Forum Sub-Boards Different Images Main Board

1written post
endgameearned bits
offlinecurrently
endgame
endgame Avatar
On our board we have an image beside the name of the Sub-Forum. We’d like each subforum to have a different image, but we are having trouble figuring out the code to make this happen. Hoping to get some help or guidance on how we might be able to code this in. We are still very much at the designing phase, but want to make sure everything works before we start building the rest of our content.

For reference to the site: roleplayark.com/

I apologize in advance for the lack of coding in this post. Posting from my phone.
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
It looks like you're using the Board Description Images plugin:

www.proboards.com/library/plugins/item/112

This plugin requires a specific layout to work:

1. A board item that begins with #board-
  2. A .main element that is a child of #board-
  3. A .description element that is a child of .main

For example:

<div id="$[board.content_id]" class="$[board.content_class]">
 <div class="main">
   <p class="link">$[board]</p>
   <p class="description">$[board.description]</p>
 </div>
</div>

You can move the board image once it exists, but it will never be added in the first place without the right structure. Does that make sense? Here is an example of the script I use to move the board image once it's been placed by the plugin.

I also noticed that you're using a script to block right-click, F12, and "save as". I heavily discourage this practice because some users rely on right-click to activate screen readers or other assistive technologies, which you have now blocked them from. This is bad user experience and is considered malicious behavior within the web accessibility community. I recognize that you'd like to protect your code/images/etc. from theft, but please understand that this is not possible. Any resource called on the front-end can be accessed by the user. I still got into the code of your forum to see what was missing in your HTML, literally just by going to Chrome > View > Developer > Developer Tools; most web-savvy people know how to do this without keyboard shortcuts. You're really only hurting your users who have disabilities. I apologize if I sound terse, but I really want to drive home that this is considered bad practice.
last edit on Sept 4, 2019 19:19:18 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.