

Game confessions:
-1 I've never played Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (PS1) without a gameshark :| (but it's my favourite HM, so I should play it without gameshark one day XD)

-2 I almost never finish a game because "the end" makes me a sad panda :c

-3 Sometimes, I'll play on the easiest setting just to get the story and tell myself "it's okay, you'll play it on normal mode or hard mode once you've beaten the game." Needless to say, I never do. :|

-4 My 11 year old niece shows me up by playing the hardest settings on games and finding it so easy to the point it's boring for her. :| (Meanwhile, I reminisce when she was 3 and playing Mariokart terribly XD)

-5 I always want new games, but when I peruse game articles and shops, etc., nothing appeals :c /very specific tastes apparently
i only play games on easy and give no fucks abt it anymore
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,231written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
it makes me sad that i love overcooked 2 so much when literally all of my other friends either don't own it, don't like it, or refuse to play it with me :c
last edit on Dec 12, 2018 23:14:24 GMT by Kuroya

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
sometimes i wanna play games with friends but just not talk to them, so that's exactly what i do. it's selfish and everyone i know dislikes it, but iunno. talking is effort and it means i can't multitask anything else. sometimes what i'd like most is just to play the game, listen to/do something else at the same time, and just know that it's you.
last edit on Dec 16, 2018 13:50:28 GMT by Deleted