write a reply

gamer confessions

pronounsthey/them
103written posts
verbatimearned bits
offlinecurrently
verbatim
verbatim Avatar
we have confession threads for essentially everything else, might as well have one for the gamers too.

i'll kick it off with a simple one, the ability to be gay or have gay romances will make a game essentially an instabuy for me if i was previously on the fence about it. especially if its an rpg.
pronounsany pronouns
268written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo...
If I really like the game, I refuse to finish it... since that means it'll be The End™ of it. It makes absolutely zero sense, but I'll usually 100% everything up until the final boss/battle and then I just... stop.
pronounsthey/them
103written posts
verbatimearned bits
offlinecurrently
verbatim
verbatim Avatar
forte Avatar
If I really like the game, I refuse to finish it... since that means it'll be The End™ of it. It makes absolutely zero sense, but I'll usually 100% everything up until the final boss/battle and then I just... stop.
this 100% like, im sitting on so many games just at the cusp of being beaten but i can't bring myself to finish them all the way. i do the same thing w/ tv shows...
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I've never 100% finished a game. I finish the storyline, post-story missions, and then boom. I don't collect one of everything, I don't fight that secret boss, I don't do anything like that unless it absolutely piques my interest. (Or I will make an attempt like I did in KH2:FM to fight the Lingering Will/Terra + Mushroom XIII or in KH:DDD to fight Julius, but I didn't win.)

Plus, I can never pick "mean" options in dialogue.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,494written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
I play primarily RPGs because - unless you're going for, like, secret ultra bosses - there's actually not a lot of... skill involved... Like, struggling with a boss? Level grind for an hour and kick its butt. The only exceptions to this are Touhou (for the waifus), and Project Diva, where I can flount my Extra Extreme Perfects to people who really just don't care. Otherwise, like... I'm just so horrible at video games. The worst.

I love grinding - which might solely be because of how many RPGs I've played and fallen in love with and I had to force myself to like it, but these days, it's just very... relaxing. Shut your brain off, watch enemies die. I can level grind for hours without getting bored, and it's honestly super cathartic for me. Being a stressy depressy? Fire up some Pokemon or FFX and just mindlessly run through random encounters. Nice.

aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
615written posts
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒earned bits
offlinecurrently
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
Part of the Furniture
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.

i obsess over games where you can collect ingredients and make new things from them (e.g., atelier meruru, fantasy life). i can and will play them for so long that my eyeballs are dry and burning in my skull. but i fuckin suck at games that require more skill than > select move, deal damage, win match. i wanted so bad to be into like, breath of the wild bc cooking!!! but i just... failed so bad. i don't have the patience. but maybe someday...

also, ditto on forte's confession of not finishing games i'm really into. i will go through the effort of looking up the end so i'm not completely out of the loop, but i also flat out refuse to finish my save files if i get too attached to any aspect of said game. hell, i will even replay the game up to the same point and quit again, just so i can relive the greatness. *edna mode voice* no ends!

pronounsshe/her
17written posts
pollyearned bits
offlinecurrently
polly
polly Avatar
my interest in video games has severely declined through working in the industry. i feel like my soul has been sucked out of me and maybe i'm just bitter towards the industry and the whole process that when i see a game i'm like "ok how many people have cried and wanted to die bc of this game" :u
pronounsthey/them
103written posts
verbatimearned bits
offlinecurrently
verbatim
verbatim Avatar
i wish more games had autobattle. i love grinding up to a point but i also just like letting the characters run through and get stuff done without me having to pay attention to the 9348347 goblin ive smashed in the head so i can have its bones.