write a reply

Post a Random Thought

0written posts
fossa cant be assed to loginearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa cant be assed to login
Guest Avatar
rabbitears Avatar
"kill me" isn't funny, isn't cute, isn't 'a mood', it's fucking serious shit. don't make light of suicidal ideation.
as someone who deals w depression and suicidal ideation on the regular and has friends who deal with it on the regular: this is just dark humor for some people.

there are plenty of times when im feeling fine, a friend suggests something dumb, and i'll jokingly say i'd rather die. a creep hit on me and i literally said he'd have a higher chance if he was an actual serial killer.

it's cool if ur uncomfortable with it and u should tell people that (and they should respect u for not liking this) but im sure plenty of people saying kill me are probably dealing with the same issues and just making light of their own shitty situation.

(i could get into how this can however be an unhealthy coping mechanism but ill spare everyone)
pronounsshe/her
404written posts
scyllaearned bits
offlinecurrently
scylla
scylla Avatar
Oct 19, 2020 16:06:51 GMT fossa cant be assed to login said:
rabbitears Avatar
"kill me" isn't funny, isn't cute, isn't 'a mood', it's fucking serious shit. don't make light of suicidal ideation.
as someone who deals w depression and suicidal ideation on the regular and has friends who deal with it on the regular: this is just dark humor for some people.

there are plenty of times when im feeling fine, a friend suggests something dumb, and i'll jokingly say i'd rather die. a creep hit on me and i literally said he'd have a higher chance if he was an actual serial killer.

it's cool if ur uncomfortable with it and u should tell people that (and they should respect u for not liking this) but im sure plenty of people saying kill me are probably dealing with the same issues and just making light of their own shitty situation.

(i could get into how this can however be an unhealthy coping mechanism but ill spare everyone)

yo fossa be hitting it home with me
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
Kei ⚸ Avatar
people ask how i type with acrylic stiletto nails and i tell them i just use my phalanges in a different way on the keyboard, idk

last edit on Oct 19, 2020 19:18:58 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,800written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
rabbitears Avatar

As a person who has depression and works with people with depression, I understand how on the base level it could be seen as insensitive and callous. However, some people use humor as a coping mechanism and it helps them feel a bit more at peace. While it can seem maladaptive at the least, I found humor is the easiest coping mechanism that most people fall into. I personally use humor in all manners to make me feel a bit more connected to humanity and emotions than I would anything else.

I use all kinds of really dark humor.

I understand that it might be uncomfortable so I always ask and press on others even if it makes them uncomfortable to tell me what words, phrases, or topics might genuinely make them upset. I have one friend who doesn't like topics about alcohol or pills. I have another friend who doesn't like mentions of the 'end'. If you're uncomfortable and a friend keeps saying these topics, please reach out to them and say it bothers you.

I just wouldn't paint a large brush on those who use those terms, even jokingly, because it might make them feel a little bit better for all of the quick seconds it can. They might not be making light of a situation, only wishing to feel something briefly or make people laugh.

And in less depression-related talk, my behind is finally home from the hospital after 95 years. I'm not leaving my comfort pillow-cat-fort for a week. No more needles! - I say, laughingly, in diabetic.
269written posts
Kei ⚸earned bits
offlinecurrently
Kei ⚸
Kei ⚸ Avatar
Don't depend on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you're in the dark
elli Avatar
Kei ⚸ Avatar
people ask how i type with acrylic stiletto nails and i tell them i just use my phalanges in a different way on the keyboard, idk
this is literally me tho
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,800written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
When my neighbor mistakes me continuing a minecraft meme from their child as we would be good friends.

No, mam, me singing a minecraft parody doesn't make me at all friends with your crotch goblin, please and thank you.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW