398written posts
Ven ☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven ☆
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven ☆ Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
first salary and what do I get:

the Bantam Classics version of Dante's Purgatorio. Yes, the one with the OG Italian text on the left side of the pages.

Actually I wanted Inferno but they don't have Inferno in stock, wtaf, so how'm I supposed to read THIS without the PREQUEL? OTL

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I am so sad that I wasn't active on this site from the get-go now because I have a BILLION things I could talk about with Mara Dyer. For the LONGEST time I wanted to make an RPG based on it, but at the same time I just...don't know, not enough people know of it or are involved with it! But it's so fascinating! I love the way that Michelle brought mental disorders into a world of superpowers. Plus the way that Mara is, she's not the clear cut hero, honestly it was so refreshing to read something from the perspective of a victim that fought back hard! Everything about her makes me so freaking happy! I almost can't stand how happy it makes me! That's why I have such an issue with the Noah Shaw Trilogy. I mean I've only read the first book but I'm just not all that interested in Noah's time without Mara. Mara was the BEST part of that series, and it just sucks that she's not as involved in the sequel! Like...JUST BRING MARA BACK! SHE'S THE SELLING POINT OF THE STORY!
25written posts
macaronearned bits
offlinecurrently
macaron
macaron Avatar
sister ghoul Avatar
, i actually just bought the midnight in the garden of good and evil from the thrift store yesterday! i'm so psyched to read it >B)

edit: would anyone be interested in starting a book club or book discord server with me?

I'd def join a book discord server!
pronounsShe/Her
44written posts
rafflesiaearned bits
offlinecurrently
rafflesia
rafflesia Avatar
Right now I'm reading Someone Who Will Love You in All Your Damaged Glory: Stories by Raphael Bob-Waksberg because of my current adoration of his content (Tuca and Bertie, Bojack Horseman).

My current favorites are; the Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin (I just...can't get into Noah's book, it bores me, Mara was definitely the better main character!), and the Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas. One book that recently got a sequel that I'm reading at the moment is; The Two Princesses of Bamarre. But that's also my "I'm in a really upset mood and need to be away from people" book, and one of the few physical books that I own (everything else is epub or mobi format for my kindle or phone!)
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW