phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i just finished a long stint of being subbed to xiv and i have so many feels for my warrior of light all over again after finishing up the shadowbringers main storyline so. i figured why not, let's see if i can rp him because please i want to so badly, i want to do more than just ramble incoherent headcanons to myself in my dms to my friends who tolerate me.

as far as what i'd be looking for in a site - the only mandatory thing i'm going to put as a hard line in the sand is jcink only just because i've been out of proboards for too long to ever go back and i'm not familiar enough with other hosts to want to try them out as well as no real life faces since that would largely defeat the point for me tbeh.

that being said though, like.... imo, i tend to favor more light-hearted sites over darker ones, i tend not to be a huge fan of super conflict-heavy sites or sites with huge plot-driven stuff or large combat systems, i like no word counts and a very easy app process, i'm a fairly slow and inconsistent poster (though i'm trying to get better about that) so lax activity requirements are a huge plus, i'd like a site that's not gonna be a pain in the rear to try to break into for plots as a newbie with no friends to join me, and i'm definitely going to really prefer a casual site that's gonna be chill about me more or less existing in my own little corner for plots if i want to, as it were.

additionally, since i'm adapting a character from final fantasy xiv, i'm obviously gonna prefer sites that are a nonmodern high fantasy setting with magic (though i don't need a hard final fantasy setting, just... one that will let me keep the general race and combat class ideas and storylines i wanna explore tbeh). i'll also take a quick second here to disclaim that original settings are gonna be heavily preferred because i just... don't know a lot of fandoms and the only one i can really think of off the top of my head that i would be able to jam with would be like... danmachi tbeh, oops. i'll also add that while i would love to be able to use screenshots of him from the game so i can yell "that's my boy!" from the distance (since i'm not good enough of an artist to draw him), i do have a workable faceclaim for him (anubis ma'at from kamigami no asobi), so i can work with what i got.

so. character. yes.

my boy cyphrus nevarre is a miqo'te (cat ears, cat tail, some cat-like behaviors) archer/bard who loses his memories when he unlocks his magic to try to protect his family from invaders (and oops doing that got them all killed by accident) and then he flees the scene so he wouldn't be killed and is now trying to figure out his past and clear his name. he also has a pair of pet carbuncles that are like the worst cats ever and he's high-key gay af and he ends up bouncing from being a mage to being an archer again and starts infusing his arrows with magic and just........ tries to live his life and move on from what happened. (i have a few more details about him but a lot of them are xiv-specific so i'll just. keep it a lil bit more general so i can work him in more easily.)

so uh. yeah. that's the key backstory elements i'd like to be able to keep about him and be able to play out, and just. i know it's a little bit of a long shot at the moment, but i'd like to have an outlet while i go back to being unsubbed (especially since oof i have been dying since i had a falling out with my friend who used to rp this with me), so i figured it was worth a shot seeing if i could find anything before i imploded from writing terrible headcanons privately for myself again.
last edit on Feb 20, 2020 3:42:21 GMT by Kuroya

4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
i'm still looking for a site for these two, so please, if you have a fantasy site on jcink where they'd be able to be adapted (and where i wouldn't stick out too much like a sore thumb), hit me up!

4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
bump! i've decided to give up on one of my characters, but i'm still hoping to find a home to adapt my miqo'te bard to!
last edit on Feb 18, 2020 18:58:38 GMT by Kuroya

4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar

thank you for posting, but vaeris is really not what i'm looking for, sorry. best of luck with your site!

i guess i'll toss another bump on this for a home for my catboy archer!
last edit on Mar 18, 2020 22:40:49 GMT by Kuroya