Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","bgboi"]
[attr="class","imgboi"]

[attr="class","txtboi"]
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL - A GEN:LOCK ROLEPLAY

After a swell little break, and some time to sort out where I wanted my muse and energy to go, I'm back with...well, this!

Let The Good Times Roll is a roleplay based on the gen:LOCK mecha series created by Rooster Teeth. The RP pits the forces of the Polity, specifically the Vanguard, against the antagonizing forces of the Union. Armed with advanced military technology and powerful machines, the two sides clash in a global war that will decide the fate of the world.

Setting: Enter the Global Culture War, a worldwide conflict between the Polity and the Union. Ignited by the 2068 attack on New York City, the North American front of the war has been a constant struggle for territory and resources, with the Union pushing into the United States mainland via the eastern coast. Fast forward five years, and the Union has claimed most of US territory over to the 88th Meridian.

Both sides have produced a number of advanced weapons, with a host of walking machines dominating much of their arsenal. Forced to accelerate their own research due to the Union weaponization of Nanobot technology, the Polity advances the gen:LOCK program, searching all around the world for suitable pilots for the unique machines known as Holons.

Planned Features:
-- So far we plan to set the RP roughly two years or so after the first season's canon storyline, and just nixing canon characters and the like for the sake of convenience. Canon Holons are encouraged to be used by those chosen for the gen:LOCK program, but customized units are acceptable.

-- With regards to customization, every machine has the opportunity of modification. The cool thing about the series is that they 3D-print the parts, allowing for tons of aesthetic and weaponized modifications. There will, of course, be some limitations on these things to prevent too many from needing to be done. A lot of the mass-production walkers are really cool on their own.

-- So far, the motives of the Union are unknown apart from them being totalitarian and the "bad guys," so for the time being the RP will be one-sided with the Polity while Union enemies are NPC'd. That said, playing the role of a spy or something (which is possible, just hard, apparently) is totally possible and would be pretty rad tbh.

-- Since we have a ton of material readily available, we don't plan on setting the site up to take very long.

-- The site is being hosted on Proboards, and we're using the re:Operation Mindcrime theme and some templates by until I can make my own or afford to have someone make them for me. ;D

-- I wouldn't say you need to have watched the series to participate in the RP. There's more than enough information to be provided on-site to give you functional knowledge of the world and enough to jump into the RP.

Stay tuned for more.

~K

[attr="class","bottomboi"]

[newclass=.bgboi]width:500px;height:100%;background-color:#fefefe;margin:auto;padding: 0 10px 0 10px;;[/newclass]
[newclass=.imgboi]background:url('https://i.ibb.co/1TTyHxq/bufjds.png');-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 100%, 100% 70%, 100% 0, 0 0, 0 70%);
clip-path: polygon(50% 100%, 100% 70%, 100% 0, 0 0, 0 70%);width:500px;height:200px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bottomboi]width:500px;height:50px;background:#4d4d4d;margin-top:10px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 40%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0 40%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 40%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0 40%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.txtboi]font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:justify;width:450px;border-left:1.5px solid #4d4d4d;border-right:1.5px solid #4d4d4d;padding:10px;margin:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.txtboi b]font-family:Roboto Condensed;font-weight:700;color:#4d4d4d;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Roboto+Condensed:400,700]
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.