write a reply

Let's write history and magic!

82written posts
offlinecurrently
Phoenix Scamander
Phoenix Scamander Avatar
Hi,

I'm known as Kieran on some other RPG directories. (Rpg-D, Caution to the Wind, RpgFix, RPG Initiative)
Unfortunately that name has already been taken here so I'm using one of my OCs names. 

I've been RPing on forums since 2003, and entered the international community in 2015. I've mostly played on and administrated fandom sites but in nearly two decades I have founded a few real life sites too, some more successful than others. My favourite fandom to RP is Harry Potter, having been a huge and passionate fan of the books since 2004. My favourite real life genre is historical, I don't care for modern day settings unless it's in a fandom that's close to my heart.

I'm a passionate writer who loves to dig into things and advance scenes slowly, in addition to being reasonably descriptive, so my rp posts can easily become 1000+ words with good substance, once I produced a 3000 word post but that took me numerous hours and was an important situation between my father and son characters by themselves. My average post is usually 200 to 500 words, though as said it can easily go up to around 1000.

I also love researching stuff while I plot and write IC posts. I can happily spend hours at a time just doing research for something I feel is important to my character, the plot or the world of the rpg. This is one of the reasons I rarely reply every single day even if my writing partner does. Researching is fun but can get exhausting and time-consuming.

I've been running a Harry Potter 1980s RPG since July 2015, but it has only one player in addition to me right now. The competition in that genre turned out to be too much but it will remain open for joining as long as at least that one person stays active which it seems they will as they've expressed excitement for the board canon / site lore I've created.
I'm hoping to found an Old West rpg set in 1870s Minnesota and focusing on rural village life. That idea has received promiseing interest response on RPG-D so it may very well be realized. I'm going to post interest check for it here too.

I like this directory so far. The skin's colours and layout is so easy to read and browse, and this seems like a nice small community. Proboards all in all is a lovely forum host but I got frustrated with its PG13 content limitation and moved over to self-hosting a couple of years ago. 
last edit on Oct 28, 2021 15:52:26 GMT by Phoenix Scamander
CHILDREN OF MERLIN - HARRY POTTER 1980s RPG
| Fluid time | book-canon + own board-canon | Lots of species |