pronounsMale
1,707written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Howdy! I've recently created a character for a private site that I and a few friends roleplay on together And I'm very interested in playing her more. I've got no problems changing her around a bit to fit the site in question. As long as the changes in don't alter her concept too much. The site also has to be a fantasy one. As I don't believe what I've done with her would work very well anywhere else.

With that being said allow me to tell you about the character.

Sarah has spent the majority of her life striving toward an ideal of goodness taught to her from an early age. You are to be kind to strangers, and empathic towards the problems of others. Turn the other cheek when faced with conflict but remain resolute in your own ideals. She was to put the needs of the group above what she herself desired. Such teachings left her with a rather black and white view of the world around her. It has also left her with a rather lacking sense of self-worth. Often viewing herself as only as good as the assistance she can provide. As such Sarah is often taking on far more than she is actually capable of handling. Frequently working herself to the point of exhaustion because of this.

Sarah has been raised to never think of herself first. As such she has never stopped to think about the things that she herself might want. This fractured understanding of desire puts her in a rather complex situation. This complexity is given further emphasis when one realizes that Sarah has recently begun to explore wanting things for herself. The concept and feelings of desire and want leave her feeling confused. Yet this confusion also beckons her to explore it further. Helped along by her naturally curious and inquisitive nature. This does not mean that Sarah isn't afraid of the unknown. In fact, she is quite scared about exploring the world outside of Advent. She does not let that fear stop her, however. Being of an iron-will and almost stubborn in her resolve. Sarah refuses to let something like being afraid of the unknown stand in her way.

When it comes to most of her interactions with others Sarah is very much a kind and generous person. A soft and charming aura surrounds her that makes it quite easy for others to let their guard down around her. When conversing she is very respectful, especially to those of high-ranking positions. She will use proper ranks and titles should such things be required. While she attempts to make a connection with everyone she meets she often finds herself struggling. Her sheltered upbringing and protection from the outside world have stunned her social skills. As most of her interactions were limited to the nuns and priests that taught her. It can be hard for her to pick up on things like social cues. This has resulted in her being soft-spoken or even timid when first interacting with people.

This aspect of herself often tends to fade away the more time she spends someone. When it does Sarah is revealed to be a rather goofy and lighthearted person in her relaxed state. Being both easily flustered but not afraid to crack lighthearted jokes at the expense of her friends. While certainly friendly towards anyone she meets it's hard for Sarah to label just anyone her friend. Due in part because her life of isolation hasn't given her a chance to interact with others her age. With this in mind if someone should become her friend Sarah would most certainly care for them deeply. Sarah very much falls into the role of a mother hen in social circles. She is protective and worrisome about the people that are closest to her.

Sarah's black and white sense of right and wrong, of good and evil, also puts her at odds with others. She grew up without seeing or being able to understand that there are shades of grey in the world. That no one is purely evil or purely good but rather a mix of both. When these situations and people are presented to her she struggles to comprehend them. She is afraid of them but that very fear makes her interested. She hasn't seen much grey in her life so far. What she has seen has caused her to question her place in the world. A struggle of an internal nature that she hopes to find the answer for. An answer that she hopes to find soon because she does not have much time.

Sarah is dying. The very magic she was told was given to her to help people is the cause of it. The news of this is what triggered Sarah's desire to leave her isolation behind. Everyone's time on earth is limited but Sarah's is more so, and she wants to truly live while she still can. A testament to Sarah's strength of will is in her ability to not let her sickness devalue the joy of being alive. Instead seeking out everything she can before her time runs out. She is, however, very afraid of dying and is terrified of how painful those final moments will be for her. Until then though she will keep on moving forward.

And there you have it! That majority of everything you need to know about Sarah and her personality.

The type of magic that I have associated with Sarah is related to space and the stars. Which, I know can be rather irksome considering how powerful it can be. But in particular Sarah's magic is focused towards the support role. With the main focus of it being the creation of barriers that sparkle in a swirl of various color much akin to a galaxy of stars. She's also heavily focused on healing as well. The only real application of her magic that I know would be an issue would be her ability to increase the gravity place upon objects. But it's something I wouldn't mind omitting.
last edit on Mar 9, 2019 0:35:31 GMT by Mouse
pronounsshe/her
81written posts
Lacunaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lacuna
Lacuna Avatar
we're all dancing to the same sad song
Heya! On the off-chance you haven't already looked through the site, I figured I'd offer MEGA//Sehnsucht! It's an original fantasy where pretty much anything is playable. Read through Sarah's concept and she seems like she'd fit into either the Order of the First Star or Church of Orpheus best. It's not required for characters to join a faction, I just tend to recommend it since being involved in site plot makes it easier to plot drama.

As for her magic, we've no gripes about anything "overpowered" as long as it's interesting to play against and is not being abused. A lot of the characters on Mega are fairly strong, actually, but it's nothing to be intimidated by since the community has no interest in going around killing other people's characters. Plus, the whole "Sarah's magic is killing her" thing seems like a fair trade-off for a bit of extra power.

If you've got any questions about the site, feel free to hop into our discord server and poke around! No pressure to stay after the fact if you find Mega isn't for you.
Looking For A Home written Mar 9, 2019 21:27:52 GMT via mobile
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,707written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Lacuna Avatar
Heya! On the off-chance you haven't already looked through the site, I figured I'd offer MEGA//Sehnsucht! It's an original fantasy where pretty much anything is playable. Read through Sarah's concept and she seems like she'd fit into either the Order of the First Star or Church of Orpheus best. It's not required for characters to join a faction, I just tend to recommend it since being involved in site plot makes it easier to plot drama.

As for her magic, we've no gripes about anything "overpowered" as long as it's interesting to play against and is not being abused. A lot of the characters on Mega are fairly strong, actually, but it's nothing to be intimidated by since the community has no interest in going around killing other people's characters. Plus, the whole "Sarah's magic is killing her" thing seems like a fair trade-off for a bit of extra power.

If you've got any questions about the site, feel free to hop into our discord server and poke around! No pressure to stay after the fact if you find Mega isn't for you.

Ngl I'm really interested in the site and I believe Sarah would fit well there. But the sheer amount of info that needs to be read is kind of intimidating. So I'm a bit hesitant to join.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.