nother pogeyman interest check lol

6written posts
solearned bits
offlinecurrently
sol
sol Avatar
Ha ha another pokemon interest check let’s go

Core Ideals
  • Solarpunk genre: rebels fighting for a greener, sustainable future and uncovering the lies of the current ways 
  • Pokémon aren’t just window dressing: include Pokémon in all facets of life, remember how they are tied with the environment and how Pokémon and humans encourage each other to grow 
  • Hope: no matter how twisted ideas become or dim the future seems, everyone should be able to find and hold onto hope 
  • Greys: that hope people grab at may not come from the most pure of places. Being able to care for your family or improve the world is not always a clear cut decision 

Some quick general rules (open to change)
  • Short character profile, no need for staff approval, slap it all into the same thread as your other characters if you want 
  • No character limit, no bans on certain types
  • FCs optional, be it anime, comics, avatar maker, or something you drew yourself 
  • Kind of ‘canon roles’ but not hard set - if someone wants to be Leader of Generic Evil Team then yeah we’d only have one of those and make note of it. Except if that person wants to be Evil Team Leader Power Couple or something. Or you actually want five different area leaders of a certain biome. That’s up to y’all to figure out among yourselves.
[/b]
  • Pb? Jcink? tumblr?
  • gjinka/morphs/anthros
  • Playable pokemon
  • Real world AU, or Pokemon world
  • Canon pokemon characters
  • Freely pick pokemon or have a sort of… starter pool/guidelines on what you can pick/lists of what you can find and befriend in the city

A Brief Look at the City
Welcome to Soltopia, a multigenerational experiment on how humans and pokemon can better live together with more sustainable practices. Highlights of the city include:
- multiple biomes with controlled weather to allow a variety of pokemon to live comfortably
- strict pokeball laws to allow pokemon to live without a human master
- community gardens and resource sharing
- the world's most widespread trial and development of artificial meat creation
- the world's first trial of the Pokemon Translator Collar

• Think Ryme City meets Zootopia: a sprawling city of multiple biomes maintained by machinery and pokemon alike
  • ‘Soltopia’, the Green City of the Future! 
  • Soltopia set itself up to be this revolutionary sustainable green city system but is really a consumerist paradise full of inflated ecotourism and keeping wild pokemon forcibly docile.
  • Lots of very clean cut shiny white buildings and crystal clear glass, manicured lawns and perfectly trimmed trees and hedges
  • The ‘dirty’ parts of the city are full of people who joined the experiment earnestly wanting to be in a green city. All that dirt and grim is just a natural product of having so many plants around: lichen, moss, mess from wild birds and bats, bugs everywhere.

Story Seasons
  • A story season lasts 3 months, with a month to wrap related threads up, gather summaries, and decide how the IC world has been changed and where things are going next (times up for adjustment depending on the community needs)
  • Participation directly in the current season and/or events is purely optional, however people should keep abreast of happenings for things like a new public space being opened or the death of a major figure
  • Everyone can have a say on the next season, not just those that actively participate in the previous one
  • Members can play as NPC groups involved in a season without having to create a fully fleshed out character. They are also free to actually fully complete that NPC and have them as their character, and vice versa with characters they don’t want anymore

Battle Mechanics
  • look im not gonna lie i dont plan on doing a lot of numbers and shit, I play DnD and if I wanted a bunch of number systems I’d just run the PTU system, I’ve run text dnd and it was a slog
  • A battle should always serve some kind of narrative building purpose, it’s not raw power it’s developing characters and the situation blah blah this isn’t a dick measuring contest, what serves the story? Talk to others before and during on the direction of the story.
  • sorry im old and tired and if i wanted to grind numbers i’d play an actual video game
  • So there isn’t really anything here from me, what would people who would play in this setting and idea want re: mechanics?

[/ul]
17written posts
dyfaluearned bits
offlinecurrently
dyfalu
dyfalu Avatar
It looks like great minds think alike! This is similar to what I was thinking. I think it can do with a little grit.

I'd say yes to playable Pokemon (Gods too) and pokemorphs. If they can develop Pokemon translators, what's a bit of Gene splicing?

And, I'd prefer Jcink. I love the Poketalk stuff!

If you need help, hit me up at dynasty#8770. I ran a Pokemon site for over a decade and know what it takes to make one work.
last edit on May 17, 2019 14:20:28 GMT by dyfalu
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i'm sort of interested in this, depending on how the systems work out exactly (4+ years running pokemon sites has left me super picky on systems) and how some things work out but.

i would also love to see the site on jcink (since tbeh i probably would give it a pass on the other two options) and while i really would rather not see playable pokemon or canons or the potential for mixed faces, as long as i can opt to avoid it, it's fine. (i'm definitely interested in the gijinka / shifter concept though.)

i'm also down for offering advice on systems and all that if you like. i am a bit curious for what you would do for evolutions and for what the minimum activity levels on the site would be (more the latter than the former since that's another make or break aspect for me), as well as voice a small concern about the season/plot setup (since that would get a lot of threads archived from slower posters like me and tbeh i just... don't always keep perfectly on top of site events and usually prefer to do my own thing rather than participate in a wide site plot). so. yeah.

sorry i'm mobile and a lil bit out of sorts oops.

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.