Three Site Ideas

77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
got my money on my mind and my mind on my money
I’m tempted to make a site or bring back an old one since I have time on my hands again. Buuuuut I’m not really sure what site I want to kick to life so thought I’d share my thoughts and let you pick.

So the first one is to revive my old site “Last to Fall.” It was a desert post apocolyptic site on jcink. You could play as humans or as mutated superhumans. The mutants would be able to level up their superhuman abilities through the use of these radioactive gemstones, while the few humans that wanted such abilities would go mad if they ever injested or injected them into their bodies. There was also different communities within the wasteland that folk could create, join, and manage and gain benefits from. And wild mutant creatures or bounties you could hunt down for different rewards.

my second idea is a newer one that I’ve been pondering about for a few months now. It’s a pokemom/high fantasy hybrid with all original enviroments and creatures (all which I hope to draw out. Some have already been designed.) People can play from a range of 5 species, each with their own specialties and dominance on different lands. 4 different regions or enviroments, and start off with 16 creatures to fight or tame (like in pokemon but also like in monster hunter and monster hunter stories). And the amount of creatures in the world would slowly increese over time. (I technically have 23 creatures already designed, just need to finalize their art and abilities.

In this world I was also thinking of having reginal dominance that would shift around depending on participation. People can pick what region their characters are registered to despite their birthplace or race.

And my third idea was to revive my monster hunter site, Potlock. The plot of the site is oddly similar to monster hunter world (which I know folk are more familiar with) mixed along with a similar arch in monster hunter 4. I kinda feel lazy about explaining it but basically you get to play as a hunter who can hunt down giant monsters with giant weapons or possibly with a tamed giant monster of your own.

If any of these interest you let me know. Can also bounce ideas with me or ask for more details on any one site.
Three Site Ideas written Apr 22, 2019 23:33:56 GMT via mobile
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
I feel like I remember you on the c-box which is super odd cause I mostly remember folk from their characters. But yeah! I feel like I have a special spot in my heart for those two site ideas since I already worked so hard on them. Though if I ever decide to repoen either of the two they’ll likely go through a massive overhaul. Mostly cause I’m older and know my own limits and would strongly like to work around them lol.
Three Site Ideas written May 1, 2019 10:21:18 GMT via mobile
77written posts
offlinecurrently
Billz billz billz
Billz billz billz Avatar
So after thinking it over, I’ve been leaning more towards the monster hunter site revival since it is a bit more light hearted in theme and well...I am a fanatic and seeing how there might be new fans thanks to world I wouldn’t mind getting in touch with them and do some rping.

I’ll repurpose my older site Potluck for it so it will be on proboards. I’ll just need to relearn coding or maybe pay someone to make me a skin.

I also hope to overhaul a lot of the old content to make it more friendly to folks who were never into thr fandom. Add small ecology lists and hunting “styles” as additional content. The small ecology lists will help to give an idea what to expext in certain areas so members aren’t under or overwhelmed and seasoned fans can be happy to expect monsters not listed in the ecology at any given time.

Guilds will have an overhaul too. Before I had it so members can make their own quests. I might keep it but was also thinking of having the majority of the quests cycle in and out from month to month so there’s fresh content for people. And also include a bi-monthly map expansion and site events connected to massivly god sizes monsters.

Been also toying with the idea of allowing volunteer moderating and giving rewards to people who do it. Higher rewards to those who can mod a thread to completions. This will obviously only apply to general quests and not events.

I’m definitally keeping monster riders!!! With monster hunter stories, I have a more solid and canon way of managing it rather than the ambiguous monster charms I had before. Though in a way the concept is still comicly similar. Only thing is is monster tamers/riders will only bond with a single monster. I’ll even starte that members can use any of the monsters from the ecology for their partners so anyone unfamiliar with all the monsters don’t have to worry at all. And seeing how there’s so many sub-species of monsters, if people want oddly colored or give them different elemental abilities, go for it!

And I guess the last section would be playable species. There will hopefully be a fun selection of different species people can play. There is one that I’ved toyed around in my mind that I still feel on the fence about and it’s “Monster Kin”. Basicaly a species of hybrid like folk with the monsters so someone could have rathalos features like horns and winged arms, maybe a tail and a mildly firely breath -shrugs- I’m still thinking about them and wondering if they may be op but I guess there’s obvious weaknesses to them as there’s permenant elemental strengths and weaknesses??? So said rathalos kin would have a hard time fighting against water or ice monsters??? Dunno.

That’s really all I have to share for now. Maybe as I start to get further along on it I’ll set up a discord and let folk chat and even contribute to the site. If you have any thoughts at this point don’t be shy to let me know!!!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.