Old West RPG?

82written posts
offlinecurrently
Phoenix Scamander
Phoenix Scamander Avatar

EDIT: Here it is. :)

In addition to my characters I mentioned in this original post, I also created and took the village doctor as a character. And there's Wanted Ads for the priest and the school teacher. The latter two are NPCs until they are taken.

HOME ON THE PRAIRIE: link

I can find only one active Old West rpg site and unfortunately it's not one where I could develop my characters the way I'd like to. And it seems there doesn't exist a roleplayer who'd be truly inspired to play on 1x1 site, judging by how they keep disappearing just when we've started.

Is there any interest in a multi-player Old West rpg as follows?

- It would be set in the late 1870s in a fictionalized version of Burns which at the time was a rural village in southwest Minnesota.

- Only that village would be fictionalised. Overall the game would be based on real life history and aim at realism. As in you'd need to do research on the time period and other locations whilst creating your character and whilst writing game events. But I would not be anal about it, things wouldn't have to be perfectly accurate as long it's nothing major. I would provide some of the most essential info on the website so no one needs to research everything.

- It would be for people who enjoy writing historical everyday life in a rural community. The vilage would be rather small but developed enough to have numerous different seevices and townhouses too so your character doesn't need to be a farmer and there'd be potential for colourful variety of game events. Game locations would also include New York City and you could set a game event anywhere you need.
But the point is, it would not be a wild west rpg but an old west rpg focusing on a small community's everyday life.

- Character driven, no site wide plot.

- The time flow would be fluid. The timeline would be a few years in the late 1870s.

- My characters would be a farmer family including the parents and a very young son (5+ years old) and the son would be my main character with the parents as side characters. I could write separate events with the parents if needed, they just don't have their own biographies yet. And I also have a Native American father and his 7+ years old son, both main characters.

- Celebrity play-bys would be allowed but not mandatory to use.
Also child PBs under the age of 13. I personally use PBs for all my characters.

- The site would be rated 3-2-2. Minimum age for joining would be 15.

- Self-hosted, using myBb.

Anyone interested to join? Any questions or suggestions?
last edit on Mar 14, 2020 11:56:32 GMT by Phoenix Scamander
CHILDREN OF MERLIN - HARRY POTTER 1980s RPG
| Fluid time | book-canon + own board-canon | Lots of species |
82written posts
offlinecurrently
Phoenix Scamander
Phoenix Scamander Avatar
Thanks for the like, Jacob. :) Is there any more here that would be interested? So far across three sites I have five people expressing interest. One of them isn't likely to join because of the child playby thing that I forgot to mention initially. And another isn't likely to join any time soon because of not having time right now. That leaves three that might join and soon, but I probably shouldn't count on that because it's only interest at this point. So I'm hoping for at least a few more before I start building it. I'm planning to put significant amount of time and energy to it even before opening.
last edit on Feb 29, 2020 13:33:16 GMT by Phoenix Scamander
82written posts
offlinecurrently
Phoenix Scamander
Phoenix Scamander Avatar
Here it is. :)

In addition to my characters I mentioned in this original post, I also created and took the village doctor as a character. And there's Wanted Ads for the priest and the school teacher. The latter two are NPCs until they are taken.

HOME ON THE PRAIRIE
82written posts
offlinecurrently
Phoenix Scamander
Phoenix Scamander Avatar
I completely forgot about Discord being important to many people. How many of you might join even if I never add a Discord for the site? It has a Cbox, and I could make a Skype group discussion for it, but Discord is alien to me and I'm not a big fan of drawing essential activities away from the site itself so even the Skype group is kinda unappealing thought for me - but potential members' opinions weigh a lot. So the lot of you, please let me know how important a Discord on a site is to you? Across three sites I got ten expressions of interest. I can make a decision on this matter if I manage to get at least most of these ten opinions on this. Of course in the end I have to do what I myself feel comfortable with after getting to know Discord a bit because I can't opt out of whatever communication venues my site offers, but I definitely want to seriously note potential members' feelings.

The site is now listed here on Pixel, Home on the Prairie,  also linked in my previous post. 
last edit on Mar 20, 2020 5:01:30 GMT by Phoenix Scamander
82written posts
offlinecurrently
Phoenix Scamander
Phoenix Scamander Avatar
Okay, it's been a week and I've had no comments on the Discord matter from any of the initially interested so I'm going to assume that not having it isn't a dealbreaker. However, I wanted to compormise just in case so I did upgrade the Cbox to the Premium version. Now it has a lot of convenient features. I will make use of the channels feature too if this site gains very chatty members or channels are otherwise asked for. :)
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.