A Late Welcome! <3

pronounsShe / Her
70written posts
Blossomearned bits
offlinecurrently
Blossom
Blossom Avatar
Blonde to the bone
...I just realized there was an introductory board after I stopping lurking in the shadows of the community and posted stuff. LOL. So, hello all! I'm sure some of you have see me around a lot on PP, and I thought it would make sense to introduce myself a little more. Feel free to call me Blossom or Bloss - whatever is easier to type out! c: Some people call me Blossominu too, as it's my discord tag and a shameless reference to InuYasha with the last bit.

Unfortunately, I've never really learned or have time to learn coding, but I can edit small parts of pre-existing templates I know, mind-blowing xD. The codes on PP are all so gorgeous, though, I can't help myself. I think they're even better than WW at times, which made me really excited to join! Although I've only done super-simple things, I have actually worked with some graphic design, and hope I can get tips from you all; I'll love to improve and practice, and it will especially help my art, too!

Some more personal things about myself- I'd die for anything Japanese, but I actually haven't seen much anime - it's been mostly the same few shows throughout my life, I think. I started with Pokemon and Studio Ghibli's Nasacaa when I was only four years old, though!

- I've only been RPing for...only over a year!? Which I know sounds absolutely crazy, but I've always written unfinished stories and created characters since I was a wee child, so roleplaying was a no-brainer to get into. I also did the, ahem, "*picks up chair and smacks you*" and ":eats salad:" type of 'roleplaying' on Animal Jam as a preteen. LOL. But I definitely don't consider that to be writing. So far I've done cat cult Warriors RP and recently got into one of my friend's sites that is a slice-of-life animanga, and...I think I'm enjoying it a lot more than the previous, haha.

-I recently got into succulents and plants, so I've been sort of crazy about those for the past three months! Sadly I can't afford to buy every existing succulent like I wanted, lol, so I just have my little aloe plant at the moment, but he's very cute. I also have some lucky bamboo! which was the gateway drug into my plant addiction.

-I'm homeschooled, so I have very a very weird schedule, despite being in the EST timezone! And as my friends know...I am quite the night owl as well, so don't be scared if Bloss rises from the depths of sleep deprivation and likes your post at 5:00AM. c;

I actually get really nervous and often ghost resource sites, but you've all been so welcoming and fun that I can't wait to post more on here! :0 Thanks for reading this... wall of text, as well. I hope to have a great time on here!!
last edit on Feb 21, 2019 22:31:51 GMT by Blossom
pronounsshe/her
239written posts
swanskiearned bits
offlinecurrently
swanski
swanski Avatar
To eat or ... to eat ...
Hey, ! You sound absolutely fascinating. Honestly. :) As a fairly new person, it's nice to get to know existing members without sounding like a creeper. LOL! Everyone here has been very welcoming though. Sometimes it's hard to get into a group that's already well established.

You should share some of your codes and graphics. I love seeing what people do. I dabble in both, but some of the designers here are amazing!

Honestly, I think most of us have at one point done the one-liner RPs. That's how I started. For me, it was Harry Potter.

Do you like being homeschooled?? I always wondered that.

Anyway, that's me crashing your intro thread. LOL.

EDIT: OMG! I forgot to mention that I have a succulent too! I have one and I love it. I got it for my bday. I didn't think I would. I want to get more. Overall, though, I don't have a green thumb. I kill everything. Maybe that's why I love my succulent so much. Low maintenance. LOL
last edit on Feb 21, 2019 23:17:23 GMT by swanski
pronounsShe / Her
70written posts
Blossomearned bits
offlinecurrently
Blossom
Blossom Avatar
Blonde to the bone
Ahh, hello, !! Thank you, that's so sweet! I'm glad to know a little more about you, too, as well without being creepy. xD I'm glad that I took to PP easily, even if it's a little hard to fit into my schedule, haha.

Oh, I should sometime! I really only have my old...very...ugly... graphics from when I was only thirteen, but once I make a few new designs I'll definitely share them. c: I super-recently made this banner code mock-up on gimp, for a commission/request my friend is doing, so I'm pretty happy with it! I don't have any codes, sadly, besides minor edits on a site skeleton. But I'd for sure love to see your work!

Ahhh one-liner RPs. That's a better title for it. I just tell others that "it was like the r/creepyasterisks subreddit" but I feel like the other one would be easier to explain, lol! It's fun to know that others did it too.

And I really enjoy being homeschooled - I get asked that quite a bit actually! It's a really flexible schedule that i always take advantage of lol, and a lot less work, but overall I learn more, too, with my mom guiding my through it. I take art classes occasionally as well, so I get some other skills as well~ The only downside is that I don't meet as many people, so that's where the internet comes in!

ALSO YOU HAVE A SUCCULENT!? That's SO CUTE. I definitely recommend having more, because...you really can't have enough. xD Although it takes a while, you could always propagate leaves of your plant for more, tinier ones as a cheaper option (maybe not as quick, but still!). I also love the low maintenance sooo much! I've also been interested in hydroponic gardening, since pretty much all you do is add water every few days, and it's very minimal effort too. Which, naturally, is perfect for me haha I highly recommend it!
pronounsshe/her
239written posts
swanskiearned bits
offlinecurrently
swanski
swanski Avatar
To eat or ... to eat ...
Blossom Avatar
Ahh, hello, !! Thank you, that's so sweet! I'm glad to know a little more about you, too, as well without being creepy. xD I'm glad that I took to PP easily, even if it's a little hard to fit into my schedule, haha.

Oh, I should sometime! I really only have my old...very...ugly... graphics from when I was only thirteen, but once I make a few new designs I'll definitely share them. c: I super-recently made this banner code mock-up on gimp, for a commission/request my friend is doing, so I'm pretty happy with it! I don't have any codes, sadly, besides minor edits on a site skeleton. But I'd for sure love to see your work!

Ahhh one-liner RPs. That's a better title for it. I just tell others that "it was like the r/creepyasterisks subreddit" but I feel like the other one would be easier to explain, lol! It's fun to know that others did it too.

And I really enjoy being homeschooled - I get asked that quite a bit actually! It's a really flexible schedule that i always take advantage of lol, and a lot less work, but overall I learn more, too, with my mom guiding my through it. I take art classes occasionally as well, so I get some other skills as well~ The only downside is that I don't meet as many people, so that's where the internet comes in!

ALSO YOU HAVE A SUCCULENT!? That's SO CUTE. I definitely recommend having more, because...you really can't have enough. xD Although it takes a while, you could always propagate leaves of your plant for more, tinier ones as a cheaper option (maybe not as quick, but still!). I also love the low maintenance sooo much! I've also been interested in hydroponic gardening, since pretty much all you do is add water every few days, and it's very minimal effort too. Which, naturally, is perfect for me haha I highly recommend it!

That mock-up looks great!! I'm sure it totally helped your friend out for the commission/request. I love seeing things like that though even if they are never coded. I try to do mock-ups before I code, but because I'm not a great coder, my layout ends up looking slightly different from the mock-up. LOL

Yesss one-liners and asterisk rp (though I also called it cbox rping) I think we have all bee there. Those were the times though... Then I went through a phase where I had to write 1000+ words. LOL Now I just write what I feel is right. There's really no need for pressure when it comes to RP since it's all just for fun!

I dooo have ONE succulent! I got it for my birthday. I love it and I love how it's grown! For some reason, mine has grown upwards even though it's supposed to spread out and grow that way. Someone suggested I put it in a bigger pot, but I love the way it looks now. I may get more though especially since my cats don't chew on them. My cats chew on every other plant. LOL. I should look into hydroponic gardening. Thanks!!!