[attr="class","mabari-ic-header"]
[attr="class","mabari-ic-header-bg"]

[attr="class","mabari-ic-header-gif"]

[attr="class","mabari-ic-header-title"]
[attr="class","mabari-header"]

mabari.

non-canon dragon age rp

[attr="style","width: 100%; height: 10px; background-color: #ae854d;"]

[attr="style","width: 100%; height: auto; padding: 15px; background-color: #696969; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/qBm0kWR/da-bg.png); background-size: cover; background-position: fixed; background-blend-mode: soft-light; box-sizing: border-box;"]
[attr="style","width: 100%; height: auto; padding: 15px; background-color: #e0e0e0; box-sizing: border-box;"]
[attr="style","width: 100%; height: auto; padding: 25px; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; box-sizing: border-box;"]
[attr="class","mabari-info"]

A small group of us are trying to launch a non-canon Dragon Age role play site on Jcink, and we thought "Why not post an interest check?" If, after reading this post, you're interested in the site, please let us know by leaving a like or comment!

[break][break]

Setting

Ferelden, Thedas

The setting is the Dragon Age universe—more specifically, Ferelden; however, we will have boards for the other nations, e.g. Orlais and Tevinter Imperium. We want the site to be accessible to those of you who haven't played the video games, read the books, whatever, so we're saying good-bye to the canon. Knight-Commander Meredith? I don't know her.

[break][break]

Features

(Subject to change)

Players will be able to create characters with varying experience from novice to master; choose a race, class, and specialization; learn abilities and spells; claim a position of power within a canon or player-made guild (e.g. First Enchanter of the Circle of Magi); and shape the world around them. More features to come.

[break]

Prefer more low-key, "slice of life" role play? We've got you covered. Run an inn, sell your wares in Denerim's market district, tell tales and sing songs in taverns—the possibilities are endless.

[attr="class","mabari-feature"]
[attr="class","mabari-feature-icon"][attr="class","ra ra-double-team"]

[attr="class","mabari-feature-text"]
Classes and specializations. Hack and slash your way through enemies as a Reaver, or raise the dead as a Necromancer.

[attr="class","mabari-feature-icon"][attr="class","ra ra-cat"]

Pets and mounts. Fight alongside a Mabari war hound or ride atop a griffon.

[attr="class","mabari-feature-icon"][attr="class","ra ra-castle-flag"]

Canon and player-made guilds. Join the Grey Wardens order or band together under your own banner.

[attr="class","mabari-feature-icon"][attr="class","ra ra-diamond"]

Questing, crafting, and enchanting systems. Go on an adventure, gather crafting materials, and forge unique weapons.

[attr="class","mabari-feature-icon"][attr="class","ra ra-trophy"]

Achievements. Unlock awards for your activity, inclusion of others, and role play.

[googlefont=Playfair Display:400,700,900]
[googlefont=Poppins:400,600,700,900]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,600,700]

[newclass=.mabari-ic] margin: 0 auto; width: 500px; height: auto; font: 14px Roboto; text-align: justify; background-color: #e0e0e0; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mabari-ic-header] overflow: hidden; position: relative; width: 500px; height: 450px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-ic-header-bg] z-index: 1; position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 500px; height: 450px; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/92qsB7G/mabari-ad.png); [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-ic-header-gif] z-index: 2; position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 500px; height: 450px; background-image: url(https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BetterEnchantingCrane-size_restricted.gif); background-size: cover; mix-blend-mode: color-dodge; opacity: 1; filter: grayscale(100%); animation: holoSparkle 20s ease infinite; @-webkit-keyframes holoSparkle {0% {opacity: 0;}12% {opacity: 1;}70% {opacity: 0.5;}95% {opacity: 0.2;}} [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-ic-header-title] z-index: 3; position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 500px; height: 450px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-header] position: absolute; bottom: 45px; left: 45px; width: auto; height: auto; padding: 15px; text-align: left; border: 1px solid #83949650; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-header h1] font: 900 64px 'Playfair Display', serif; color: #ae854d; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 100%; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-header h2] font: 700 12px 'Poppins', sans-serif; color: #b9bbbe; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mabari-feature] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width: 100%; height: 75px; background-color: #0b0c0e; border-bottom: 1px solid #14181a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-feature-icon] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width: 75px; height: 100%; font-size: 32px; border-right: 1px solid #14181a; box-sizing: border-box; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-feature-text] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: flex-start; width: 425px; height: 100%; color: #b9bbbe; padding: 15px 25px; font: 400 12px 'Poppins', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0.5px; line-height: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-feature-text b, .mabari-feature-icon i, .mabari-feature-text i] color: #ae854d; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mabari-info]font: 13px 'Roboto', sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-info h1] margin: 0; padding: 0; font: 700 24px 'Poppins', san-serif; color: #ae854d; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: -1px; line-height: 100%; text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mabari-info h2]margin: 0px 0px 15px 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px 0px; font: 400 14px 'Poppins', san-serif;color: #333; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 0.5px; border-bottom: 4px solid #d0d0d0; text-align: left;[/newclass]
last edit on Aug 23, 2019 15:18:34 GMT by Deleted
pronounsthey/them
3written posts
k8ieearned bits
offlinecurrently
k8ie
k8ie Avatar
assigned toreador at birth
yes pleeeeeeease. the non-canon part sounds especially lovely. as cute as inquisitors, hawkes and hero wardens can be, let someone else be thedas' problem child for once!! ♥
last edit on Aug 19, 2019 23:00:03 GMT by k8ie
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
pls b jcink

an actual point tho is how do u intend to do crafting/enchanting system? i feel these can go from 'alright this is entertaining' to 'this is tedious and no longer enjoyable' real fast. i also worry about systems becoming overly complicated in regards to both crafting and combat?

that aside i am very excited and happy to see someone at long last making a dragon age site!!
pronounsshe/her
31written posts
mitziearned bits
offlinecurrently
mitzi
mitzi Avatar
fossa Avatar
pls b jcink

an actual point tho is how do u intend to do crafting/enchanting system? i feel these can go from 'alright this is entertaining' to 'this is tedious and no longer enjoyable' real fast. i also worry about systems becoming overly complicated in regards to both crafting and combat?

that aside i am very excited and happy to see someone at long last making a dragon age site!!

yes it's gonna be jcink!!

also these are totally valid concerns and things we've already been thinking about a lot! while we're still working out the specifics, our goal is to keep both crafting & combat as simple and straight-forward as possible to prevent them from taking over the actual rp; because these obviously aren't what the rp is about!! they're a fun & optional add-on and should be treated as such~ 
last edit on Aug 23, 2019 14:55:38 GMT by mitzi
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.