PHP QUESTION

PHP QUESTION written Mar 4, 2019 23:00:21 GMT via mobile
pronounsshe/her
90written posts
FINITEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FINITE
FINITE Avatar
Depends. Are you wanting to use php in the mix of everything else (so your html and then some php tags and back to html) or to call a file?

If you can host the php file, you can insert Javascript or jQuery to call that file.

After that, though... I have no idea. : D I don't think it'll be very useful for skinning since the page will load before the php finishes in most cases. It's better to stick to front end languages unless you need to load specific data.
54written posts
vulpinaearned bits
offlinecurrently
vulpina
vulpina Avatar
im a plant animal
I was gonna use a mix of html like Header in PHP and footer in PHP and middle is html structure...

Mostly the first than the latter, but either could work. I just wanted to know if it was possible ;o; because when I went into proboards site, it wasn't even possible so I am curious if it is possible now.
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
ProBoards does not support PHP, no.

PHP is a server-side language, and ProBoards does not give you access to the server where your forum is hosted.
last edit on Mar 6, 2019 3:41:53 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.