write a reply

quick...! tell me how to remove a widows peak!

aliaszomb
138written posts
Kayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kay
Kay Avatar
circa Avatar
quick!

tell me how to remove a widows peak.

i know it’s unnatural 🙄

but if you removed yours let me know what you did and if you liked the results.

I, uh, threaded my brother's peak off for a party. It's kinda painful and goes red for a while but the results are worth it if you reaaaally must.
pronounshe/him
158written posts
circaearned bits
offlinecurrently
circa
circa Avatar
what did you see in that dream..? besides young legs...
Kay Avatar
circa Avatar
quick!

tell me how to remove a widows peak.

i know it’s unnatural 🙄

but if you removed yours let me know what you did and if you liked the results.
I, uh, threaded my brother's peak off for a party. It's kinda painful and goes red for a while but the results are worth it if you reaaaally must.
how long before it regrew?
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Depends on how severe it is. If it's not severe, you can just shave the tip off with sheavers and then go over it with a razor (like... for legs) to get rid of the short hairs. It might make you look like your forehead is bigger, but if you're into make up you can contour. I don't have a widow's peak, but I do clean up my hairline (I have very short hair) in a similar way. As for how long it takes my hair to grow back... it basically starts within a couple days(the baby fine hairs), but it takes about a month for it to completely grow back to match my hair length.

You might be able to youtube different solutions, too. (Also, you probably don't want to hear this, but I think Widow's Peaks look really sharp/classy, so maybe consider keeping? Nothing to be ashamed or embarrased about, but that's your decision.)
last edit on Jul 5, 2018 1:21:34 GMT by Deleted
pronounshe/him
158written posts
circaearned bits
offlinecurrently
circa
circa Avatar
iota Avatar
Depends on how severe it is. If it's not severe, you can just shave the tip off with sheavers and then go over it with a razor (like... for legs) to get rid of the short hairs. It might make you look like your forehead is bigger, but if you're into make up you can contour. I don't have a widow's peak, but I do clean up my hairline (I have very short hair) in a similar way. As for how long it takes my hair to grow back... it basically starts within a couple days(the baby fine hairs), but it takes about a month for it to completely grow back to match my hair length.

You might be able to youtube different solutions, too. (Also, you probably don't want to hear this, but I think Widow's Peaks look really sharp/classy, so maybe consider keeping? Nothing to be ashamed or embarrased about, but that's your decision.)
i didn't know that contouring it was even an option (though, this would be new to make and it seemingly appears to take a lot of dedication to do that lol).

well, i'm a black guy so a sharp lining is pretty much cultural aspect for me. though, i do wish to find peace with it. but at the same time i want that crispy edge up. :c
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Ooo, you probably don't wanna use make-up then. You could still make the crisp, cut line with the widow's peak, though. Like this woman cleaned up her hairline with that sharp line that I think you want, while keeping a widow's peak. I think it's basically all about designing how you want your hairline to be. You might need to make some "corrections" with sheavers/razor [sor barber[/s] to make it a crisp line. The cool thing is that it doesn't need to look natural, either example2. You might not be into this particular cut, but example 3.
If you decide you don't like how it looks or it's too small to deal with (like in the 3rd example), could just shave it off without it being noticeable.

The great thing about hair is that it grows back, so if you mess up or want to try a different style, let your hair grow out again (after getting it to a decent state) and try to reapproach it? Maybe go to a barger first if you're not confident/sure, see what he says, get it done, and then just maintain the touch-ups yourself?

Sorry if this isn't helpful!
pronounshe/him
158written posts
circaearned bits
offlinecurrently
circa
circa Avatar
iota Avatar
Ooo, you probably don't wanna use make-up then. You could still make the crisp, cut line with the widow's peak, though. Like this woman cleaned up her hairline with that sharp line that I think you want, while keeping a widow's peak. I think it's basically all about designing how you want your hairline to be. You might need to make some "corrections" with sheavers/razor [sor barber
[/s] to make it a crisp line. The cool thing is that it doesn't need to look natural, either example2. You might not be into this particular cut, but example 3.
If you decide you don't like how it looks or it's too small to deal with (like in the 3rd example), could just shave it off without it being noticeable.

The great thing about hair is that it grows back, so if you mess up or want to try a different style, let your hair grow out again (after getting it to a decent state) and try to reapproach it? Maybe go to a barger first if you're not confident/sure, see what he says, get it done, and then just maintain the touch-ups yourself?

Sorry if this isn't helpful![/quote]

nah you are tons helpful. seeing so many people embrace the widows peak is empowering. at the same time, i feel so indoctrinated that i need it lol like see this old pic at the base of lining in the center, its lightly grayed. and i usually get the lining and keep it pushing. but idk, i should embrace it. we'll see tomorrow when i go to the barbershop. 
pronounshe/him
158written posts
circaearned bits
offlinecurrently
circa
circa Avatar
iota Avatar
Wow, that's a cool style! I love that curve. ♪ Good luck with the du, amigo.~ Whatever you choose, you can always change your mind later. :)
2015 drake inspired look. couldn't pass it up lol

and of course!
aliaszomb
138written posts
Kayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kay
Kay Avatar
circa Avatar
Kay Avatar
how long before it regrew?

Sorry about the wait orz. So usually it depends on the thickness and texture. At the minimum I'd say a week and the most could go up to 4 weeks or more. I didn't pay much attention to how long it took for his to grow back (he's got straight, thick dark hair) but it was a good few days of non-widow peak days.
4written posts
babyearned bits
offlinecurrently
baby
baby Avatar
Um this may not help but my older sister shaves mine honestly. I’m black so my widows peak curls up so it’s easier to cut and my hairline just blends in after that. Omg I probably didn’t help but yeah. You can also go to a barber I’m sure they can figure it out for you if they’re a good one. Like I have really course hair sooo i don’t know but hopefully that helps.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW