Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
SMOKE & BONE
  • 18+ age requirement.
  • ProBoards.
  • Real life face claims.
  • Semi-historical gothic set in a fictional Victorian era with elements of drama, politics, fantasy and horror.
  • Lax activity rules (post once a month for original characters, and once every 14th day for canons)
  • No site level and no word count.
  • Discord (with a typical 'forum' chat box available on the bottom of the site).

Welcome to Smoke & Bone, a post-by-post roleplaying game where players have the opportunity to permanently shape the world, and shape the futures of the people living within it. We're an original semi-historical gothic roleplay set in a fictional Victorian era. This means that while we have implemented some of the true historical elements as well as people, we have also implemented creative freedom. The site bases itself heavily on drama and politics, with elements of horror and fantasy.

The site will be set sometime in the late 1800th century. Likely somewhere around 1888. The idea blossomed from a single pitch: "Historical gothic meets fictional victorian era -- with Jack the Ripper, Queen Victoria, vamps and vamp hunters". So think Vampire the Masquerade meets Penny Dreadful, without belonging to either of the fandoms.

While there's no set plot right now, the general idea for the site is to focus on politics, drama and world building. For example, the vampires could have their own factions, Alice (Alice in Wonderland) could be the insane leader of some kind of cult, Sherlock Holmes could be running around solving crimes, Jack the Ripper could be running around doing Jack the Ripper stuff. Maybe Sherlock's trying to figure out who Jack is. Abraham Van Helsing could be the leader of a giant vampire hunter faction. Queen Victoria could be sitting on the throne, wondering wtf is going on, or maybe she's a vampire?

Naturally, it's going to end up being a lot more in-depth than this, but it's still a work in progress, and details will be fleshed out more as we go. So, if this is something that would interest you, and you'd like to take part in the creation process, all you've gotta do is reply to this thread or shoot me a PM!

STAFF POSITIONS AVAILABLE
  • Advertisement
  • Application reviewer
  • Archiving
  • Contests/Awards

RACE EXAMPLES
  • Humans
  • Monsters
  • Vampires

HISTORICAL CANONS EXAMPLES
  • Queen Victoria
  • Jack the Ripper
  • Florence Nightingale
  • William Gladstone
  • Charles Dickens
  • David Livingstone
  • John Stuart Mill
  • William Wilberforce
  • Elizabeth Fry Quaker
  • Thomas Clarkson
  • William Booth
  • Emmeline Pankhurst
  • Charles Darwin
  • Alexander Bell
  • George Stephenson
  • Michael Faraday
  • Lord Alfred Tennyson
  • Oscar Wilde
  • Susan B. Anthony
  • Louis Pasteur
  • Marie Curie
  • Sir Richard Francis Burton

FICTIONAL CANONS EXAMPLES
  • Dorian Gray
  • Jack the Ripper
  • Victor Frankenstein
  • Frankenstein
  • Dracula
  • Abraham Van Helsing
  • Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
  • Sweeney Todd
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Dr. John Watson
  • Professor James Moriarty
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Hannibal Lecter
  • Ebenezer Scrooge
  • Oliver Twist
  • Captain Nemo
  • Allan Quatermain

The general idea is that not all the canons will be featured on the site's official canon list (to save ourselves a lot of work, mostly), and people can choose and pick between the already existing ones, but also let the staff know if there's a historical or fictional character they'd like to play that isn't on the list already. 
last edit on Jul 17, 2019 14:44:02 GMT by Deleted
2written posts
basickearned bits
offlinecurrently
basick
basick Avatar
melusine Avatar
Jul 18, 2019 8:25:36 GMT @melusine said:
basick Avatar
this is amazing
Thank you! I'm glad you think so :D
i do, i hope to see the concept become a reality

if i had any knowledge of coding/graphics and the like i'd assist in the creation but sadly
last edit on Jul 21, 2019 20:26:29 GMT by basick
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
basick Avatar
melusine Avatar
Jul 18, 2019 8:25:36 GMT @melusine said:
Thank you! I'm glad you think so :D
i do, i hope to see the concept become a reality

if i had any knowledge of coding/graphics and the like i'd assist in the creation but sadly
Not to worry, haha, I've got the coding stuff down! And the site is still being worked on, though there is no current ETA. So, eventually, I hope to see it become a reality too! :D
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.