High fantasy adventure, exploration

pronounsThey/them
12written posts
☆Aimon☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
☆Aimon☆
☆Aimon☆ Avatar
So bc it seems like there's a bit of interest, I wouldn't mind trying to put together a high fantasy animanga site!!! 

Some quick details cus I'm a mess q.q

"Classes:" are basically just jobs and a theme your character has! Like. If you're a ninja you can get jutsus and stuff, or you can have your character be a European styled knight that knows different sword techniques. The different job types would be Adventurers, Crafters, and Citizens which would give people a chance to have slice of life threads, be potion brewers, librarians, and tons of other stuff!!! This is so people have options with what their character can  do, as opposed to being locked to pre-made classes they can take inspiration from Final Fantasy. DND, and so on!! Additionally this will keep people that don't want to be adventurers to have fun too!!! But citizens and crafters can go on Expedition quests and still explore with their strong adventurer companions! 

Progression: would be a very minor system, basically exp! Which unlocks new abilities for your character's class/theme! Just so people can get better and stuff over story! Older characters can start at a higher tier, so a pretty simple E through SSS progression! So an older character could start off at maybe C max! With new adventurers/other jobs being E! (I'm addicted to playing old characters and it never makes sense for them to be weaker then younger characters just starting their adventures!) Maybe your character was a serial killer in their homeland and disguised themselves upon arriving to the new lands, and becomes a lovable merchant! 

Premise/Setting: Kind of stealing from West Marches DND campaigns, or monhun! Basically fifty years prior there was a new continent discovered that hasn't really been settled yet cus of strong monsters and mysterious magic! It's considered a neutral zone by the other countries throughout the world (which will be kept vague so people can have Vikings, samurai, knights, and so on!!l) the most advanced tech would be like gunblades, and airships!) Oh! And there will be a hub town obviously, which is closer to a smaller sized capital, which stonework buildings and a decently sized population but nothing huge! Of course, farms, and small villages can sprout up! Even characters can make towns if they want! (Using magic and plot devices so towns dont take years icly to make obviously!)

Plot: at the start the plot will be a lot of exploration and discovering this new land! But it can be triggered by adventurers doing stuff! Like accidentally summoning eldritch abominations or demon clans that have been locked away for centuries!

Races: cus humans are lame :P, but like beastfolk (either nekos from anime to full on beaststars), halfings, half giants, orcs, golems! Pretty much anything that can FC'd (well not like androids, unless you're going for warforged from dnd pretty much!) Races aren't locked to specific classes or jobs either! So you can be a halfling barbarian (chihuahua) or like a half-giant druid! Idk!!!

Uhhh: side quests, hunting for magical items, stuff like that! Also your character can form a party and start up an Expedition thread where they discover a new biome/territory! While explore threads can be finding old ruins, and stuff like that!

Aaaahh q.q site wise I dont mine proboards or jcink!!! I just dunno how to code q.q 

last edit on Feb 6, 2020 1:45:51 GMT by ☆Aimon☆
375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar
Intriguing. The usual stumbling block I get from this sort of set-ups is them disallowing certain abilities like combat precognition... but it does seem like a very free-for-all kinda thing.

From the other end of thought... could a character be based on the continent? Like, say, maybe an amnesiac that the adventurers find in a ruin somewhere there XD

Also I love all the exclamation points.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.