Reconciling a Disney Panfandom's world?

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
SO I'm in the process of figuring out a very slice of life, laid back Disney animated panfandom type forum(WELL, Disney and a couple of other film makers), but I'm running into a sort of problem?

I want to have...Factions...Like groups or "kingdoms" or something to separate the different settings...IDK how to explain it...

Like a Fantasyland for all of the characters in a castles and medieval-ish setting, Tangled, Cinderella, Brave, etc.

Then like Animal Kingdom for the films with predominantly animal characters ala The Lion King and such...

But then you have futuristic films like Meet the Robinsons and such....How do I consolidate it all into a coherent world?

Should I put everyone in a modern setting and have this be a Disney Panfandom modern au? Or go opposite and set everything in a fantasy castles and kingdoms setting? 

Or should I split everything up and have there be a way to get from place to place...

I'm just mostly looking for advice on how might be the most interesting and intuitive way to handle this! Thanks for looking!
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
personally? i would actually channel a lot of that disney feel and make it kind of... like a city version of the magic kingdom park (or the zootopia where they had all the different biomes oops). you have sections of the city that's the fantasyland, sections that are more for the animal kingdom type, and then a few other ones like the futuristic and such. maybe even make it that this city was built to house the characters after they all came to life and all that?

....... look man, i've just been playing with this idea for a little while now (since batim finished actually), and i really like the idea of it, so i'm more than happy to pass it along to a good home where it would make sense and be super fun to play in, so. yeah.

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
OOOH Man that's an idea I never thought of! Making it a city with different zones and biomes could be SO FUN, and it would allow characters a more easy way to intermingle and interact, which is the main feel I'm wanting for this, Disney characters interacting with characters they wouldn't normally interact with!

Honestly I'm open to whatever ideas you have and are willing to share, this is an idea I've wanted to play with for SO LONG so I wanna make it fun!
pronounsShe/Her
14written posts
Vervainearned bits
offlinecurrently
Vervain
Vervain Avatar
i stay awake again tonight / maybe tomorrow night, too
I don't know if you're still in need of advice on this, but I'd say organization is key. For me, personally, when I go to sites with separate locations (whether it's a roleplay taking place on opposite sides of the world or simply different biomes of a city, it's good to have clean, clearly shown separations between them especially if the differences are stark and can mean wildly different outcomes (like, say Cinderella goes to the Animal biome and gets face to face with Simba. That wouldn't be particularly pretty.)

It's really just based on what you'd prefer. If you'd like it set in an actual fantasy setting, go for it. If you want it to be a modern au, go for it. The most important thing is what you want in a site. Right after, of course, organization. If you want different 'biomes,' in lack of a better word, to interact pretty much on the daily, I'd say just make them different boards with landmarks spread out across each of them. If not? Different categories is the way to go, especially if it's going to be a sort of "choose your side" style faction thing. Way easier for roleplayers to find what they're looking for, that way.

Sorry if this is late or didn't help at all xD just thought I'd pop in.
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
Vervain Avatar
I don't know if you're still in need of advice on this, but I'd say organization is key. For me, personally, when I go to sites with separate locations (whether it's a roleplay taking place on opposite sides of the world or simply different biomes of a city, it's good to have clean, clearly shown separations between them especially if the differences are stark and can mean wildly different outcomes (like, say Cinderella goes to the Animal biome and gets face to face with Simba. That wouldn't be particularly pretty.)

It's really just based on what you'd prefer. If you'd like it set in an actual fantasy setting, go for it. If you want it to be a modern au, go for it. The most important thing is what you want in a site. Right after, of course, organization. If you want different 'biomes,' in lack of a better word, to interact pretty much on the daily, I'd say just make them different boards with landmarks spread out across each of them. If not? Different categories is the way to go, especially if it's going to be a sort of "choose your side" style faction thing. Way easier for roleplayers to find what they're looking for, that way.

Sorry if this is late or didn't help at all xD just thought I'd pop in.
This actually is some really good insight, thank you for the response! I'm really liking the idea of a sort of disney parks-esque city sort of situation, where they're all at least somewhat in range, since I'm going for a place where these wildly different characters can meet. Animal characters will probably be capable of human speech for the sake of ease(plus now I need Cinderella to run across Simba because that'd be fairly hilarious). But IDK...Thinking about a modern setting...Maybe I'll throw up a couple of interest checks for the various ways this could work, and see what other people might want most. Because honestly I like all of the ideas, so choosing might be easier if I have an idea what people would WANT.

I really appreciate all the responses though, you've given me some good things to springboard with!